Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or.....?

Options
  • 10-07-2010 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Over the last few years whenever I hear that the Oxegen festival is coming up on the following weekend I always immediately think 'rainy weekend on the way so'. Poor sods are facing into yet another mudbath again this year, its lashing down there as usual.

Rule No.1 of an Irish summer, if Oxegen is on, it will rain. Any others :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

no matter what the weather is like on the days coming up to it, the twelfth always turns out nice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Leaving Cert and it's sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I was there in 2008 and it was alrightish, i've given up on irish festivals and have been going to european festivals instead, went to rock werchter in Belgium the last 2 years
    • cheaper
    • free trains and busses to the festival
    • better organised
    • friendlier people
    • better bands (usually)
    • better weather
    • clean
    • toilets cleaned every hour

these simple things for me make it so much better, just back from werchter a week and it was over 30 degrees all weekend and one day it hit at least 45 possibly higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

milly4ever wrote: »
    no matter what the weather is like on the days coming up to it, the twelfth always turns out nice :mad:
    Was just going to say that. It's not always the 12th that's nice, just whatever day they have their little parades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Perhaps they should rename it H2O?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Cancel Oxegen and bring back "Homelands" to Ireland - the weather was decent for that each time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

They deserve it

Have a look at the webcam :D
    http://2010.oxegen.ie/oxegen-live-webcam/

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

They should really consider testing out August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

July never has the best weather, May and June get most of the dry weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Last year wasn't really that rainy, except the Sunday where there was an ungodly shower. The rain was do heavy it actually hurt when it hit you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    Last year wasn't really that rainy, except the Sunday where there was an ungodly shower. The rain was do heavy it actually hurt when it hit you

lol sissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

lol sissy.
    But it ruined my perfectly coiffed hair

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Ya know half the people that go there drop and roll in the mud cause they think they look cool coming through town. Easier than getting 'look at me, look at me, I was at oxygen' tattooed across their faces I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    But it ruined my perfectly coiffed hair

Oh... Nevermind. :(

bambera wrote: »
    Ya know half the people that go there drop and roll in the mud cause they think they look cool coming through town. Easier than getting 'look at me, look at me, I was at oxygen' tattooed across their faces I suppose.

Ah that's a bit cynical isn't it..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

milly4ever wrote: »

You're right, there's always a nice warm orange glow on the 12th.

Ah that's a bit cynical isn't it..

I'm only telling the truth :o Gets really annoying when ya see them all swanning around trying to look as mucky as possible. Anyways, I only said half the people, I'm sure the other half are very nice and are genuinely at oxygen for the music, not just cause its the popular place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Pauleta wrote: »
    They deserve it

looks like the place is gonna be blown away!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Who in their right minds goes to irish festivals?

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Who in their right minds goes to irish festivals?

I do, Oxegen is brilliant...financial constraints mean I cant attend this year, I'm very depressed right now. If I got the cash I head straight there rain and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If you could crystallize everything that represents rip off ireland into a single event it would be an irish festival.

Bambi wrote: »
    If you could crystallize everything that represents rip off ireland into a single event it would be an irish festival.

Obviously you've never been to one with a mostly untrue statement like that.

The best progress Oxegen has made in it's existence are the food stalls. They're not cheap but they're not a rip off, they cant afford to be because there is soooo much choice on offer...Hell there is even a centra at Oxegen now where you can buy a chicken and stuffing sambo and a tea for a fiver.

I've been to 5 Oxegens and I'll be going again. I feel sorry for you that you'll miss out on what is probably the most fun you can have in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, it's a guarantee. I remember it last year was as bad, possibly worse.

Electric Picnic is usually nice though, because of course it's during those few days at the start of September when the kids are going back to school.

I'm only telling the truth :o Gets really annoying when ya see them all swanning around trying to look as mucky as possible. Anyways, I only said half the people, I'm sure the other half are very nice and are genuinely at oxygen for the music, not just cause its the popular place to be.
    I too envy people who are able to put up with the weather and the mud and still have fun and get to see some great bands...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Pauleta wrote: »
    They deserve it

Why is there an oxegen webcam?
    If you're there you're hardly looking at the webcam and if you're not there watching people rolling around in the mud is hardly a top priority.

Dudess wrote: »
    I too envy people who are able to put up with the weather and the mud and still have fun and get to see some great bands...

I'm not envying anyone. If I had to stand in the rain and muck in order to enjoy watching a gig, I wouldn't have a problem with that, it's the people who feel they have to get as mucky as possible in order to show everyone where they've been this weekend that I find a little pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Why is there an oxegen webcam?
    If you're there you're hardly looking at the webcam and if you're not there watching people rolling around in the mud is hardly a top priority.

so we can watch them suffer

Probably isn't the case though - they probably just got mucky, no agenda behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

so we can watch them suffer

I can think of better ways of passing the time this weekend.

Advertisement