Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare System

Options
  • 15-04-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Ok, im just back from signing on and being told to come back in again in 4 weeks which is the norn BUT and in no way am i racist or have anything against foreigners but the 2 lads infront of me where Eastern European and to my disgust they where both told they wont have to sign on again until SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!! Its from the Swords office and the reason they gave was because too many people where signing on.......Genuinely if i was an eastern european living here and was told that id be rubbing my hands and saying to myself that ill be going home for a few months during the summer and the money will be going into my bank account either way....Its no wonder the country is in sh!te these days!!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The money will not be going into any bank account.
    You (and the Eastern Europeans) will have to collect it at your local post office and will also have to bring valid ID with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Judomad wrote: »
    Ok, im just back from signing on and being told to come back in again in 4 weeks which is the norn BUT and in no way am i racist or have anything against foreigners but the 2 lads infront of me where Eastern European and to my disgust they where both told they wont have to sign on again until SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!! Its from the Swords office and the reason they gave was because too many people where signing on!

So what has the fact they're eastern European got to do with anything, if the reason is that theres too many signing on....?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Terry wrote: »
    You (and the Eastern Europeans) will have to collect it at your local post office and will also have to bring valid ID with you.

I've always had to collect it at the post office so its a relief that from what your saying everybody has to do this, i remember reading here before that it was going into peoples bank a/c, its good to hear because its only fair that they have to show up every week like everybody else, just thought it was a bit weird that theyd to sign on next in September rather than every 4 weeks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Nodin wrote: »
    So what has the fact they're eastern European got to do with anything, if the reason is that theres too many signing on....?

It's because they don't have any souls. So they get an extra allowance which goes straight into their offshore account

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tago Mago wrote: »
    It's because they don't have any souls. So they get an extra allowance which goes straight into their offshore account
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ok, im just back from signing on and being told to come back in again in 4 weeks which is the norn BUT and in no way am i racist or have anything against foreigners but the 2 lads infront of me where Eastern European and to my disgust they where both told they wont have to sign on again until SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!! Its from the Swords office and the reason they gave was because too many people where signing on.......Genuinely if i was an eastern european living here and was told that id be rubbing my hands and saying to myself that ill be going home for a few months during the summer and the money will be going into my bank account either way....Its no wonder the country is in sh!te these days!!!!!!!

They won't have to sign on again until September because you will probably have a job by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've always had to collect it at the post office so its a relief that from what your saying everybody has to do this, i remember reading here before that it was going into peoples bank a/c, its good to hear because its only fair that they have to show up every week like everybody else, just thought it was a bit weird that theyd to sign on next in September rather than every 4 weeks..
    The bank account thing was changed last year.
    They brought in the ID thing last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The bank account thing was changed last year.
    They brought in the ID thing last week.

Those on the dole before the change to the bank account thing still get paid into a bank account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP How do you know one or both of the men were not Irish?
    How close were you standing to the hatch to eavesdrop on the officer's conversation with both customers?

Did you hear the officer say that they will not have to sign on again for a few months because there are too many people signing-on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Have they braught in the rule of id must be present when collecting ?
    i was sighing on yesterday and i swear there was 200 people at least cue's out the door ... i don't have to sign on till july early august its a bit of a piss take, there's to many loop hole's...

for instance they sent me a letter to remind me to sign on, on the 13th of April which is a public bank holiday....

I also have found if you act stupid you can sign on at reception meaning you don't have to wait in a 30 minute cue....

Eastern Europeans have payed tax's like us all their entitled to the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

no way am i racist or have anything against foreigners but

Don't you just love the way people say this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I knew an Irish lad who was doing something similar, signing on and then f***ing off to europe for a month or so, wasnt doing it everytime he signed on but it was on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Tago Mago wrote: »

Isn't every bank account in Ireland....offshore ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Sigh. Another thread were everybody bends over backwards to show how un-racist they are. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sigh. Another thread were everybody bends over backwards to show how un-racist they are. :rolleyes:

Sigh. Another thread where someone wanders in and trys to be edgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Sigh. Another thread where someone wanders in and trys to be edgy.

