Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corpse walks to its grave (NSFW) (Creepy)

Options
  • 21-09-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8qvew7P1v1qa07cwo1_500.jpg
    Only in Indonesia (especially Toraja), a corpse is usually being carried up to the grave, but in Toraja, the corpse is woken up letting it tol walk to its grave (is rarely performed anymore)

The corpse is woken up using black magic. This is done because in Toraja the graves/cemetries is placed above limestones mountains.

The corpse walks by itself, and its guided by an expert in black magic behind it. But there is one prohibition, the corpse shouldn’t be appointed, once pointed, the corpse falls down and isn’t able to walk again.

Creepy sh1t :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Cause this is thrilleh! Thrilleh night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

That's going to haunt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

That pic is going to give me nightmares tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

squod wrote: »
    Creepy sh1t

Well one of those words describes it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Thats just some chap putting a scarecrow out to protect his crops.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

True or not that picture is frightening. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

That pic is just an old lady that fell face down in a bowl of custard!
    *old people do this sometimes when they suddenly nod off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Looks authentic enough. Probably some horrible tropical disease. We're lucky as fcuk in Ireland even with the state of the economy. Most of us have food in our bellies, a roof over our heads and a steady supply of fresh water. No real natural disasters, relatively safe from serious infectious diseases and little chance of getting murdered in comparison to other countries.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I call photoshop. The corpse is judging by the decay a good six months after death. Hey if some guys can do this, then the whole magic/afterlife is fully confirmed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Reminds me of a better looking Amy Winehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

That looks a lot like the guy called the "Treeman" on discovery channel who has a disease that causes the person to look like their skin is turning to bark. This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidermodysplasia_verruciformis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

I am just glad no one mentioned Munging. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks authentic enough. Probably some horrible tropical disease.
    Good point. Could be leprosy? That would explain the skin discoloration and loss of facial structure alright. Though AFAIK the fingers tend to be lost at that advanced stage?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I dont get it. Someone with a skin disease walks to a grave? Then what? They push her in alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jeeze ... what if he just wanted to rest in fooking peace ? :eek:

Now if rigor mortis had set in .....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bloody foreigners and their black magic putting undertakers out of work now, recession proof industry me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miseian

world war z, it's begun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Woah, woah, woah.

The OP may have been on "the largest image board in the English language" i.e. 4chan over the last few days where this story (and it's an old one) has grown legs and spread across the interwebs. It's just a dead body they take out of a coffin and stand up. Then they take a picture of and then claim that it walked around the gaff. I saw the other photo's in that set and it's real clear that the bodies are being held up.
    Link (NSFW!): http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread612235/pg1

Seriously fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kazobel the return

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

some_dose wrote: »
    Woah, woah, woah.

The OP may have been on "the largest image board in the English language" i.e. 4chan over the last few days where this story (and it's an old one) has grown legs and spread across the interwebs. It's just a dead body they take out of a coffin and stand up. Then they take a picture of and then claim that it walked around the gaff. I saw the other photo's in that set and it's real clear that the bodies are being held up.
    Link (NSFW!): http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread612235/pg1

Seriously fake

Your link doesn't show the other pics in the set,so a bit hard to judge. I don't doubt it's all fake,I just like looking at gory ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Latchy wrote: »
    Now if rigor mortis had set in .....:pac:

Rigor only sets in for a temporary period of time, it's gone after about 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Well i would say it is genuine for one reason and that is the length of the hair which apparently keeps growing for months after you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

squod wrote: »

Which one is the corpse ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

WWJD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Holy sh*t.. it's Beetlejuice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Wibbs wrote: »
    I call photoshop. The corpse is judging by the decay a good six months after death.

I concur.

Advertisement