Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good luck Quackles

Options
  • 16-01-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Quackles is currently being induced (due in hosp 8am on the 16th) so fingers crossed she has an easy time and her and her bundle of joy are introduced safely and swiftly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ahh, Please god it will be quick and smooth!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hope it all goes well for her!! :D Looking forward to coming on to see what she had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Oh man, I hope she has an easy time... hey, wait a minute, not this easy!!

Nothing stirring today, methinks this baby is waiting for its due date!

Had another sweep a while back.. doctor would prefer I not have the baby in the night time because of the diabetes, so she's administering more gel tomorrow morning at 6 and then reviewing me at 11, with the hope of breaking my waters.

She said I should have baby by 3pm tomorrow. But you never know, might go on my own anyway.

The feet are walked off me now! I have a path worn into the halls :) Brought the laptop and mobile modem with me, so I'll let you ladies know how I get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Hang on a minute.. what are you doing here quackles?:D

Good luck tomorrow. Easy squeezy baby vibes being sent your way right now... :P

littlebug wrote: »
    Hang on a minute.. what are you doing here quackles?:D

Good luck tomorrow. Easy squeezy baby vibes being sent your way right now... :P

You can't call it a real boards addiction til you've posted from the maternity ward ;) Although from the labour ward would be even better!

Indeed, may it be a six pounder who comes out when I sneeze :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

See if you can post in between contractions :D Now that would be legendary!
    hope you sleep well tonight and have that sneeze tommorrow.

Grawns wrote: »
    See if you can post in between contractions :D Now that would be legendary!
    hope you sleep well tonight and have that sneeze tommorrow.

I love a challenge ;)

Jesus... and I thought I was addicted to boards...

Not all of us can be lucky with the 6lb'ers though Quackles, only a select few ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

haahaa this thread is funny :D

Best of luck with the sneeze Quackles :D

No sneeze today :( I'm officially losing my mind!! I just want go home! I'm having painless contractions every 5-6 minutes, I'm trying to convince myself they're getting stronger, but it's probaby wishful thinking. It's probably a good thing, too, I'm too tired to have a baby tonight. Watch this space - I might have a baby in time for my 30th birthday. In February. Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself, I think I've earned that right :)

• Advertisement

Aaah Quackles, :( thinking of you. Must be frustrating not being able to rest properly. Chin up pet, it can't be long now.

ps. You are officially posting from hosp in between contractions. You are a LEGEND :)

Hang in there Quackles . I predict your baby will be born at 9.15am 7.15am tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Now theres dedication to the boards :D

Good luck quackles!

littlebug wrote: »
    Hang in there Quackles . I predict your baby will be born at 9.15am 7.15am tomorrow:D

Don't give up the day job :)

And Grawns, I don't think it counts if the stupid contraction stop in the middle of the night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Quakles good luck! Hope you're pushing right now! Shall we all do the breathing together? ;)

Quackles wrote: »
    Don't give up the day job :)

Sure didn't I say tomorrow:p Eh.. good luck tomorrow Quackles:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

omg you're still here :eek:

Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait....good luck xxx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Any news on Quackles is she still hanging on.God love her this is the worst bit waiting ur nearly finished but babs is refusing to budge.Hope its over soon for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

God, I hope she's had some movement, she's probably exhausted.

Well there was to be no posting between those contractions! Going from 3 to fully dialated in 2 hours sounds great, but is not easy at all!

Anyway, it's a boychild! Euan Thomas was born at 6.41 yesterday evening, he's 8lb 6oz of pure gorgeousness! Looks just like his big brother, except with blonde hair!

• Advertisement

OMG, Congratulations Quackles!! Love the name!! Looking forward to seeing a picture of the little one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well there was to be no posting between those contractions! Going from 3 to fully dialated in 2 hours sounds great, but is not easy at all!

Anyway, it's a boychild! Euan Thomas was born at 6.41 yesterday evening, he's 8lb 6oz of pure gorgeousness! Looks just like his big brother, except with blonde hair!

Congrats Quackles.. Am delighted it is all over for you... Cant wait to see him..

Welcome to the sleepless nights club!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Woohoo, Congrats Quackles, Great to hear you and himself are well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Ah congrats bete your:D glad its all over,love the name post some pics soon.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Well done Quackles!!Love the name too! Will you get home soon? I'll be going to Sligo and I hope I can get out very soon after birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

OMG :D Tha't great. Hope you are both recovering well. Well done. Great names too.

Congrats Quackles:) lovely name.

Thanks ladies :)
    Mrs.T wrote: »
    Well done Quackles!!Love the name too! Will you get home soon? I'll be going to Sligo and I hope I can get out very soon after birth.

They would have allowed me to go home today, but suggested I stay on another night to get the hang of breastfeeding, which I did, as I'm not very confident at it and I need all the help I can get!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Congrats Quackles! Worth the wait isint it.

Catch your sleep when you can you're going to need it !

Advertisement