Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Repents

Options
  • 24-05-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the SINDOs glossy magazine today (sunday) with herself on the cover? The article written by her, no less, - the poster girl for the excesses of the Celtic tiger - was written without a shred of irony. is there something wrong with this woman? Has her powerful Arts educated UCD brain bee replaced with yoghurt? Does she really feel a flush or moral rectitude when aligning herself with the working classes? Does her new found admiration for the virtues of hard work, really have parallels into the modelling industry?

When will Ireland sink beneath the waves, so no one can remember we ever existed?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

To the above questions:

No,
    Possibly...
    No,
    Only a shrink could tell,
    Say what???

No. we helped build the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

do you have a link? i heard about this on newstalk earlier but am in britland and didn't see it on the website. had a grand oul chuckle to myself though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Another person to add to the "Wish they vanish off the earth list"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Waestrel wrote: »

When will Ireland sink beneath the waves, so no one can remember we ever existed?

Oh no:(, it is going to be Atlantis all over again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

link ( to the cover photo anyway)

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

• Advertisement

Oh no:(, it is going to be Atlantis all over again:rolleyes:

AS far as i remember, Atlantis had terrific technology. They had at least underground railways to Atlantis international airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

dear God. that was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It's telling that I've heard that she posed naked and yet I never bothered to Google them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Anyone see the SINDOs...

Sindo = A tabloid for people who make over 50k a year.
    Has her powerful Arts educated UCD brain bee replaced with yoghurt?

She's a ride with a college degree. I'd say you could replace it with yoghurt, baked beans, cocaine etc... and neither she nor anyone else would give a fiddlers fart.
    Does she really feel a flush or moral rectitude when aligning herself with the working classes? Does her new found admiration for the virtues of hard work, really haver parallels into the modelling industry?

She grew up in a generation that knew nothing else. She was also a complete babe who ended up winning Ms.World (or was it Universe?) and her dad was one of Ireland's biggest celebrities. I'd say she's suprisingly well-adjusted tbh.

As a whole this is a very strange little rant, but that last question takes the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's telling that I've heard that she posed naked and yet I never bothered to Google them.

It's telling that I've heard that she posed naked and I've put a parental control on my browser ... for myself!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Sindo = A tabloid for people who make over 50k a year.

Well, don't look at me, I did not buy it, some other household resident did.
    She's a ride with a college degree. I'd say you could replace it with yoghurt, baked beans, cocaine etc... and neither she nor anyone else would give a fiddlers fart.

True, but newspapers as a general rule don't let people with condiments for brains write articles. Ties back to your earlier comment i suppose. You sir, are a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I have no idea who you're talking about. I don't think I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i almost choked when i saw this and then reading it all i kept thinking is who the **** cares what she thinks she won a beauty pageant she is decent looking fair play since when does this mean she should be commenting on life

she is like the hills or that show jersey shore show sometimes its nice to look at and entertaining but when they start expressing their opinion like its important they need to be put back in their place

if she ever does or says anything worth while ill be less harsh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The word "Sindo" should be banned.

I didn't even read the article, the pictures were enough to discourage me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Rosanna Repents

How does Dan feel about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

TBH, don't care what she thinks, says or does. She's a ride, famous etc... but she'll hit her thirties, modelling jobs will dry up for her and she'll end up on RTÉ with a programme.
    OP, there's more to this toilet of a country than models in the SINDO.

Twee. wrote: »
    I didn't even read the article, the pictures were enough to discourage me.

thy state is the more gracious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Well it's a shíte paper that sells to a certain audience. But I wouldn't get upset about her, she hasn't done anything wrong, she's been asked to model and she's been asked to write and she's done both.
    We all have to earn a crust and she hasn't hurt anyone. Don't see what the problem is with her

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

thy state is the more gracious

Mmm what now? :o

Well it's a shíte paper that sells to a certain audience. But I wouldn't get upset about her, she hasn't done anything wrong, she's been asked to model and she's been asked to write and she's done both.
    We all have to earn a crust and she hasn't hurt anyone. Don't see what the problem is with her

I'm not upset, I just find the complete lack of irony or self awareness to be hilarious. I had a chuckle at it today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Is somebody going to post the pics..?I just want to see the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Well, don't look at me, I did not buy it, some other household resident did.

Nope, but you read it.
    True, but newspapers as a general rule don't let people with condiments for brains write articles.

Woah! (That's English for stop a horse)

Who said ANYTHING about the Sindo magazine being a ''newspaper''?

The Sindo has a long long history of doing such. Be they condiments, drugs. veiled racism or middle-class bigotry, the Sindo strives to find guest journalists who have ANYTHING in their heads besides a brain.
    Ties back to your earlier comment i suppose.

My earlier comment?
    You sir, are a genius.

You sir, are an internet ninja.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

oh fcukin hell.... i've just read nearly all the thread thinking "who the feckin hell is this Rosanna Repents?"

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Nope, but you read it.

My first mistake, but it is read now, and cannot be unread .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

For some reason this was in the house today for the first time in about a year. Saw her smug face on the cover of that stupid "magazine"- such utter crap. Needless to say I did not read the article. Who really gives a flying f*ck what her opinion on the state of the country is. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Rosanna Repents!.........Me arse!

Quote from her article " I believe that my generation has more or less silently adapted to recession etiquette" Give me an F'in break!!

Stars' free ride comes to an end as they lose their luxury car deals

a staff member at Audi has confirmed that in recent months the company has had to ask top model Rosanna Davison for her sexy Audi TT convertible back.

The stunning brunette was told that that the garage "needed to sell the convertible on" and instead had to downgrade it to a "cheaper vehicle".

The keys of the Audi TT were taken from the model and an Audi A3 Cabriolet was given to her instead.

This is March of this year^

Also Her recent scumbag party?
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2962935/Miss-World-the-Celtic-ned.html

How pretensious can you get?

FUP SAKE!! I'm so sick of the bull**** celebrity crap that fills our media daily! rant over :)

Also Her recent scumbag party?
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...eltic-ned.html

How pretensious can you get?

Marie Antoinette and her servants amused themselves by dressing up as shepherdesses in the gardens of Versailles.

She got the guillotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Marie Antoinette and her servants amused themselves by dressing up as shepherdesses in the gardens of Versailles.

She got the guillotine.

Yeh but that's France, over here they get jobs as "columnists".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Shelga wrote: »
    For some reason this was in the house today for the first time in about a year. Saw her smug face on the cover of that stupid "magazine"- such utter crap. Needless to say I did not read the article. Who really gives a flying f*ck what her opinion on the state of the country is. :mad:

Not being a smartarse but if you didn't read it how do you know it was utter crap and that she is smug?

Fact is if someone offered you x amount of money to write an article you'd do it. The only thing that annoys me about anyones writings is when they patronise or condescend, she did neither. She just wrote about what she was asked to. And got paid. I would love to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thread disappoints. I thought this was going to be about Rosanne Barr apologizing for her crap acting. Instead it's far less interesting.

Advertisement