Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taken?

Options
  • 25-01-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

so I was in galway for the weekend and was out in a night club as you do, boppen away. Left my bag at the edge of the dancefloor, where i could see it and when i went to get it, it was gone. couldnt find it anywhere, asked in the cloakroom, the bar, the bouncers..nowhere to be found. It had my passprt, purse, phone, bank cards...all the essentials really! thankfully some good citizen handed it into supermax, they must have found it or taken it by mistake. Got it back the next day anyways. Nothing was taken, all was there. I was one lucky girl!!! thank god there's still good people in the world!

so im just wondering have u ever got anything taken or stolen and...was it worth alot?? did u ever get it back?? or have u ever been like that good galway citizen and found sumones bag, money etc and handed it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Someone took my virginity once - never got it back :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Found wallets, bags and mobile phones. Handed them into the Gardi station.
    Karma and all that... Pass it forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I lost my wallet back in the days of £'s and had £20 in it. Somebody found it and bought a can in the nightclub for £2.50 and put the change back in and handed it in.

Mad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

so I was in galway for the weekend

There's your first mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

eevyhayes wrote: »
    Left my bag at the edge of the dancefloor, where i could see it

Good tactic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We're all wonderfully honest people in Galway.:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Had my wallet stolen out of my bag in town one day, didn't even notice til I got a phone call from Pearse St garda station to say someone handed in a wallet.

It had my bank cards, credit cards etc etc in it, thankfully no cash.

Turns out whoever took it threw it in a bin, and when the bin guy was emptying it, he saw my wallet and handed it in to the guards. What a hero.

All my cards were still in it except my starbucks card with 20 euro on it, I really hope it was the bin guy that got that and not the scummer who took my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

If you could see it, how did you lose it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    There's your first mistake

Well some people just aren't lucky enough to live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

some good citizen handed it into supermax
    The citizen strikes again. :eek:

Maybe he is real:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You left it in a club and it was handed into a fastfood joint? Or am i reading that wrong there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

couple of weeks ago i found my ATM and VISA cards sitting on the windowsill at the front of my house. Must have dropped out of my wallet as i was getting out of my car, lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Lost a few jackets, always got them back, thanks to the bouncers.

dsmythy wrote: »
    You left it in a club and it was handed into a fastfood joint? Or am i reading that wrong there?

Pffff...everybody knows that Supermacs on Eyre square is the best club in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

OP, have you learned to not let your valuables just lying around where anyone can get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    couple of weeks ago i found my ATM and VISA cards sitting on the windowsill at the front of my house. Must have dropped out of my wallet as i was getting out of my car, lucky!

Very active cards you have there.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

so I was in galway for the weekend and was out in a night club as you do, boppen away. Left my bag at the edge of the dancefloor, where i could see it and when i went to get it, it was gone. couldnt find it anywhere, asked in the cloakroom, the bar, the bouncers..nowhere to be found. It had my passprt, purse, phone, bank cards...all the essentials really! thankfully some good citizen handed it into supermax, they must have found it or taken it by mistake. Got it back the next day anyways. Nothing was taken, all was there. I was one lucky girl!!! thank god there's still good people in the world!

so im just wondering have u ever got anything taken or stolen and...was it worth alot?? did u ever get it back?? or have u ever been like that good galway citizen and found sumones bag, money etc and handed it in?

So you left your handbag on the dancefloor, firstly what the hell did you expect? Secondly, you recovered your bag from supermacs? I guess supermacs is not in the nightclub, right? Am I missing something here?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Am I missing something here?

Better check supermacs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

So you left your handbag on the dancefloor, firstly what the hell did you expect? Secondly, you recovered your bag from supermacs? I guess supermacs is not in the nightclub, right? Am I missing something here?

Maybe the Supermacs staff were out-sourcing for fresh meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pffff...everybody knows that Supermacs on Eyre square is the best club in Galway.

Presumably Supermacs and the club are near side by side because if the last place i saw something was on the edge of the dancefloor in some club and it went missing, the last place i would look for it is in Supermacs.

EDIT: Xavier said it before me. (the swine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Biggins wrote: »
    Maybe the Supermacs staff were out-sourcing for fresh meat!

Or "special" sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

As good as a movie said quote is from was, I don't see how it fits in with this thread at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

that movie is cheesier than a cheese factory... "I love you daddy!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ClioV6 wrote: »

Eh...? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

DCC160 wrote: »
    Someone took my virginity once - never got it back :mad:

Really? I got mine back from snyper.

Snyper is a magician. He did this spell and he made his trousers bigger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Getting difficult to get ringside seats nowdays though,:D

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Snyper is a magician. He did this spell and he made his trousers bigger!!

That bastard stole that from me! I should sew him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Best fight club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

That bastard stole that from me! I should sew him.
    Thread carefully , he swears you gave it away.

Advertisement