Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your games for the rest of the year?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

What games are you going to buy for the rest of the year... I know it's going to be an expensive one for me anyway.

Modern Warfare 2
    Fifa 10
    Uncharted 2
    DJ Hero

and if they're out:
    MAG
    Grand Turismo 5

What are you buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Batman Arkham Asylum's my next purchase.

Uncharted 2, probably Ratchet and Clank. Might hold off on Modern Warfare 2 for a while.

Huh, I thought there was a load of games I couldn't wait for this year, turns out it's just one or too. I think I just heard my wallet give a sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

COD:MW2.
    Uncharted
    Assasins Creed 2 could be good (assuming its not as repetitive as part 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hmm I have to finish Uncharted (finding it a chore).
    I just bought Oblivion GOTY and am looking forward to that.
    MGS/BF1943/COD4 online.

Not sure about PS3 purchases. Maybe COD5, maybe I wil try R&C, GTA4 and Batman looks excellent.

I will defo get Fallout 3' DLC at some point - prob via GOTY edition cos I reckon we are going to get fleeced online for it. I am also going to have to try Bioshock.

I will also get Fat Princess soon cos it looks ace.

On the PSP I have MGS: PO to finish, CC to finish, and Jeanne D'arc to start. I also want to get FF Tactics.

ON PS2:
    Have to finish Persona 4 as well.
    Start Rogue Galaxy.
    Start Odin Sphere (maybe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭gaz38979

Tekken 6 i think its released in late october & need for speed shift and dirt 2

Oh yeah forgot about Assassin's Creed 2, will prob pick that up, a few PSN games, and the Fallout DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

FIFA 10
    COD 6
    Uncharted 2....maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

most likely just fifa 10..maybe cod but got very bored of world at war

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Uncharted 2 is the only thing that I'm 100% getting. After that, possibly the Batman game depending on reviews, probably Modern Warfare 2.

Huh. I used to be a lot more into games.

Oh, Assassin's Creed 2, but the reviews will have to tell me that they fixed all the rubbish stuff.

wardides wrote: »
    most likely just fifa 10..maybe cod but got very bored of world at war

World at War wasn't done by the guys who made Modern Warfare. It's the difference between hacks working to a formula and artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kasm

Definites(Depending on Reviews):
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Borderlands
    IL2 Sturmovick - 'cos I love flight sims

Would like to get (but probably can't afford):

Red Dead Redemption
    COD:MW2
    Assassins Creed 2
    Uncharted 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

FIFA 10
    Modern Warfare 2
    Gran Turismo if it is released.

kasm wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption

Oh I didn't realise that was out this year, I'm very tempted by that, might just rent it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Definitely Uncharted 2
    Probably Modern Warfare 2
    Maybe Assassins Creed 2 or Ratchet and Clank:ACIT... depending on reviews.

I might get MAG if it comes out this year and I'll definitely get Gran Turismo 5 if it comes out this year.

These are everything i'm looking forward to:D

1.Assassins Creed 2
    2.Batman: Arkham Asylum
    3.Fifa 10
    4.Ghostbusters
    5.Prototype
    6.Uncharted 2
    7.The Saboteur << (Not sure when this is out but looks cool)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Definites:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Uncharted 2
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Dragon Age: Origins (prob on PC though)
    Fallout 3: GOTY
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Definately:

-Uncharted 2
    -Modern Warfare 2
    -Assasins's Creed 2

Should I come in to a small fortune:

-COD: WAW
    -Batman Arkham Asylum
    -Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Definites:
    Brutal Legend
    Uncharted 2

Will probably get:
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Modern Warfare 2

At some stage probably after christmas:
    Assassin's Creed 2
    The Saboteur

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Batman Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2..

I've enough games to keep me going til xmas.

