Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teh feminisation of man!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Dragan wrote: »
    Your on dodgy ground the second you start caring to be honest.

I say do what you want, it's when you start worrying about what people think that your manliness should be questioned.

Real men carry on regardless.
    Ok it was a tongue in cheek question designed to get people chattering and to stimulate debate. Don't be so serious, I don't think anybody here cares about anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dudess wrote: »
    Dragan, do you... ahem... tick my boxes? :o

Possibly. I occassionally use something for my skin as it gets pretty dry, often to the point of cracking and bleeding so that is best avoided.

Other than that, shower gel, shampoo and deoderant.

I'm one of the lucky ones in that i appear to be getting better looking as i get older so Time holds no fear for me. :)

I would never have believed i would be happy about that during my ugly teenage years though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Swooooooooon... :pac:

Swooooooooon... :pac:

LoL, i wouldn't , i'm still about 10 years from approaching good looking.

*sits and waits*

I honestly just don't understand a guy who would use fake tan or anything like that. And the worst thing is that it becomes more and more popular. You can see the guys in the pubs who spend the longest length of time in front of the mirror.

You look good or you don't. It's about that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dragan wrote: »

You look good or you don't. It's about that simple.

That's true. Why put yourself through a whole regime of bull**** in order to look slightly better at best. You're either good looking or you're not so why bother with all that crap. Even with girls, they seem to think getting dolled up makes them almost a completely different person. Say they get their hair done they'll probably feel way better about themselves but men (that I know) don't really notice much of a difference.

Put it this way, I've never known a guy to suddenly like a girl that they didn't like already because she went into a tanning booth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Shower gell.
    Shampoo.
    Hair wax.
    Deoderent.
    Aftershave.
    ehhhhhhh, one too many there straight off.
    Shower gell and shampoo are the same.

That's true. Why put yourself through a whole regime of bull**** in order to look slightly better at best. You're either good looking or you're not so why bother with all that crap. Even with girls, they seem to think getting dolled up makes them almost a completely different person. Say they get their hair done they'll probably feel way better about themselves but men (that I know) don't really notice much of a difference.

Put it this way, I've never known a guy to suddenly like a girl that they didn't like already because she went into a tanning booth.

The majority of "physical appearance" issues that people can be traced back to lifestyle, diet and excercise.

People wake up on Monday morning and pile on the routine trying to claim back some degree of a decent look. They never look back at the previous weekend of no sleep, too much booze/drugs, no exercise and skipped/poor quality meals.

If you want to look good try:
    1) Moving more, take up a sport.
    2) Eat better foods, get your fruit and veg in.
    3) Drink lots of water.
    4) Essential oils for healthy skin, hair and nails.

End.

Cheap and easy and you look good, not "good".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Exactly. That's the truth right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CheapStuff

Yeah genetics plays no part at all, gets sleep ur hook nose, cross eyes and hunch back will be gone in months.
    Put on some cream to keep yourself looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

connundrum wrote: »
    On Saturday night I engaged in the following acts:

1. I queued to go to the toilet. Wtf?? Since when do men queue?? I really can't remember the last time I stood in line, making small talk whilst bursting for a leak!

2. I had a cocktail. A mojito, and it was lovely. Then I had a beer, so I feel that one cancelled the other out.

3. I danced my pants off. Not like a stripper, but more like a man on a mission to create as much sweat in as little time as possible. Whilst dancing, we got another group of lads involved and had a grand aul time - till one of their girlfriends stepped in, called her bo a gay and dragged him away :(

Listening to the radio this morning, they were banging on about how men are forced into being more feminine. I didn't think so until I remembered the above, and then wondered what my aul lad would make of it all.

'That wouldn't have happened in my day' he'd probably say. And it probably wouldn't have. But is it a good thing? Have we progressed or are our manly habits falling to the wayside?

Perhaps in future you'll have the sense to avoid those BGRH outings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Dont you hate when you go out and there's some guy wearing the same shirt as you? It really gets my thong in a twist.

CheapStuff wrote: »
    Yeah genetics plays no part at all, gets sleep ur hook nose, cross eyes and hunch back will be gone in months.
    Cream won't do anything either for any disagreeable genetic traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

girls are trying their best to become lads and fellas are becoming more girly by the day, in 50 years we will have a complete reversal of the sexes the way its going :p

And fake tan and creams etc will help these how?

"Cosmetics" are so called for a reason, offering a disguise or a alternative to a purely cosmetic problem.

When did i say that living a healthier lifestyle would improve crossed eyes or a hump?

I would suggest offerin some degree of relevancy in your arguments.

sarcasm bypass obviously.

