Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller horse fair in Borris. WTF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Shock horror, travellers leave rubbish behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Ya big racist - don't you know they can do what ever the hell they like, like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

That is stupid...whoever organised it should be charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

As a distinct seperate race from the settled people of Ireland we have to respect their right to turn everywhere they go into a landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

One of the perks of being a protected species.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,085 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah, there is law and there is traveller law. They saw no law breaking!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That is stupid...whoever organised it should be charged

They were - €20!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Is there a similar type fair in Buttevant, Co Cork?

I remember driving through it there a few months ago.......I've never seen a place so bad after a day or two. The entire main street was under about 2-3 feet of rubbish. It made the place look like an even bigger hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Borris forum tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Out of interest, is it offensive to call them tinkers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

The real joke was the car parking charges this year of between 3 and 5 euro!! The Travellers get to park and dump for free :mad::mad: I live near Borris and its an absolute joke, had to take a 20 minute detour to get to and from work cos I wasnt allowed to drive up the street of Borris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

careful now......Down with this sort of thing.

Did they eat all the local swans aswell?

Out of interest, is it offensive to call them tinkers?
    Don't know, do they think a lot? Some are quite brainy after all, to be fair to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Biggins wrote: »
    Don't know, do they think a lot? Some are quite brainy after all, to be fair to them!

Dis tread is wort de tree pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tinkers refers to people who are good with making stuff out of and repairing tin no?

Quit horsing around.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

This fair has been going on for 400 years. The coucil cleaned everything up. The Gardai reported no public order incidents. The stall holders had to pay some cost towards the clean up.

Of all the elements of traveller culture I think a horse fair is probably the most harmless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

The real joke was the car parking charges this year of between 3 and 5 euro!! The Travellers get to park and dump for free :mad::mad: I live near Borris and its an absolute joke, had to take a 20 minute detour to get to and from work cos I wasnt allowed to drive up the street of Borris!

BUt its different for the tinkers.....nobody knows why but its just different ok. To not let them wreck every place they come across would be an infringement of their human rights and quite possibly some sort of discrimnation.

Stop discrimnating them.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Quit horsing around.:p

Nay! :D

Eee-ahaw Eee-ahaw
    Eee-ahaw to go and clean up the streets!

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    This fair has been going on for 400 years. The coucil cleaned everything up. The Gardai reported no public order incidents. The stall holders had to pay some cost towards the clean up.

Of all the elements of traveller culture I think a horse fair is probably the most harmless.

400 years! Maybe its time to call it quits then since its nothing but a nuisance to locals every time! Imagine how that 20k could be spent to improve the town and roads in Borris each year instead of cleaning up horse crap and scummy pis-stained clothes off the street! How much did the stall holders have to pay --€20 each! That wudnt even hire one skip!

Rubbish_I_381743t.jpg

• Advertisement

Nay! :D

Eee-ahaw Eee-ahaw
    Eee-ahaw to go and clean up the streets!

Those poor Borris folks get saddled with the cost of that.:(

less of the punny stuff, could be accused of whipping up hay-tred or trying to stirrup an argument.

Should have a gallop pole to find out about peoples true feelings towards travellers, the new generation isn't at all like the old crop hoof been known to be much more polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Had a similar event in Kenmare on the 15th (saturday) and it really drew the dregs of the Munster Genepool down there. I really do think that Kerry is now starting to get it bad also in terms of "knackerism". It is one solace I take living here that we are miles away from everything bad as I'm sure your average Mayo man thought until this week too.

Travellers are a scourge on Irish society and we need to control them, laws need to be changed and being PC is what is getting us into these hellholes of situations. Winston Churchill once said "When fascism rears its ugly head again it will be in the guise of anti fascism"

I am in favour of large remote prison camps and mandatory sterilisation as a way of dealing with Ireland's travellers and I make no apoligies for holding this view.

What is happening in Tralee as an example is nothing short of a siege on the normal non-traveller population.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/home-of-the-rose-is-now-plagued-with-thorns-1861401.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2009/0801/1224251832261.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sure dont that group of people pay enough VAT ,income tax,stamp duty inheritance tax,council rates etc to easily cover a clean up at one of those events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I remember this last year and it turned out that many of the locals were also contributing to the rubbish! They saw it as a chance to clear out the attic. "Arra sure what harm would a few extra black bags do". Let them suffer with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

20grand though? I'd clean it up for 10grand

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    I remember this last year and it turned out that many of the locals were also contributing to the rubbish! They saw it as a chance to clear out the attic. "Arra sure what harm would a few extra black bags do". Let them suffer with it.

Of course theres ars.eholes in every town but thats not the point, the locals do not cause the mess, its the dirty fcukin free loading bast.ards that can litter, park, trade, keep horses and take a sh1t on the street at their own free will and the Guards will even block off the town for them for a few days so they can dump in peace!!

Long Onion wrote: »
    less of the punny stuff, could be accused of whipping up hay-tred or trying to stirrup an argument.

Should have a gallop pole to find out about peoples true feelings towards travellers, the new generation isn't at all like the old crop hoof been known to be much more polite.

This is the last straw.
    netwhizkid wrote: »
    Had a similar event in Kenmare on the 15th (saturday) and it really drew the dregs of the Munster Genepool down there. I really do think that Kerry is now starting to get it bad also in terms of "knackerism". It is one solace I take living here that we are miles away from everything bad as I'm sure your average Mayo man thought until this week too.

Travellers are a scourge on Irish society and we need to control them, laws need to be changed and being PC is what is getting us into these hellholes of situations. Winston Churchill once said "When fascism rears its ugly head again it will be in the guise of anti fascism"

I am in favour of large remote prison camps and mandatory sterilisation as a way of dealing with Ireland's travellers and I make no apoligies for holding this view.

What is happening in Tralee as an example is nothing short of a siege on the normal non-traveller population.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/home-of-the-rose-is-now-plagued-with-thorns-1861401.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2009/0801/1224251832261.html

It seems to me that they're just left to their own devices and ignored by "law-enforcement", until trouble spills onto the streets. Anybody involved in that kind of violence should be locked up and the key thrown away.

I'm assuming that a large part of the Limerick problem is to do with the same "Ignore 'em" attitude and now it's gone way out of control.

In fairness, when the posts start on about mass genocide and people sh1tting on the street, it all begins to get a bit too "weekly sport" for my liking.

Conact pavee point, tell them that a surety of €20,000 will need to be lodged to cover damage/rubbish for next years fair. If it's lodged - no bothers.

If not, have the local authority erect bollards to stop stalls from being erected.

Stop the crap about shooting everyone, it belies your intelligence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

DonJose wrote: »
    Borris
    DonJose wrote: »
    picturesque village

Computer says no.

Advertisement