Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To those who backed me................

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Serious question for the people who backed me at the WSOP.

I'm in Vegas (arrived today) and generally just easing my way in. After giving it some thought, I feel like the best thing to do is to put this idea in front of the people who took a % of me. Instead of playing the $1,500 bracelet event, (3,000 start stack) would there be better value in playing the Venetian (either 3 x $500 events or 1 x $500 and 1 x $1,000)? When I say better value, I mean for both me and my investors. I'm easy either way so I'd appreciate some opinions. (edited to say that I'll be playing some of the Venetian games regardless).

PS: you dont have to be a backer to give an opinion, but a backers opinion matters more :)

PPS: to the mods:
    Can I use this thread to regularly update whats happening to me over here? I dont blog and some boardies are gonna have an interest and no matter what happens, I wanna let them know the ups and downs.

Connie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If your looking for non backers opinions i think you should play the venetian games instead.

1 x $500 and 1 x $1000

Better value as you say.

Either way Best of luck in vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

1,500 x $1 lottery tickets imo

gl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Connie,

Up to you. But the venetian dont give you a bracelet. ;)

Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

It's up to yourself Connie.I trust your judgement, whichever option you feel is the best value for your buck is the one/ones to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

You know better than me connie, follow ur nose. GL!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

The 1500 events are huge huge crapshoots at the beginning, playing some Venetian or Ceasars events is def the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I'll be playing the venetian and bellagio tournaments over the wsop events. but as a backer I want to see you get the biggest score possible so stick with the mega prizepool crapshoot!
    only joking, play what you feel you'll do best in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

david-k wrote: »
    It's up to yourself Connie.I thrust your judgement, whichever option you feel is the best value for your buck is the one/ones to play.

just thought i would quote you saying that you thrust connie!! now no editing it!! nice :D

connie im guessing when ppl backed you it was for more than just this one tournie i.e. you outlined which tournies you would be playing and they took a % of each of these? if this is the case you should definitely play the original tournies! if ppl have just backed you for this one event then maybe you should play the 2 or 3 smaller ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

connie147 wrote: »
    Can I use this thread to regularly update whats happening to me over here? I dont blog and some boardies are gonna have an interest and no matter what happens, I wanna let them know the ups and downs.
    No problem at all, those kinds of threads are grand for regulars. If you want to start a new thread feel free if this one gets cluttered with this discussion.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Gl in Vegas Connie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

What ever feels right to you is the right thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Nagran

Best of Luck Connie

I look forward to reading your updates

• Registered Users Posts: 37,645 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its clear that the situation here is that Connie wants to make a good return for his investors.
    As with most players on the Irish scene he is more experienced in deeper stacked tournaments and as he states he will play these anyways and wants to give his investors a chance to back him in two of these events instead of one of the wsop events with a 3000 starting stack.

I personally think the investors should take the Venetian option to replace a wsop event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its clear that the situation here is that Connie wants to make a good return for his investors.
    As with most players on the Irish scene he is more experienced in deeper stacked tournaments and as he states he will play these anyways and wants to give his investors a chance to back him in two of these events instead of one of the wsop events with a 3000 starting stack.

I personally think the investors should take the Venetian option to replace a wsop event.

very well said man i think it great idea also and connie realy wish you all the best while you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I think the WSOP events are probably softer and not the crapshoot most idiots make them out to be, but play whatever you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

as a non backer i say go for glory and take the braclet ;).... gl connie whatever you choose to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Go for whichever you think is the better option yourself which sounds like the Venetian. Still have that good feeling. GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Connie, I think u should pay the wsop. U play well structured events here the whole time,take a chance go for glory and of course a whopping payday. Best of luck and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭poorbarman

venetian for me connie and gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Thanks for all the replies lads. I still didnt decide for definate although after reading a pm I got, I'm leaning towards wsop. Here's the pm.

didn't want to reply on the main thread but i think you should take a shot at the wsop events instead even-though its probably -ev.
    firstly it will prepare you better for the likely opposition of the main event and also get u used to the routine of playing in the rio.
    also how can u win 3 bracelets if u dont play. (LOL)
    u can play the ventian type tourneys anytime. this is your year at the wsop.
    but np if you decide otherwise
    gl
    user_offline.gif
    Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ya to hell with it, go for glory! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

Marq wrote: »
    I'll be playing the venetian and bellagio tournaments over the wsop events. but as a backer I want to see you get the biggest score possible so stick with the mega prizepool crapshoot!
    only joking, play what you feel you'll do best in

