Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Met The Woman Of My Dreams

Options
  • 25-03-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Well guys, did it ever happen to you. she was gorgeous, I met her in a local club. we danced/talked/and drank until the wee hours. She was tall about 5-9 long blond hair, beautifully made up with the most beautiful big eyes I ever saw and big eyelashes. She wore a skimpy little dress and lovely shaped breasts. she wore high wedged heels with long slender legs. We said goodnight after swapping phone numbers. I was so pleased with her I made an instant date with her for the following Saturday.

I worked all week thinking of the date I was going on, on the Saturday Night.
    I even turned up on time, I was there about ten minutes when she arrived. I felt a tug at my elbow, I turned to see this girl who I didn't recognise, and I didn't.. this girl had short hair, little small eyes like marbles, and a small pair of bubes she was about 5-5, I couldn't believe it she was totally different from last week and I felt I just couldn't go out with her, however I did to my regret and we parted earlier than I has planned that night. with all the false parts and make up I felt I was completely turned off.

did anything similar to this ever happen to you? what did you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'll probably get a ban for this, but I'm going to risk it anyway..........

Sounds a bit shallow, to be honest. You were shocked, yes, that this girl had gutted her appearance (removed makeup, hair extensions, heels, etc.) and was now nothing like the provocative minx that she once was when you met her. But for you to dismiss her completely does not sound very good form, I have to say.

Why she chose not to doll herself up for meeting for a date puzzles me a little bit, but perhaps she wanted to show you the 'real' her and not the superficial creature that she flaunted on the nightclub dancefloor. She did, and she was kicked into touch for it.

Your shock at seeing her without her mask, her armour might have been what did it. You expected someone who looked divine... but instead ended up with someone who looked like Divine. A shock, yes. But was that any reason not to explore her personality? Maybe, maybe not.

Sorry, OP, I don't feel a lot of sympathy for you, I have to say. Your shock at seeing her could only possibly be matched by the hurt she could have felt at your rejection of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

Oj :).. but seriously, this happend to me once. Were you under the infulence when you first met? Could be a severe case of beer-goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

beer_goggles3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

...drank until the wee hours. She was tall about 5-9

There's your problem right there OP. She's far too young. Try 18-23 :D

srs: you just don't fancy her. Don't force it. End it. Beer goggles are a mighty thing. Be true to yourself. Happens to the best of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Something similar happened to me about 5 years ago. Met this girl in a nightclub had a great laugh, dancing, got fairly intimate & all that. I was pretty wrecked but managed to get the number & made plans to meet in the same place the next weekend etc etc
    The girl that i thought i'd met was pretty hot, long dark hair, good body, a sexy woman.
    The girl that approached me in the same place the following week was.....a bit chunky & not exactly a looker & a good bit older than me. I honestly kept thinking this couldn't be right, somebodies taking the piss??
    I just didn't find the girl attractive so as i pretended to listen to what she was saying for an hour i eventually came up with an excellent excuse & we parted company.

I always thought the 'beer goggles' was a load a bollox but it was the drink alright.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I always thought the 'beer goggles' was a load a bollox but it was the drink alright.:D

wonder if she thought the same -it cuts both ways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

exact opposite happened to me. met a girl at a club, got talking and organised a date. She was even better looking without the make-uprolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

CDfm wrote: »
    wonder if she thought the same -it cuts both ways ;)

Don't think so, she texted me a few days later asking how i was? & wanting to know what i was doing the following weekend.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    exact opposite happened to me. met a girl at a club, got talking and organised a date. She was even better looking without the make-uprolleyes.gif
    inverse beer goggles ,I like ! .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

So were you drunk when you meet her therefore may have found her more attractive than you would have sober or did a different girl actually turned up and you continued with the date anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Shallow hal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

. this girl had short hair, little small eyes like marbles, and a small pair of bubes she was about 5-5, I couldn't believe it she was totally different from last week and I felt I just couldn't go out with her, however I did to my regret and we parted earlier than I has planned that night. with all the false parts and make up I felt I was completely turned off.

You must be some beauty yourself and to think she was pissed aswell is that the best she could do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Met a girl a few months ago in a bar. Gorgeous, intelligent, interesting, funny and Mexican. Went home with her and spent most of the night chatting. We got on so well and I reckoned it was seriously going somewhere. So we arranged a date for the following thursday. I showed up to the date and she spent the first five minutes on the phone. She then spent the rest of the night, she admitted to me later, seeing how long she could go without kissing me. If that wasn't childish enough, every 100 seconds or so, she'd ask "What are you thinking?" I tried to be polite but after a half hour of this, I snapped. "None of your business, jesus, leave my thoughts alone!" I never texted her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

mood wrote: »
    did a different girl actually turned up and you continued with the date anyway?

That would be hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hmm interesting

hey man, you got a lucky escape most guys are married before they realise the prediction they are in. call it a close one and put it down to experience;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Happened me once too......

Met a gorgeous girl in a club in the city centre. Things went swimmingly and we arranged to meet the next weekend. I couldn't wait. But when I met her it was some troglydite and not the vision I had encountered before. But we'd made a date and I stuck to it. And I never looked back. We were married by the Pope in St Peter's two years later. That was 70 years ago last saturday. I have a lovely family. 17 boys, 11 girls, 2 sons and a dog. Called Raffles. Can't remember the dog's name. Can't remember much. Can't remember where I was going with this. All I know is, I never looked back.

