Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to 3, how can I check my credit?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Please don't say online as it's not been working last few hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hit the planet 3 button on your phone then go to my 3....don't be afraid it won't cost you anything....have a good look around in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Also 444 isn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the planet 3 thing is online.

but ya 444 to check credit.
    i don't know why these muppets dont have a *# code for this...

towel401 wrote: »

it's not, it's on your mobile...you don't need to go to the internet or dial 444 to check your balance...just go to my3 on your phone...simple...only use 444 when you need to top up....

it gets its information from the same thing. its just a http based portal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

towel401 wrote: »

but ya 444 to check credit.
    i don't know why these muppets dont have a *# code for this...

Why do you need a text code to check the credit. You have 444, my3, and three.ie. This is exactly the point i an making on my last post which I started about 3, slag them off for no reason. I personally dont care I just dont understand. You have three ways to check credit but they are muppets for not having a short text way also?

Walkman wrote: »
    Why do you need a text code to check the credit. You have 444, my3, and three.ie. This is exactly the point i an making on my last post which I started about 3, slag them off for no reason. I personally dont care I just dont understand. You have three ways to check credit but they are muppets for not having a short text way also?

the *# codes have always been the fastest and most convenient way. on 444 you have to listen to about half an hour worth of advertising before she tells you. the planet 3 thing also takes a while to load and doesnt work in bad coverage

i can see the reasoning for it though. they want people to browse planet 3. But I have no interest in spending money on ring tones or listening to advertising about their new (and increased) price plans. just want to know how much credit is left

a couple of years back there was a certain amount of hype over a feature that would display the remaining amount of credit on your phone at all times. no operator implemented it for obvious reasons. i know one american company that does but it might be a proprietary thing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Thanks for all the replies. Wanted to check the first part of my free credit had gone, through as the day after I bought it wasn't sending sending texts. Came through the following day but the only way I could tell was when I checked online, eventually the page opened after lots of attempts. Still not showing up by dialling 444 or planet 3 on the phone though. Strange, I've been with other networks and free credit shows up on the *100#. God I hope 3 is going to be a reliable network!

Did you get the 5 free credit, some 3pay sims dont have this applies. If you didnt get it just call customer care and they will apply it straight away. On my3 your credit is shown in two ways. The credit 3 give you is under free credit and the credit you apply will be under cash credit. This is because your cash credit will be used before your free credit (or the other way around I cant remember), so if you have not topped up and used your 5 it will show as no balance. The free credit is applied 30 days after your phone is activated once you top up by 10 per month. If you ported the 5 porting credit will be applied 24hrs after the port goes through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eannagglavin

I called 3 last night to find this out they changed it to '1744' don't ask me why because I don't know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I called 3 last night to find this out they changed it to '1744' don't ask me why because I don't know

You could have checked it online also!

They got a slap on the wrist from comreg for using the 333, 444 numbers because they weren't assigned to them.

Im sure most people know how to check their credit by now tho :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

just changed to 3, paid the woman in the shop a tenner for credit, but hae no idea if its already on the simcard or what? how do i check my credit? none of the stuff above is working, and trying to register with the site and it keeps saying theres a problem come back later, not a happy bunny right now :mad:

Did you get a 3 phone

yup its a 3 phone

Can you not access Planet 3?

Can you not access Planet 3? What model phone is it?

how do i access planet 3? UGH all i want is to check my freakin credit why does 3 have to make it so complicated!! AND their site is STILL telling me to come back later coz its more or less broken >;[

Planet 3 is on the phone, what model phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Anyway to download planet 3 to a non three phone?
    Cant find it :confused:
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Planet 3 is not an application it's a web address. All details are in the sticky at the top of the forum.

samsung c5010 - dont they just have a number i can type like *#100# that other networks have?!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

muffinz wrote: »
    samsung c5010 - dont they just have a number i can type like *#100# that other networks have?!!

No. Closest is calling 444.

Planet 3 is @ http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/

Type this into your phones browser

muffinz wrote: »

No the don't have a *100 tingy, there's a link on your phone that says planet 3 somewhere, it's usually on the home screen. Directly above the power on/off/hang up button there's another button. Hit that it should take you into planet 3, then go to my 3.
    If it's not there it's in the menus, there's a link there somewhere, can't believe you can't find it. It's usually so obvious.

Davy wrote: »

Shouldn't need to do that, there's a direct link built into the phone.

Davy wrote: »
    No. Closest is calling 444.

Planet 3 is @ http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/

when i call 444 i get that noise that says theres no such number, i just typed in that link and it told me that i had no such units, and the yesterday it cut me off a phone call coz it said i had no credit left, yet i can still text people, and i only topped up by 10 euro so i cant have availed of the 20 euro offer? ****in hating 3 already...

20101010-f8t2pit6iwqsn639p8ank5y7h3.jpg

What's on the bottom corners of the home screen, one should say Menu and the other should say planet 3 or favourites?

when i click the button above the on/off button, it brings me to contacts. Ive looked through all the tabs on the opening screen, theres google, inbox, music, alarms, calender, internet... and theres none in the actual menu... Im just going to go to the shop today and ask them what i do, thanks for your help :)

What happens if you just hit the big middle button, where does that take you?

• Advertisement

444 is no longer the top up number its now 1744. You'll find planet 3 somewhere in the internet tab. Go to.your screen settings and place a shortcut to it

Advertisement