Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos returns policy

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out here. about 4 weeks a go i purchased a new office chair from argos. when i got it home thought it was a bit cheap looking for the money i paid for it (€110) anyway 4 weeks on and the right arm rest has completely snapped. the arm rest is responsible for keep the back upright so as a result i cant sit back in the chair. my question is if i cannot find my receipt do i have a leg to stand on. i know they always tell you at the pick up desk to hold onto your receipt as its your guarantee but as luck would have it i cannot find it anywhere. will they just tell me the feck off if i bring the chair back?? anyone with similar experience please let me know how you got on. thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Theyre normally strict on the reciepts with returns policy - they dont have to refund you without proof of purchase legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

yea thats what i was thinking aswell i just wanted to get someones views on it first before i make a tit out of myslef standing in the middle of argos with a broken chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

djdunny wrote: »
    my question is if i cannot find my receipt do i have a leg to stand on?

At least you'll still have a half a chair to stand on.

Did you pay by credit card, that is usually as good as a receipt for proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Hi OP,

Which Argos store did you buy this chair from? I may be able to help you sort out you problem. :)

- Gary

hi gary, i purchased it in the childers road store in limerick. i have a statement showing that i paid 69.99 in argos on the 18th of may but my problem is i paid the balance of it with one4all vouchers. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 greendevil8

Are you in Dublin? , I might be able to help, whats the catalogue number of the chair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Theyre normally strict on the reciepts with returns policy - they dont have to refund you without proof of purchase legally.

Sorry to butt in

Got a blender in Argos in january this year, it stopped working last weekend, have Argos receipt, can I get a refund or replacement??

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in

Got a blender in Argos in january this year, it stopped working last weekend, have Argos receipt, can I get a refund or replacement??

Thanks

Repair
    Replace
    or
    Refund
    The decision is Argos not yours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Cabaal wrote: »
    Repair
    Replace
    or
    Refund
    The decision is Argos not yours :)

Oh theres 3 R's

Thanks V Much!

no im not dublin im in limerick. the catalogue number for the chair is 617/9289

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No harm in going back and chancing your arm even if you don't have the receipt, just don't expect to get very far. You never know you may be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Proof of purchase doesn't always mean having to have a receipt in legal terms, although it definitely helps avoid hassle. With a credit card statement, you have a record of the payment you made to them and they can trace it back. That you also used some vouchers has no bearing. Take the faulty chair back asap.
    I've never had any problem with Argos returns, although I always keep the receipts for handiness. Even when they're a bit more expensive for certain items, their generous returns policy make it my first choice for most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

djdunny wrote: »
    hi gary, i purchased it in the childers road store in limerick. i have a statement showing that i paid 69.99 in argos on the 18th of may but my problem is i paid the balance of it with one4all vouchers. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The statement is proof of purchase. They can search their records with the ref number on the statement. Paying with vouchers doesn't mater as someone has paid cash for them. But you won't all you money back, as they will refund the vouchers with vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

I was in this position before. Just buy another one. Wait a couple of days and bring back the old one using the receipt off the new one. Say you are not happy with the quality and they should refund the broken one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen people in the store getting refunds with just CC details before.
    wingnut wrote: »
    I was in this position before. Just buy another one. Wait a couple of days and bring back the old one using the receipt off the new one. Say you are not happy with the quality and they should refund the broken one.
    Since the old one is broken they might want to replace it though, but you do have an argument with the quality. Also might techincally be fraud but I personally would have no moral issue doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

they should refund it for you no problem

ipod.gif

Advertisement