Do you mean to say that what I said is incorrect? Because it isnt. It annoys me that people in here feel the need to show that they dont have any racist beliefs; in my opinion you'd have to bend over backwards not to notice that alot of the generalisations made of other races by people are almost always based on substance eg. very few black people working on building sites and very often working as taxi drivers or claiming benefits, chinese people over here more often then not tending to be students and so on. Of course there are exceptions but I'm talking about generalities that we all notice every day.

snubbleste wrote: »
    OP How do you know one or both of the men were not Irish?
    How close were you standing to the hatch to eavesdrop on the officer's conversation with both customers?

Did you hear the officer say that they will not have to sign on again for a few months because there are too many people signing-on?

It was pissing raining and the Swords office is a little portacabin so yeah i was close enough along with everyone else who was close enough to stand inside haha, but yes i did hear the lady saying they wont have to sign on again till september and i could also hear the 2 men speak when are where confirming they werent mistaken the fact the dont have to sign on until September..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Why are posts that start with......"I'm not racist but" always followed with reactionary nonsense?

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Why are posts that start with......"I'm not racist but" always followed with reactionary nonsense?

And can i note that yes i said im not a racist of any kind but.....and didnt go on to later make any racist comments so cop the f*ck on lads....i was simply stating that if these people had the money going into bank accounts they could go home for a few months if they wanted...nothing racist..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

on.......Genuinely if i was an eastern european living here and was told that id be rubbing my hands and saying to myself that ill be going home for a few months during the summer and the money will be going into my bank account either way....Its no wonder the country is in sh!te these days!!!!!!!

That what was happening and thats why they stopped paying the benefits into peoples bank accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder where Brian Cowen will be signing on........................

That what was happening and thats why they stopped paying the benefits into peoples bank accounts.

Again only for new applicants after the rules were changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Do you mean to say that what I said is incorrect? Because it isnt. It annoys me that people in here feel the need to show that they dont have any racist beliefs; in my opinion you'd have to bend over backwards not to notice that alot of the generalisations made of other races by people are almost always based on substance eg. very few black people working on building sites and very often working as taxi drivers or claiming benefits, chinese people over here more often then not tending to be students and so on. Of course there are exceptions but I'm talking about generalities that we all notice every day.

I'd suggest you get a dictionary and learn what the word racist means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

swingking wrote: »
    Don't you just love the way people say this :rolleyes:

No, I hate it that in this country we have to qualify any statement re. foreign nationals by posting/saying this disclaimer before the four horsemen of the liberal brigade come storming through.

The OP is a personal friend of mine, he's an absolutel stand up guy. Train's and is friends with many, many foreign nationals & has represented our country abroad through his Judo and MMA with distinction.

What I read in his post is the fustration of a young man without a job, or the prospect of finding one and the indignity of signing on the dole.

And can i note that yes i said im not a racist of any kind but.....and didnt go on to later make any racist comments so cop the f*ck on lads....i was simply stating that if these people had the money going into bank accounts they could go home for a few months if they wanted...nothing racist..

I wasn't accusing you of being racist. In your op you claimed to be disgusted because the two lads could now feck of home for few months and then claim thats exactly what you would do in their situation. Bit of a mixed message.

I wasn't accusing you of being racist. In your op you claimed to be disgusted because the two lads could now feck of home for few months and then claim thats exactly what you would do in their situation. Bit of a mixed message.

I don't get that. They are seemingly being afforded an opportunity the OP isn't and would like. Why wouldn't he be peeved?

I am disgusted they are given the opportunity from the system, I dont care if they do it, its not me who suffers, its the country and things like this is why the country is in such a sh!tty state. I dont get why people in here feel the need to make smart comments when all im doing is stating a big flaw in the system....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I dont get why people in here feel the need to make smart comments when all im doing is stating a big flaw in the system....

Because Gary, when you post anything which can be read as even the slightest bit negative about minorities in this country you give the 'higher than thou' brigade a platform to try beat us into submission with they're liberal bullsh*t agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If we had a sticky thread entitled "I'm absolutely, completely and utterly non-racist - but", any comments can be thrown in there without anyone being accused of being an absolute, complete and utter racist.

Just a thought..............................................

• Advertisement

I am disgusted they are given the opportunity from the system, I dont care if they do it, its not me who suffers, its the country and things like this is why the country is in such a sh!tty state. I dont get why people in here feel the need to make smart comments when all im doing is stating a big flaw in the system....

Where you or they making new claims today?

Advertisement