'The majority of "physical appearance" issues that people can be traced back to lifestyle, diet and excercise.

People wake up on Monday morning and pile on the routine trying to claim back some degree of a decent look. They never look back at the previous weekend of no sleep, too much booze/drugs, no exercise and skipped/poor quality meals.'

I pointed out that no amount of sleep will fix genetic defects. Relevant indeed.

Neither will it help pontificating arrogant personality disorders.

I pointed out that no amount of sleep will fix genetic defects. Relevant indeed.

Given the fact that the thread is about cosmetics for me, has crossed over into cosmetics for wimmins and no one mentioned "genetic defects" until you showed you will understand my surprise as i why an unrelated subject was surfacing.

Do i need to preface all my posts with details about what i am not talking about now? I would have thought it was pretty clear my post was made on the subject of the thread, not "genetic defects".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My boyfriend doesn't care enough to be girly, thank god. Likewise he doesn't like it if I do butch things like swear or use vulgar language and that's grand by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I really don't like any form of girlyness in a man. Moisturiser is fine as dry, flaky skin is never nice for anyone, but other than that, manly men ftw. I don't mean neanderthals or anything, but a guy who doesn't compromise his masculinity while at the same time not acting the macho wanker and being secure enough to not get bothered/embarrassed by e.g. gay guys... that's hawt! Clint Eastwood ticks those boxes (in fact he "ticked" a LOT of boxes in his time, the durty dawg!) and he was just so sexy - until not that long ago either. Good going for a man who's only a couple of years shy of 80.

I like a man to be manly but not too manly, and not girly but not ungirly, and he should be confident but not cocky, and earn lots of money but not be career focused and he should be Clint Eastwood but Gene Hackman.

Goddamnit, you women, ye're never satisfied.

PS guys I think CheapStuff was being sarcastic.

Edit: okay, I missed page 4, still called it right though.

The subject is the feminisation of man, not cosmetics of any kind. You felt it necessary to give us your life plan, unsolicited. So you got an unsolicited response to an erroneous statement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

It's all fun and games lads until you burn yourself with a hair straightener. Down with that sorta thing.

• Advertisement

Eh... where did that come from? If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to their opinion, just like you're entitled to yours. This thread can do without such comments.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

My inventory:

Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Anti-perspirant
    6 skin products (I have really bad skin...), although I only use 3 of them regularly
    Hair gel
    Hair wax (rarely ever use)
    Toothpaste
    Toothbrush
    Shaving cream
    Nail-clippers
    Scissors
    Razor
    11 lip balm sticks
    Hack-saw

Fair Play Tel... point taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hold on. Aren't mojitos that tribe of natives that chased Indy to the plane at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭token56

The increase of metrosexuals in Ireland is disgraceful. It has reached the stage were guys are now spending more time doing themselves up before they go out than girls. The amount of guys wearing pink, putting moisturizer on, fine tuning there hair etc and even shaving chests, I was fit to shoot a friend who was shaving his chest before, he was doing it for the ladies. If a girl doesn't like hairy chests see can f**k off and become a lesbian. In summary alot of lads in Ireland need to either grow a pair, get a sex change and become a fully fledge women or head off to San Fran.

*I also realise this post may be terrible politically incorrect but I couldn't give a sh*t

Absolutely spot on.

Even this attitude of 'oh my missus tells me what to wear, giggle giggle, is pathetic'. Admitting your P***y whipped doesnt make it funny, it makes it sad. And in the end your missus will be riding the first man who tells her to STFU and doing it while laughing at you. Because she wants a real man, not some mammys boy.

The worst thing to happen to dudes was when some of them started reading Cosmo while taking a dump in their birds place to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Appletinis ftw!

Gimme Clint before that poncey David Beckham any day! I really can't imagine girly guys being that great in the sack either...

And as for footballers in general - Christiano Ronaldo is a little girl. Roy Keane all the way (nothing to do with any "Cork" bull****, the man is just hot).

Here's what I find unattractive: chest/leg shaving. If a guy is self conscious about, say, hair on his back though, fair enough.
    Guys using sunbeds/fake tan - it's bad enough girls using them! Guys sunbathing doesn't exactly float my boat either.
    Guys using hair straighteners, hairbands
    Excessive grooming in general

To be fair, pink is only a colour. We've been conditioned to believe it's feminine. To me, it's the item of clothing, not the colour that makes the difference. A pink shirt or tie doesn't always look bad.

• Advertisement

By all accounts Clint is a mysogonistic ass whose numerous affairs cause the breakup of 2 marriages. Legend!!

We all know that women are attracted to assholes, its why my mates are whipped by the local uglys and I get my jimmy waxed by a different girl each week.

Advertisement