Never look back.........

Lol! Actually happened to me with a bloke before. Even drunk I could tell he wasn't all that good looking, but he seemed really nice and interesting. Met him then a little while later and he still looked the same but he bored me to death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I liked the second description of her better than the first.

Small bewbs are sexy, she sounds cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

maybe she had a C*ck:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Met a girl a few months ago in a bar. Gorgeous, intelligent, interesting, funny and Mexican.

she's just an eejit .I met a nice one a few months ago called adriana ,she invited me over to london for a date :D .The double of eva mendes ,Yumm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

The only thing worse then the original posters experience is when you've only talked over the phone, gone buck wow over the phone, but then when you meet;

vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Op i take it youtr the kinda guy who looks for the trophy wife and when you find her you doa wayne rooney....

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

ocokev wrote: »
    You must be some beauty yourself and to think she was pissed aswell is that the best she could do?

his looks are not the point.... stick with whats relevant... sure we all know its a shallow topic but sure its the GL

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

ocokev wrote: »

Well at least what she saw on the first night is what she got on the next date, and at least I was still the same height... Sure who knows maybe she sent her ugly friend!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Well guys, did it ever happen to you. she was gorgeous, I met her in a local club. we danced/talked/and drank until the wee hours. She was tall about 5-9 (MOST GIRLS HEELS ARE AT LEAST 4 INCHES THESE DAYS) long blond hair (EXTENSIONS?) , beautifully made up (THIS IS WHERE THE BEER GOGGLES AND DIMLY LIT CLUBS COME IN) with the most beautiful big eyes I ever saw and big eyelashes (PROBABLY FAKE). She wore a skimpy little dress and lovely shaped breasts (PUSH UP BRA). she wore high wedged heels (THIS IS WHY SHE WAS 5'9) with long slender legs. We said goodnight after swapping phone numbers. I was so pleased with her I made an instant date with her for the following Saturday.

I worked all week thinking of the date I was going on, on the Saturday Night.
    I even turned up on time, I was there about ten minutes when she arrived. I felt a tug at my elbow, I turned to see this girl who I didn't recognise, and I didn't.. this girl had short hair, little small eyes like marbles, and a small pair of bubes she was about 5-5, I couldn't believe it she was totally different from last week and I felt I just couldn't go out with her, however I did to my regret and we parted earlier than I has planned that night. with all the false parts and make up I felt I was completely turned off.

did anything similar to this ever happen to you? what did you do?

If you felt turned off, imagine how crap she felt when she seen your reaction:rolleyes:... I can only wonder what your reaction would be if you seen her out again all made up. I applaude her for going in her natural state! All the things highlighted above are regular things women do to make themselves "more attractive" weekly on nights out ..I often hear men say " I prefare you with no makeup, you're prettier without it".......................B0llix!! see what happens when we do...... *sighs*:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

LeahK wrote: »
    ..I often hear men say " I prefare you with no makeup, you're prettier without it".......................B0llix!! see what happens when we do...... *sighs*:o

LOL -well some do.The dancing poles are harder then they look. :p

It was also first date territory.I suspect the young woman looked jaded from partying & just didn't make any effort.

So maybe it wasn't just beer goggles but that she arrived in rag order and it was a turn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Need2Know4Sure

Ah this happens all the time. People meet after having a few and everything seems great.

Then you meet up again and its just not the same.

I dont think the OP is being Shallow........You need phyiscal attraction to have a good relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

All I can say is, If she seems too good to be real she probably is, the link below shows the true power of make-up. It shows the transformation from not to hot ! http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/the-power-of-make-up.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

CDfm wrote: »
    I am involved in voluntary work and I dont get any recognition or pay for it. Its about giving something back to the community or helping out the world in a quiet way.

My g/f is involved in something and it takes a few hours a week. When I met her -it said she had character and values.

Lots of my friends are too -one a plumber trains juvenile GAA players and is very active. So lots of people do things in a quiet way and dont moan or whinge about it be do it because we want too.

Another did huge internationally recognised work for tsunami victims in Srl Lanka which was voluntary and unpaid.

When I see Teachers whingeing about their volunteerism and how they should be applauded I ask are these modern values.

Now I dont see how being interested in your community and society and being involved should bring about special merit.

I get involved in helping students in a professional body I am a member of prepare projects etc and tutors give my name out. No money changes hands and I hardly would show up at institute meetings or want to go on the regional council-even when asked.

My mother was involved in Conragh na Gaelige not because she was a teacher but because she was an irish freak and even counts in irish.

So are they to be applauded?

What value do we put on selfless community work and the scout and are the teachers setting a bad example to our society and young people.

Wut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Woke up after a night out(In Coppers, where else??) with a girls number in my phone not having a clue who she was. Txt her off my housemates phone for the craic when i was still drunk in the morning. She was obviously as drunk as me the night before and didnt remember anything about meeting him or his name. Housemate proceeded to txt her for a few days and he started to fall for this girl. he ended up meeting her in same club the following weekend and ended up sleeping with her.
    After finding out everything about her from him i proceeded in txting her the day after and she was disappointed why i hadnt txt her until then. I ended up going for a meal and drinks with her the following week. Brought her back to my place a few times after but housemate had to go in hiding whenever she was around. He still threatens to tell her all the time if i ever do anything on him.
    I was just being a good friend in getting my mate his hole!!!!

Advertisement