Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many types of medication are you on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

bleg wrote: »

lazy pharmacists

/grumble grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I hear roaccutane is fairly harsh

Ara it's not too bad, it works though! And i haven't had much side effects!

Sorry for the treble post, internets is being weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Cian92 wrote: »
    Ara it's not too bad, it works though! And i haven't had much side effects!

2 friends of mine were on it, and the results were fairly obvious, its the next step after what I am on now, which has not worked, although both of my friends had really dry lips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Just coffee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Plavix,Lipitor,Asprin,Cozaar,cardicor,Protium

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Salazopyrin, losec, mobic, and vitamin B complex.:eek:
    Soon coming off all of that and going on Methotrexate :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

tegretol have epilepsy :( but its not too severe haven't had a fit in 2 years :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just a drop of heroin every now and again.

Here's some more wiki while you're at it shure........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance

need a lend of a thesaurus give a shout.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Here's some more wiki while you're at it shure........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance

need a lend of a thesaurus give a shout.

I'm well aware of antibiotic resistance thanks. I'm also well aware that it has nothing to do with your body becoming "immune" to drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

yes mr pharmacist sir.

I am self-educated and it is certainly the case for anti-biotics, take too many and you will become resistant to them.

Nah YOU won't, the bacteria can though

I'm well aware of antibiotic resistance thanks. I'm also well aware that it has nothing to do with your body becoming "immune" to drugs.

care to quote me on that?
    Looks like you're putting words in my mouth.

Nah, somebody said your body becomes immune to meds. I said they didn't you then said that you're self educated and that they certainly do, pg 2 of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

2 friends of mine were on it, and the results were fairly obvious, its the next step after what I am on now, which has not worked, although both of my friends had really dry lips

Why whats happening? Is your skin not staying clear after coming off it? Im only on it about 3weeks seen huge changes already, but very dry skin and lips..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'm only on one type of medication

was taking two for about a year, but was able to stop one of them recently.

rarely need to take paracetamol or any other over the counter stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Nah, somebody said your body becomes immune to meds. I said they didn't you then said that you're self educated and that they certainly do, pg 2 of the thread.

here's what I said fyi..........
    none, I really don't like taking any kind of medication, it's a last resort for me. Taking medication all the time only makes you immune to it.

Immunity/resistance/<other thesaurus entry here>

I live by not taking medication unless really necessary, my body is healthier without it thanks. Also it's well accepted that you can build resistance to anti-biotics.

I don't see anything wrong here.

• Advertisement

Cian92 wrote: »
    Why whats happening? Is your skin not staying clear after coming off it? Im only on it about 3weeks seen huge changes already, but very dry skin and lips..:(

no no, ive never been on roaccutane, ive been on everything but that, but it'll be then next thing i'll be going on because nothing else has worked, i just wanted to try all my other options before that because of the dryness side effects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Nexium for acid reflux
    Modafinil for narcolepsy
    Anti histamine for hayfever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭ORLY?

Also it's well accepted that you can build resistance to anti-biotics.

It's the bacteria that become resistant. If some of these resistant bacteria cause an infection in someone who has never taken antibiotics, that infection will STILL be resistant to antibiotics.

ORLY? wrote: »
    It's the bacteria that become resistant. If some of these resistant bacteria cause an infection in someone who has never taken antibiotics, that infection will STILL be resistant to antibiotics.

superinfection....yuk

They're medically distinct terms.

I live by not taking medication unless really necessary, my body is healthier without it thanks. Also it's well accepted that you can build resistance to anti-biotics.

Read the wiki article you posted. It is not accepted that you(or any human) can build resistance to antibiotics.

ORLY? wrote: »

You're healthier without taking medication needlessly

simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭ORLY?

You're healthier without taking medication needlessly

simples

And?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I'm gonna need some medication after that ludicrous display of football there.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

here's what I said fyi..........

As I mentioned above, bacteria CAN develop antibiotic resistance, NOT humans.

Your body CANNOT develop resistance to antibiotics BUT you may become infected by a strain of bacteria that may be resistant to antibiotics.

As ORLY? has mentioned, you may never have taken an antibiotic in your life and still develop an illness which is untreatable by antibiotics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

McConkey wrote: »
    As I mentioned above, bacteria CAN develop antibiotic resistance, NOT humans.

Your body CANNOT develop resistance to antibiotics BUT you may become infected by a strain of bacteria that may be resistant to antibiotics.

As ORLY? has mentioned, you may never have taken an antibiotic in your life and still develop an illness which is untreatable by antibiotics

This is true, but is forwarded by the needless amounts taken by people.

Advertisement