Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never LOLled

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:06pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't think I've ever LOLled, even sarcastically. It seems like the stupidest thing one could type. And yet, there they are, those L and O keys, waiting for me to do the old middle-finger line-dance with a pinkie tango dip and join the swollen ranks of the LOLing. I just need the right occasion. Can anyone make me LOL?

I think I ROFLed once, in the late nineties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

I don't think I've ever LOLled, even sarcastically. It seems like the stupidest thing one could type. And yet, there they are, those L and O keys, waiting for me to do the old middle-finger line-dance with a pinkie tango dip and join the swollen ranks of the LOLing. I just need the right occasion. Can anyone make me LOL?

I think I ROFLed once, in the late nineties.
    me hasnt LOLled either hee hee:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I don't get the point of that stuff, I'm not an old man so that can't be the reason but I have never found a reason to use LOL speak, I don't even use text language when texting. Does that make me weird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

it lets you say things that wud sound stupid or fagoty if you didnt put it in. and its not as gay as sayin "haha" in a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I used to Lol but the people started using it in text speak and now I just ROFLOL or ROFLMAO cause I'm class

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

GDM wrote: »
    I don't get the point of that stuff, I'm not an old man so that can't be the reason but I have never found a reason to use LOL speak, I don't even use text language when texting. Does that make me weird?

Think I loled once. I am 24 and don't use text language when texting my mam is 64 got her phone two years ago and uses text speak, though my texts usual go on for 3 or more texts when I send them, bcuz i dnt shrten tem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I use perfect grammer in text including apostrophes and the likes. I always felt that gr8 and wen instead of great and when was just a lazy or retarded way of texting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

turf wrote: »
    it lets you say things that wud sound stupid or fagoty if you didnt put it in. and its not as gay as sayin "haha" in a text.

That annoys me so much got one I got today 'ur so stopid haha':mad:

I use perfect grammer in text including apostrophes and the likes. I always felt that gr8 and wen instead of great and when was just a lazy or retarded way of texting.

more a way to stay under 160 characters when texts got 13c per part.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

I giggled like a girl for days after reading this, its still my favourite ever Boards.ie thread.

My Morning Terminator Shower Routine by Magick. :D

wow

i just lol'd uncontrolably at work and now i cant stop titherring

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

While I think people should be expressive, I do see the need for txt speak.

lol is quite handy, because writing haha feels silly, and writing out full sentences such as "Your last statement made me laugh" can seem sarcastic.

I use abbreviations and other tricks in texts to save time and, more importantly, money. Because you get charged by a fixed-length block it makes alot of sense to pack in as much as you can. Just make sure it is easily decipherable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

No it makes you incredibly original as far as I'm concerned. I hate the rofl's and the LOL's. I did LOL once, I felt rather dirty after it though so never used it again. I am slightly older woming in 30's but cannot get used to the LOL'ing and the rofl'ing or the "R U ok" ing stuff. First time my friend LOL'd me I thought she was giving me "lots of love" when in fact she was pissing herself laughing at me, at me not with me...so no don't worry I get ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It doesn't make you weird. It just means you're not a completely annoying fúcktard.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I type lol in a "here have some of these kudos, son" kind of way, I very rarely laugh at anything written on the internet. It's weird because often I think to myself "that's pretty funny" but with a completely straight face.

I dunno... but the people who say "you owe me a coffeeless keyboard because I just SPURTED coffee on my keyboard after reading your UTTERLY BOWEL-BUSTINGLY funny post! I wouldn't mind it too much but the amount of hacks who say that crap is annoying.

And then there's the other one:
    witty/mildly amusing comment.
    OMFG the whole office is staring at me like I'm crazy after I BURST into laughter reading that!

Give me a simple lol any day over that bull****.

EDIT: Cue the jackass quoting my post and saying it made them spew coffee all over the keyboard. I kill you.

Terry wrote: »
    It doesn't make you weird. It just means you're not a completely annoying fúcktard.

a moderator calling people who use "lol" in messages a "fúcktard"?

since you also quoted me in that message above, are you refering to me as a "fúcktard"? cause i use "lol" in messages and tried to back it up with a valid point? which an other poster also made.

whats the language filter for if the moderators on here not only break it, but insult other users while doing so? id get banned for saying that in some forums on boards.. set an example, ur post count doesnt make you legit enough to have moderator status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

a moderator calling people who use "lol" in messages a "fúcktard"?

since you also quoted me in that message above, are you refering to me as a "fúcktard"? cause i use "lol" in messages and tried to back it up with a valid point? which an other poster also made.

whats the language filter for if the moderators on here not only break it, but insult other users while doing so? id get banned for saying that in some forums on boards.. set an example, ur post count doesnt make you legit enough to have moderator status.
    i tink u shud be mod....

LOL

Beau x1 wrote: »
    i tink u shud be mod....

LOL

na i'd powertrip like the rest of them.. i much rather sitting back and being a bítch. lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

can we have a txtspk thread lol??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lol kinda sounds like the noise wimminz make with a mouth full of cock.

Lol kinda sounds like the noise wimminz make with a mouth full of cock.

phenitically?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

lol is the single greatest thing... eh.. ever.

only fucking fucktards think otherwise, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Class

Maybe we should take the OP there to break his lol cherry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Damn, that was pretty sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

I've only LOL'd a few times which makes typing it wrong and wh-ish. /: I can't make you LOL sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I agree. I never LOL either. I did at the begining, when I was about 12 but I soon saw the futility of it. The worst is people writing things like

"I LOL'd"

Em, :confused: You "laugh out loud'd?"

Don't treat acronyms as though they were words, the laws of language do not apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Neesa wrote: »
    I agree. I never LOL either. I did at the begining, when I was about 12 but I soon saw the futility of it. The worst is people writing things like

"I LOL'd"

Em, :confused: You "laugh out loud'd?"

Don't treat acronyms as though they were words, the laws of language do not apply!
    also.. you didn't "ROFL'd" you R'dOFLing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

If you wrote gramr in a text message nobody would know that you think grammar is spelt grammer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I don't either..... But i do love a good LOL

Advertisement