Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk at work...

Options
  • 17-07-2008 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

...right now.

I figure its ok to be drunk at work as long as you come in drunk and dont actually get drunk at work.

They can't expect you to be productive every day, right?

so today i'll be keeping the head down and hiding behind my monitor.

any interesting drunk/hungover stories from work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Masturbate furiously underneath your desk. The profuse sweating will indicate sickness and you'll be sent home in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

As long as you're not a doctor/make important decisions it's ok I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

lol, been drunk in college several times, never work tbh, although i have been horridly hungover alot... Get sick in the bin at your bosses desk and you'll be sent home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

We have beer and cider in our fridge in the kitchen. I've seen people drink during work but noone hammered yet unfortunately.

I don't think you should go home - use this as a day of experiment and if noone catches you make it a regular occurence :D

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Only if you can't expect to be paid for every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yep been there many a time. T'was great fun. All the staff used to look forward to working with drunk al on a friday night, the customers never seemed to care, I could still do my job, just done it a lot happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

This was me about 3 weeks ago, but I work in a lab :p

Lab monkey ws not amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I work in a lab too but being drunk on the job is a bad idea as we work with very sharp blades :eek:

Even hungover is awful :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Quote from my manager

"I dont care if you come into work drunk off your face, as long as you do your job"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'm feeling ya man, I'm in a similar boat.

Got in today, picked up a jambon and a big cup of coffee as soon as I got, plonked myself down at the desk and was promptly informed that there was some desk moving to do. I spent the next 40 minutes under tables on the floor unplugging cables. Took longer than usual 'cos I hadn't a clue what I was doing and I reckon my heavy breathing may have tipped off a few people as to my condition.

Ah well, last night was a mad one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Got in today, picked up a jambon and a big cup of coffee as soon as I got, plonked myself down at the desk and was promptly informed that there was some desk moving to do. I spent the next 40 minutes under tables on the floor unplugging cables. Took longer than usual 'cos I hadn't a clue what I was doing and I reckon my heavy breathing may have tipped off a few people as to my condition.

Ah well, last night was a mad one anyway.

Foot fetish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Make the best of it. If ya get away with it all the better, I may or may not have come into work once on ecstacy.

<_<
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Got in today, picked up a jambon and a big cup of coffee..

Jambons are your friend!
    Try not to eat meat but a rather carnivorous stockily built friend of mine bought me one of this on a night out recently and by God they are delicious!!!! He swears by them for a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

ok, thats 2 votes for a jambon, im off to the shop.

hmm, it was ok.
    img0255qc5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

FunkZ wrote: »
    Make the best of it. If ya get away with it all the better, I may or may not have come into work once on ecstacy.

<_<
    >_>

How'd that go for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I once got sent home from work for being drunk.

I thought I had pulled it off cause my boss didn't call me up until after lunch.
    He said the hallway smelt like a brewery and no amount of 'perfume' could disguise the fact that I was wasted. He sent me home and told me to write him a letter of apology explaining why I thought I had the right to come into work under the influence....very breakfast club...

Worst part was he made me read the letter to him the following morning. Having a cracking headache, your work colleagues whispering about you and a boss forcing you to read him a letter like a bold child is no fun...

I quit about a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Beetlebum wrote: »
    I once got sent home from work for being drunk.

I thought I had pulled it off cause my boss didn't call me up until after lunch.
    He said the hallway smelt like a brewery and no amount of 'perfume' could disguise the fact that I was wasted. He sent me home and told me to write him a letter of apology explaining why I thought I had the right to come into work under the influence....very breakfast club...

Worst part was he made me read the letter to him the following morning. Having a cracking headache, your work colleagues whispering about you and a boss forcing you to read him a letter like a bold child is no fun...

I quit about a week later

you should have broke down crying, citing a death of a close friend for your depression and subsequent alcoholsim!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

TheTubes wrote: »
    hmm, it was ok.
    img0255qc5.jpg

Get back to us around the "3pm slump" time...when the hangover starts to kick in :D:D

i think it is starting to kick in.

why cant i post that image inline using the img tags?
    and i have no image icon in the editor?

EDIT: turns out images arnt allowed in AH so the link above will have to do.
    *tired*

• Advertisement

...right now.

I figure its ok to be drunk at work as long as you come in drunk and dont actually get drunk at work.

so today i'll be keeping the head down and hiding behind my monitor.

any interesting drunk/hungover stories from work?

I had the messiest work night on a Wednesday there last December and ended up not sleeping while still going to work the next day. I posted on here about it actually. That was really bad, I even puked up my breakie roll in my office bin and lived in the toilet most of the day after that.
    hmm, it was ok.
    img0255qc5.jpg

I lol'd , danke sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

why cant i post that image inline using the img tags?
    and i have no image icon in the editor?

Have a pint at lunchtime to top you up and keep you going..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ruaidhri wrote: »
    Quote from my manager

"I dont care if you come into work drunk off your face, as long as you do your job"

:pac:

God Bless Dublin Bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Mirror wrote: »
    Foot fetish?
    Not usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

hmm, it was ok.
    img0255qc5.jpg

Tehe
    yup that'd be them. Mmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Gone to work drunk a few times.
    I've always gone home at about 11, just as the drinkis wearing off.

These days I tend to wait until the last day of the job and start drinking when all the important work is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well its 3pm...are ya dyin?:D

I'd say he is asleep in the Jacks tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    God Bless Dublin Bus!
    I LOL'd

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    Well its 3pm...are ya dyin?

not the best but thats prob to be expected.
    havent eaten since the jambon :(
    i'm holding my breath every time my boss walks by my desks hoping he dosent smell the drink.
    all work queries get the "yeah, ill give a look at that soon..."
    decided im leaving an hour early too. yay.
    my girlfriend still isnt talking to me tho :( apart from a couple of emails telling me how i embarased her in front of her friends last night (nothing too serious, just trying to be funny when i wasnt.)

Advertisement