Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little story with pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Epic movie poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Slidey wrote: »
    27952_121970971167993_100000652713415_175702_4367816_n.jpg

Ah, ya gotta love the Spanish Arch, home to much non-sensical stuff.

This picture is brilliant, it just doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

look at the face of the guard in the 2nd last pic, looks like he's enjoyin it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I am still busting up at that first picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Look at the can beside Morgan Freemans foot, my only explanation for this picture is that he's an undercover detective trying to blend in with the local drunkards, and failing miserably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Doing research for his latest movie I reckon.

That's dedication...explains his bemused look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

mink_man wrote: »
    look at the face of the guard in the 2nd last pic, looks like he's enjoyin it! :P

Dam right!
    Take that ya god dam hippy! Whack whack!
    I will smite you with my jesus stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I love the captions on the facebook pages :D;
    crying (stupit bustard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

Am I the only one that thinks the Garda was way out of line on this one?

The pepper spray clearly subdued him and there was absolutley no need for a strike to the mans leg except for revenge. The guys back was to him and his eyes were closed. No more threat!

I'm not saying the guy was in the right, I mean taking off your clothes on a hot day, what was he thinking? And when the garda put his hands on him he should not have resisted or went for the garda.

But the scuffle was over, the man was decapacitated. In my opinion this an abuse of power and I feel it's police brutality.

I actually feel sickened by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

LaughOrDie wrote: »

The pepper spray clearly subdued him and there was absolutley no need for a strike to the mans leg except for revenge. The guys back was to him and his eyes were closed. No more threat!

I'm not saying the guy was in the right, I mean taking off your clothes on a hot day, what was he thinking? And when the garda put his hands on him he should not have resisted or went for the garda.

But the scuffle was over, the man was decapacitated. In my opinion this an abuse of power and I feel it's police brutality.

If a muppet like yer man in the pics tried to choke me in the course of my duties(if I was a Garda) I think it'd be pretty justified to give him a belt of it too, just to make sure he stays in line and doesn't think of going back at him.

tbh I hope yer man got the shíte kicked out of him in the cells too!

The dude was decapitated? Jeez. That does seem a bit OTT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Never having been pepper sprayed myself, but always believed it is not the Be all and end all of subduing a person. Instead it is merely used as the first stage of subduing, where it would surprise/disorient a criminal, allowing the next stage to continue with a higher chance of success, with it being safer for the gardai.
    So Pepper spray. A little Baton. Clap on cuffs. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

phill106 wrote: »
    Never having been pepper sprayed myself, but always believed it is not the Be all and end all of subduing a person. Instead it is merely used as the first stage of subduing, where it would surprise/disorient a criminal, allowing the next stage to continue with a higher chance of success, with it being safer for the gardai.
    So Pepper spray. A little Baton. Clap on cuffs. Job done.

I have been pepper sprayed, and you'd want to be bloody determined to keep fighting afterwards. I'd say the baton was just to get him on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Oh god the pepper spray pic is making my eyes water!:pac:

What is up with the Morgan Freeman guy indeed?
    Was he with them or what,he has a can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

You sound like a fairly harmless chap, god bless you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its a series of pics, not a video. You can't tell what happened and why or even if he's actually hitting the guy with the baton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Yes.

My fellow boardsies. I am happy to announce that I have just walked by Shawshank Redemption man. I am currently enroute to the Spanish Arch to see if he is there and will take photos and post them here if I can track him down.

I felt so humble to be in the presence of such a celebrity, nay, a hero, nay, a God!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

117656.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My baby she gone, she gone took my Duch Gold.

To write music like that, I'd sell my soul to the devil...

*waits for fire*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Scrawny Gaurd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

My fellow boardsies. I am happy to announce that I have just walked by Shawshank Redemption man. I am currently enroute to the Spanish Arch to see if he is there and will take photos and post them here if I can track him down.

I felt so humble to be in the presence of such a celebrity, nay, a hero, nay, a God!

Beat you to it. I WAS TALKING TO THE MAN ON SATURDAY!!

I was in galway for the weekend and nearly shat myself when i seen him. i seriously got way over excited becasue i've been laughing all week at that pic.

got photos of him and all but can't find the cable to my crappy phone right now but i will upload them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Its a series of pics, not a video. You can't tell what happened and why or even if he's actually hitting the guy with the baton.
    You can see that there is a ripple in the skin, it seems highly likely the guard is striking rather than just pressing really hard against him as the skin wouldn't ripple that way if he was just pressing against the skin. I'd say the guy still wasn't listening to him so got a light slap to get him to pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

ScumLord wrote: »
    You can see that there is a ripple in the skin, it seems highly likely the guard is striking rather than just pressing really hard against him as the skin wouldn't ripple that way if he was just pressing against the skin. I'd say the guy still wasn't listening to him so got a light slap to get him to pay attention.

Agreed. It's clear the way the guy grabbed the Garda, I think he was right to mace him and give him a bit of a strike with the baton. The guy was being an aggressive fcuker. (The guy in his boxers, not the Garda!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ScumLord wrote: »

I realise thats very possible but without video evidence the person I was replying to (or anyone here really) can't claim to have the full story. Its very good camera timing if the person managed to snap just at the second of impact and flab waving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Brill, its the funniest thing i've seen in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I demand more pics of Mr.Shawshank Redemption!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

The whole series of images are highly amusing, the first one is officially the funniest photograph I've ever seen, had a great laugh at it altogether. :D

It's more than likely that the photographer took a burst of shots in continuous shooting mode and uploaded the best ones with the most going on in them.

• Advertisement

storm2811 wrote: »
    I demand more pics of Mr.Shawshank Redemption!

You demanded, and I will provide:

30062010407.jpg

30062010408.jpg

30062010410.jpg

Advertisement