+1 ... Best of luck whichever way you go Connie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

the wsop 1500 and 2500 are nothing but crap shoots u be better off playing the ventian touries .if anyone been watching coverage of it they see that there losing 8 players a second in them . i collected a guy today after he came back and he told me it was all a crap shoot and the ventian touries are better value .in one tourie in the wsop there was 2k players and after 12hrs play there was only 116 left now if does not tell u something wat does

but wat ever u decide best of luck there connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

1. don't play any tourneys
    2. get all of the loot
    3. go to bobbys room
    4. shortstack the biggest game you can get into
    5.????
    6.profit

id prefer you did the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I lost €500 on Spain V Italy the other night, and did ok at Royal Ascot ...... so I say gamble / you decide on what / just don't bring back any money / enjoy the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

wsop hands down, i haven't even heard of the venitian tournaments so i guess a lot of others havent either, that is more the reason to play in the wsop so we can watch you FT online.

potential stardom + money(wsop) v. money(venitian thingy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

:eek:Well lads, after thinking about it, I've decided there's to be no change in the scheduele. That means the syndicate is in on the Main Event, event 48 on Friday June 27th, $2,000 f/o, and event 52, Monday June 30th, a $1,500 f/o.

I've been here since Sunday evening and 2 tourneys played with no luck so far anyway. Well, plenty bad luck in one of them I suppose. But thats to be expected in tournament play, isnt it?

Played the 1k seniors game at the WSOP, (got in by 3 months lol). 3k chips starting off so good practice for the support events at the end of the week. Went through level one quietly, got 6 small pairs in the level but failed to hit a set with any of them.
    Lost a good few chips at the end of the 1st levelwhen I flopped top pair with A-10 on a 10-9-3 flop after I had raised in the BB after button and sb limped. I bet 400 into the 450 pot, sb (card rack) called. Turn is an A, I bet 650, sb calls. River a Q, sb bets 500 :eek:, I call, he shows J8 for the rivered straight.

In the 2nd and 3 rd levels, I get my stack up to 4,200 from about 1200 by just shoving over poose raisers and only showing once, ave stack at this stage was about 3,500 so I was in ok shape even though I only had 21 bb's (100-200). I'm utg +2 when utg +1 min raises to 400. (I told you earlier that he was a card rack, in the first 2 levels, he actually flopped 3 straights, a flush when he called a raise and a reraise with Qs-6s and quads when he called an all-in with 22! So I decided to isolate him and raised to 1500. All else fold back to him and he calls. Flop is perfect. J-J-9. He checks, I check behind. Turn is a 4, he bets 1500, I sove for 2700, he calls and shows JQ. Lovely, until another 4 hits the river. If my hand stands up there, I,ve nearly 9k and cruising. (%^£$dgdkkewd826***")

Went up to the Venetian today and played the 300 deepstack. No 75/150 and no 150/300 levels, a 40 min clock so you gotta get chips in the 1st 4 or 5 levels or you'll be in push territory. 12k starting, the 6th level being 300-600. It didnt work that way for me, being totally card dead and just stealing every now and then. I never got above my start stack until level 8 (600-1200) when I got to a high of 18k with the ave at 27k. I lose blinds and antes and cant find a spot to pick up chips. I'm down to 14k when its finally folded to me in the c/o, I actually look down at AQ and make it 3700 to go (600-1200 + 100 ante.) BB is table CL with about 60k, and he reraise me to 15k. I dont think I can fold here so I call and he has KK. (I dont think he needs this big a hand to do this cause since I came to this table 1 level ago, I've got my stack from 8k up to 18k by being pretty active. No ace and its the end for me.(550 started, out in 175th)

I enjoyed the tourney and the Venetian is a beautiful card room. Met up with LLoyd which was nice. LLoyd's not running well over here, but he knows as well as anyone that you get these runs in tourney poker. He keeps getting his chips in ahead when the cards are turned over but constantly being outdrawn.

The heat over here is rediculously hot. 110 degrees evey day, and humid. You wouldnt walk too far here, thats for sure. I think I;ll play the Caesars Palace deepstack game tomorrow and then take thursday off to prepare for the $2,000 wsop syndicate game. I'll report back tomorrow.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

connie147 wrote: »
    Serious question for the people who backed me at the WSOP.

I'm in Vegas (arrived today) and generally just easing my way in. After giving it some thought, I feel like the best thing to do is to put this idea in front of the people who took a % of me. Instead of playing the $1,500 bracelet event, (3,000 start stack) would there be better value in playing the Venetian (either 3 x $500 events or 1 x $500 and 1 x $1,000)? When I say better value, I mean for both me and my investors. I'm easy either way so I'd appreciate some opinions. (edited to say that I'll be playing some of the Venetian games regardless).

PS: you dont have to be a backer to give an opinion, but a backers opinion matters more :)

Connie

Why would you even ask?

• Advertisement
Advertisement