Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi refuse to travel 3 miles.Guards refuse to help

Options
  • 23-12-2009 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

So after leaving the Club of my local town I preceed to head over to the nearest taxi base..when arrving they said they wojnt go towards my place((presumably cause of the weather,ice and such))so I call the other taxi crowed and they say they same.So her I am stuck docn town when my friend said try the guards...so I walk over and ask them is there anything I can do cause neither taxi base will bring me out and I cant getme out and they said "Sorry cant help you"

This a bit of a b***ks tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Many a winters night have I walked about 5 miles home due to the lack of taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Move to Dublin tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's 3 miles, will take you an hour maximum, walk it. Don't give them your money if they don't want it!

When the going out season is over they will feel the pinch again, fcuk them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Well at least you have your laptop with you. Maybe you could e-mail yourself home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

This is where house parties really come into their own :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Let us know when you get home safe or we'll be up worrying half the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Let us know when you get home safe or we'll be up worrying half the night.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Well at least you have your laptop with you. Maybe you could e-mail yourself home?

Welcome to the future, me_right_one!

davyjose wrote: »
    Welcome to the future, me_right_one!
    I dont like this future :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I dont like this future :(

You know, you're right. This one would be so much more beneficial to all (except taxi drivers ... and people who've watched "The Fly")

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Seloth wrote: »
    wojnt docn .

Well if you are speaking like your writing wouldnt fancy your chances:D Walk it 3miles ffs i often walked further looking for a party :rolleyes:

Car Mad wrote: »
    ffs i often walked further looking for a party :rolleyes:
    Tommy Tiernan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Tommy Tiernan?

Yes but i have put it to the test many a time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

This is where house parties really come into their own :rolleyes:

In the words of 5starpool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Luckily my friends mother was working so I got lift back :p.

And I coudlnt walk back frozen coutry roads...that are mostly hills!!..it would have takenn me over 3 hours with this time and weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Scream rape. You need to be hot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I pondered that if I broke a window they would have to take me heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Another taxi story. No doubtt here was more to it than the opp states. Taxis cannot refuse a fare under 30km I take it your going to complain to the regulator or are you going to just give out on the Internet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Another taxi story. No doubtt here was more to it than the opp states. Taxis cannot refuse a fare under 30km I take it your going to complain to the regulator or are you going to just give out on the Internet

I don't think an argument could be made that a Taxi Driver legally would have to drive somewhere if the road conditions were unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

mayordenis wrote: »
    I don't think an argument could be made that a Taxi Driver legally would have to drive somewhere if the road conditions were unsafe.

If it's that unsafe, he should be at home in bed tucked up with Mrs. Taximan and not sitting in a taxi rank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Neonjack wrote: »
    If it's that unsafe, he should be at home in bed tucked up with Mrs. Taximan and not sitting in a taxi rank.

Not really, some routes could potentially be fine while others more hazardous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

I pondered that if I broke a window they would have to take me heh.
    Yeah, they'd take you alright, but you wouldn't be going towards your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

blahblah06 wrote: »

Thats good to know. Does this apply apply to taxis that you might get at a rank or does it apply to hackneys also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Luckily my friends mother was working so I got lift back :p.

Your friends mother is a working girl!..

Excellent, let me guess - you bent her over and rode her home?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

So after leaving the Club of my local town I preceed to head over to the nearest taxi base..when arrving they said they wojnt go towards my place((presumably cause of the weather,ice and such))so I call the other taxi crowed and they say they same.So her I am stuck docn town when my friend said try the guards...so I walk over and ask them is there anything I can do cause neither taxi base will bring me out and I cant getme out and they said "Sorry cant help you"

This a bit of a b***ks tbh.

This is why I have no care for taxi's. If they said "Right sir there will be a min charge of 10 euro though i would have paid.(Even though this is wrong)

The only pce of advice I can give to folks is bring a heavy coat and a heavy jumper for over the christmas. If you score you will end up giving her the coat and you dont want to be walking home in a tee shirt....

On a plus side. 3 miles in the freezing cold with a lovely girl wrapped around you sounds like bliss to me.

If your on your own you can always wrap yourself around a strong curry. ;)

Tis the season of madness....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

was the disco worth it? WAS IT!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Christmas two years ago I couldn't get a taxi at 11 o'clock. Walked the seven miles home.

You could have looked for a B& B. It's something I thought of after walking home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

i thought that taxis cant refuse the fare if your actually in the car, they can if you just ring or ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

Why were people up at 4am replying to this? Should you all not have been in bed? If you are working at that hour why weren't you working instead of being on the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

6th wrote: »
    was the disco worth it? WAS IT!?

Night clubs all over the land are full of people participating in the drunken slurring of Fairytale of New York. Can it get any better?

Advertisement