Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Gorilla Baby' Born In Gaza

• 18-05-2010 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

by Earl Morningstarr
    gorilla-baby.jpg The births of deformed babies in Gaza has increased since the Israeli offensive which took place last year, Palestinian doctors claim.
    Most recently a woman gave birth to a child at the Shifa Hospital in the Gaza Strip which was severely deformed, the baby boy’s face was malformed, his nose is flattened, there is reddish-brownish skin discoloration and the limbs are short with the feet curling in, a similar shape to a gorilla’s.
    The child, unsurprisingly nicknamed ‘Gorilla Baby’ was abandoned by his parents. The mother and father of the little boy have left the hospital and refuse to go back and claim the baby, so he will remain under the hospital’s custody until other arrangements can be made.
    Doctors at the hospital say that Gorilla Baby and a host of other mutated children are not the result of genetic conditions, they point the finger squarely at the use of white phosphorus by the Israeli armed forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

There are baby's born all around the world every day with deformity's, did the Israeli's deform them as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sad, very sad.
    I hope things take a better turn for the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

This is happening in loads of war affected places due to the chemicals used in weapons bombs etc.

It's well known but little is done about it..can't believe the parents just abandoned the baby aswell:eek:

There are baby's born all around the world every day with deformity's, did the Israeli's deform them as well?
    Don't be silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

GTFO libtard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Another spurious anti Israeli thread.

Lock it up lads.

I have so many mixed emotions about this.. One part thinks unconditional love and the other thinks natural selection.
    Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ads By G00GLE

I have so many mixed emotions about this.. One part thinks unconditional love and the other thinks natural selection.
    Weird.

I know exactly how you feel.

Lock it up lads.
    Anti apartheid and anti war bud,they just happen to be Israeli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Imagine being called Earl Morningstar and writing for the Morning Star.

Earl Morningstarr = rock n' roll name or what?

stovelid wrote: »
    Imagine being called Earl Morningstar and writing for the Morning Star.
    lol i hadn't noticed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ooops

I thought it was the commie paper. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Fago! wrote: »
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

The three times I've opened this thread, you've edited your post to say something different. From 'Ewww!' to 'Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thats disgusting' (maybe not totally accurate), and now to what you have above. Whats the schtory Fago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lock it up lads.

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So after the telephone box exploded Pat Mustard found himself jettisoned to Gaza!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

digme wrote: »
    Oh the Arabs were seriously screwed up the arse by the allies after WW2 and indeed after WW1 when the promises they were given were ignored when the fighting stopped. The creation of the state of Israel and the subsequent wholesale theft of arab lands was pretty much ignored by the world. The problem is they were left alone to do it with tacit and sometimes direct support. The crap in the middle east and the arab world in general today goes all teh way back. Problem is now, how does it get sorted. It made the troubles up north look like a bit of fisticuffs outside the pub.

The problem is also that it has become so polarised and full of BS on both sides. Like the gorilla baby above. How does white phosporus cause genetic damage like that? The oul hairy baby syndrome is not that uncommon worldwide. If you were talking about depleted uranium rounds I could see some link or possibility of one.

TPD wrote: »
    The three times I've opened this thread, you've edited your post to say something different. From 'Ewww!' to 'Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thats disgusting' (maybe not totally accurate), and now to what you have above. Whats the schtory Fago?

I'm a puppy and haven't figured out how to type yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

hopefully one day he'll grow up like a normal teen in the region, with the ability to use a black widow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

TPD wrote: »
    Fair enough so

Haha ace

No but serious, the poor thing will go through a life of harassment so I hope things pick up for him!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh the Arabs were seriously screwed up the arse by the allies after WW2 and indeed after WW1 when the promises they were given were ignored when the fighting stopped. The creation of the state of Israel and the subsequent wholesale theft of arab lands was pretty much ignored by the world. The problem is they were left alone to do it with tacit and sometimes direct support. The crap in the middle east and the arab world in general today goes all teh way back. Problem is now, how does it get sorted. It made the troubles up north look like a bit of fisticuffs outside the pub.

The problem is also that it has become so polarised and full of BS on both sides. Like the gorilla baby above. How does white phosporus cause genetic damage like that? The oul hairy baby syndrome is not that uncommon worldwide. If you were talking about depleted uranium rounds I could see some link or possibility of one.
    I dont think im in a position to know how babies are deformed or not by white phosphorus,but many doctors are surely not lying about it.
    Poor child

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The poor disformed kids, it wouldnt have anything to do with the phosphorus being used by the Isrealis awhile back?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

hopefully one day he'll grow up like a normal teen in the region, with the ability to use a black widow
    Ask yourself why they pick up a black widow. The answer isnt just about nutty islamic clerics either. Imagine living in a country where foreigners of a different faith to yours, but traditionally of similar stock lay claim to your land. The superpower of the day says this is grand and encourages it. Then imagine your people being slowly squeezed harder and harder into smaller and smaller areas. Imagine your prospects and rights are lesser because you're of this different religious group. Then imagine your own clerics egging you on. And the other side theirs. Oh right if you're Irish you dont have to imagine it. Go back to the plantations here. And though we're still whining and bitching about it it way too long after the fact, it was arguably much less aggressive and complete.

digme wrote: »
    I dont think im in a position to know how babies are deformed or not by white phosphorus,but many doctors are surely not lying about it.
    Poor child
    Poor child indeed, but I would be asking which doctors and what are their sympathies. TBH it sounds like BS to me. AFAIR white phosphorus while toxic isnt mutagenic. http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA056019

is that a fighter jet?

I know exactly how you feel.

Hmm... I'm noticing a trend here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

unfortunatly these things happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

djhunter30 wrote: »
    The poor disformed kids, it wouldnt have anything to do with the phosphorus being used by the Isrealis awhile back?

'Deformed' DJ , just get it right ok?