Haven't even got into Prototype or Fallout 3 yet. Far Cry 2 either so that's enough til after xmas

Then probably get COD6 and Dirt2

Don't quite know why people base their purchases on reviews either.... the reviewer might not like the game but you might. Rent, then buy if you like...simples

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Modern Warfare 2
    Fifa 10
    Uncharted 2

That is exactly what I am planning this year although Uncharted 2 might get the chop depending on funds.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Don't quite know why people base their purchases on reviews either.... the reviewer might not like the game but you might. Rent, then buy if you like...simples

I assume like me they read more than one review. I read as many reviews as I can find. I usually go to metacritic, read the most positive, the most negative, and a few in between to get an idea of if I'll like the game or not. One reviewer might bring up something that annoys me in games, that another reviewer would ignore because they don't mind and all that. Generally gives me a good enough idea about whether or not I'll like a game. If I'm on the fence, then I may rent it. No point spending even €8 renting a game I'll more than likely hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

- Uncharted 2
    - Modern Warfare 2
    - GT5 (hopefully if it's released before christmas)

There the games i'm definitley going to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Since I just got a PS3 recently I have to flesh out the back catalogue but on the horizon:

-Batman: Arkham Asylum (fighting looks a bit repetitive and one-buttonish but rest of teh game looks ace)
    -Uncharted 2 (playing the first one now, funny but combat can be annoying)
    -Darksiders: Wrath of War (was a bit meh on this before but the more I watch the better it looks)
    -Assassins Creed 2 (I liked the first one so was a no-brainer for this one)
    -Borderlands (art style looks good, co-op focused games are always good, plus it has 87 bazillion guns)

aaronh007 wrote: »

Find a reviewer whose opinion you respect.

Its not like I am not guilty of it myself to some extent, but looking at this thread it is clear why some publishers don't take enough risks and we get inundated with sequels.

C'est La Vie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Bioshock 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Uncharted 2
    PES 10
    FIFA 10
    Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (depending on reviews)

noodler wrote: »
    Its not like I am not guilty of it myself to some extent, but looking at this thread it is clear why some publishers don't take enough risks and we get inundated with sequels.

C'est La Vie!

Yeah but you could argue that when you're trying to decide which games to buy this far in advance, you're going to gravitate towards franchises that you've already enjoyed in the past and are familiar with. I imagine I may pick up a new IP here and there, but it'll be more of a week before it comes out to few weeks after type decision. Like Dead Space was for me last year. Dead Space 2 on the other hand I already intend to buy whenever it comes out!

I guess thats true enough too. I mean I didn't know much bout Valkyria Chronicles before it was out.

noodler wrote: »
    I guess thats true enough too. I mean I didn't know much bout Valkyria Chronicles before it was out.

People (me included) will probably buy more sequels etc still though, sales figures will tell you that. I just don't think it's quite as overwhelming as this thread makes it look.

Part of the problem is that most games are sequels or part of a franchise because games are so expensive to make and they try to go for the same winning formula each time. So we don't have much of a choice really. Much like Hollywood.

So games companies are sitting there thinking "Wow, they sure do love sequels," and we're sitting here thinking "Wow, I really wish I could buy something besides a sequel!"

I thought of one original IP I'm almost certainly going to buy though, Brutal Legend.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    People (me included) will probably buy more sequels etc still though, sales figures will tell you that. I just don't think it's quite as overwhelming as this thread makes it look.

Part of the problem is that most games are sequels or part of a franchise because games are so expensive to make and they try to go for the same winning formula each time. So we don't have much of a choice really. Much like Hollywood.

So games companies are sitting there thinking "Wow, they sure do love sequels," and we're sitting here thinking "Wow, I really wish I could buy something besides a sequel!"

I thought of one original IP I'm almost certainly going to buy though, Brutal Legend.

Pretty much what I was saying alright...

I tought Fallout would be a smller IP and I intended to get that early on but then EG, among others, made it their GOTY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

One game til about this time next year... Scribblenauts!!!

Day one purchase... wonder if theres a midnight launch.?

Advertisement