Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin exam coughers and sneezers.

Options
  • 16-05-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Had a good exam today, went better than I thought it would. But during the whole exam some random character sitting near me would not shut the duck up coughing. Its insanity! It puts me off! I don't know what the person looks like but I hope I don't have to sit another exam with him/her/whoever!

My two cents of the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

He can't really help it. Like a cough is a cough, have you ever tried to hold it in? Not nice.

Now, snifflers.. that's a whole other story. BLOW YOUR NOSE ONCE AND GET IT OVER WITH!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's the farters that will put you off, esp if they near you.

Paaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrpppppp...!

**cue everyone nearby pulling their jumpers over their noses**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

He can't really help it. Like a cough is a cough, have you ever tried to hold it in? Not nice.

I suppose your right.
    Now, snifflers.. that's a whole other story. BLOW YOUR NOSE ONCE AND GET IT OVER WITH!

When i was in school there was one guy who would let out the biggest sneezes in class. In exams it was like a roar because it would echo through the hall. He's in Maynooth too. Short and round man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

As an invigilator I've never noticed anything but cleavage tbh. It's the one thing that keeps you going through the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Why does that not surprise me?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I got the fit of the giggles in an exam the other day. Was awake for a very long time beforehand.

Apologies to all affected by it. And to the invigilator I almost punched in the sack while yawning/stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

banquo wrote: »
    I got the fit of the giggles in an exam the other day. Was awake for a very long time beforehand.

Apologies to all affected by it. And to the invigilator I almost punched in the sack while yawning/stretching.
    The invigilators seem to come out of nowhere at times :eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

lol! I like it!

Seriously though I doubt the "cougher" could have helped the coughing!

cian1500ww wrote: »
    The invigilators seem to come out of nowhere at times :eek::p

The ones I had yesterday were walking up and down SUPER fast. Like, normally you just see them strolling through the aisles but these were storming around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

i dunno if it's lack of sleep or the emotional trauma I've just been through watching the series finale of Grey's Anatomy online but I am in stitches laughing at this thread. I thanked LeixlipRed and then read all the other replies and I would thank you all but I don't wanna be too easy with the thanks. ;)

+1 on annoying exam people. I could rant about them nearly as much as the library. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ha, I had to laugh at the Jan exams. Exam had just finished, and if mature students weren't annoying at the worst of times, this female stood up, went to put on her jumper......

"SIT DOWN!!!!!!"

She went down so fast....gotta love those mature students, thinking they'll get away with putting on jumpers before the exams have even been collected.

(Of course I know she just forgot at the time to stay seated, but I just find it funny)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    gotta love those mature students, thinking they'll get away with putting on jumpers before the exams have even been collected.

In the words of the internet, ''lol''.

I can imagine some of the Nazi-ish invigilatiors being like ''Dissident in sector four! Go!

In the words of the internet, ''lol''.

I can imagine some of the Nazi-ish invigilatiors being like ''Dissident in sector four! Go!

I know loads of the invigilators are sound and have a job to do etc but I got one in January who was a bit of a power trip. The exam was over and everyone was still sitting down quietly etc and she goes on the mic 'all exam scripts have been collected' so everyone gets up to leave and she shouts in to the mic 'who gave you permission to leave?!' and everyone sits back down and then she goes 'now you can leave'. Mad she was.

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Ha, I had to laugh at the Jan exams. Exam had just finished, and if mature students weren't annoying at the worst of times, this female stood up, went to put on her jumper......

"SIT DOWN!!!!!!"

She went down so fast....gotta love those mature students, thinking they'll get away with putting on jumpers before the exams have even been collected.

(Of course I know she just forgot at the time to stay seated, but I just find it funny)

Thats alzheimers for ya. Senile bitches

I know loads of the invigilators are sound and have a job to do etc but I got one in January who was a bit of a power trip. The exam was over and everyone was still sitting down quietly etc and she goes on the mic 'all exam scripts have been collected' so everyone gets up to leave and she shouts in to the mic 'who gave you permission to leave?!' and everyone sits back down and then she goes 'now you can leave'. Mad she was.

Was she a bit large? Black hair?

I had one of those power trip inviligators yesterday. Everyone was outside waiting for them to let us in and he came out and started shouting like a mad man. The last thing anyone wants going into an exam is some wan*er on a power trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The head invigilator I had for the last 3 sets of exams is all powerful and shouty.....it's kinda hot.

No sign of him yesterday though :(

People had to be moved in my exam yesterday due to the ceiling leaking on their desks. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Rozabeez wrote: »

People had to be moved in my exam yesterday due to the ceiling leaking on their desks. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    I can't believe they haven't got that fixed since January, its a pure joke. They'll spend money on surveys for car parks but they won't fix a leaking roof :eek:

The way it's run in Maynooth may seem a little over the top. But, when you go to a place like DCU where it's total anarchy (i.e. bags in the hall, students chatting before exam,etc,) you realise how lucky you are. It's all intended to minimise disruption and distraction. Saying that, there are plenty of power trippers. Me, I'm just there for the boobs

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

I hope all the girls start wearing polo necks! :D

• Advertisement

Was she a bit large? Black hair?

Nope, complete opposite.

So small with white hair? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I can't believe they haven't got that fixed since January, its a pure joke. They'll spend money on surveys for car parks but they won't fix a leaking roof :eek:

where is this leaking roof???

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    So small with white hair? :p

Precisely.:pac:

Precisely.:pac:

And it only took ya a week :p

petals wrote: »
    where is this leaking roof???
    Small sports hall afaik. Wasn't leaking when I did an exam there on Tuesday.

Small sports hall afaik. Wasn't leaking when I did an exam there on Tuesday.

Roof in the sports centre has leaked for years. They cut coners when buliding it.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    And it only took ya a week :p

4 days 7 hours and 31 minutes ACTUALLY. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Ah jaysus, now i'll be really self-conscious about my boobage when i'm in exams...

• Advertisement

Acacia wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, now i'll be really self-conscious about my boobage when i'm in exams...

Jeez, don't be. Cause if you are all the male invigilators will quit. The whole system will crash :(

Advertisement