Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the last inanimate object you swore at?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

And what did you call it?

Pighead went absolutely stone raving bananas with the lawnmower on Saturday afternoon. Its one of those lawnmowers were you pull the cord and the motor roars into action, or doesn't as was the case on Saturday.

Threw a right tantrum at the fcuker and called it every name under the sun, including the C word (apologised to it later on, there was no need to throw out the C word.).

Questioned its parentage and even called it fat and ugly at one stage. Waited a few seconds for a reaction, but nothing, which made Pighead even angrier. Then Mammy Pighead came out, asked what was wrong, pulled on the cord and Mr Smarmypants Lawnmower roared into action. Called Mam a smug bitch and stormed off into the sitting room muttering empty promises about never coming to visit the folks ever again.

So what was the last inaminate object that caused you to go all Basil Fawlty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

yore ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The cup that held the coffee that I spilled on my keyboard this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

geuro wrote: »
    yore ma!
    geuro you dithering baboon do yourself a favour and look up what inaminate means! You're embarrassing yourself here pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

inanimate adj 1 without life; not living • inanimate objects. 2 dull; spiritless

going by definition no.2 seems like a pretty good reason to swear at her!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My Shoes!!

I was pulling them outta my haversack and it was packed with clothes and managed to bend my nail right back shear bloody pain. dont know how i did it because i bite my nails. They got some fierce abuse!!:D

• Advertisement

going by definition no.2 seems like a pretty good reason to swear at her!
    Listen here JohnnyGimpo, Pigheads mother has more life and spirit than you'll ever have. She's a diamond in the rough, where as you're a lump of dogs poo at the bottom of the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My laptop. There's so much wrong with it I wouldn't know where to start. Couldn't be arsed getting it looked at though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I roared a few profanities at my laptop this morning... stupid wan**r froze 3 times, I had a massive discussion with it about how i would be replacing it if it didn't get its act together... i think it worked!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I work with computers so I pretty much spend all day swearing at inanimate
    objects.

The bastards

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

A statue of the virgin mary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

the tv, it has this lovely habit of turning itself back off when you turn it on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Shower... The showers in the student Res here are more or less an open pipe, with a button to force the water out (which much be repressed every 30 seconds or so) and for the first 4 minutes of use the water is ice cold so, rather than being a pussy and standing outside heating it up for a while, passive has had to "man up" and deal with it... Unfortunately when one is very sleepy/otherwise in a weakened state, a sudden stream of angry cold water on your chest/back can lead to sudden bursts of ********c***b******b******sonofa*****argh****dammit****cuntcunt****! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

maybe you should have look in the dictionary instead. Then you might spell it correctly the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

geuro, use the quote function or you'll cause confusion. It looks like you're referring to the comment above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

cleaning out my wardrobe last night, hit my head off a shelf. think the neighbours heard the profanities. have a really bad bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

my phone, or more directly, the alarm on my phone

geuro wrote: »
    maybe you should have look in the dictionary instead. Then you might spell it correctly the next time.
    The lad makes a cracking point.

guero Pighead takes back the harsh words he threw at you earlier. You're obviously a much smarter cat than Pighead gave you credit for. Time to correct the error and put this sorry mess behind us.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

passive wrote: »
    Shower... The showers in the student Res here are more or less an open pipe, with a button to force the water out (which much be repressed every 30 seconds or so) and for the first 4 minutes of use the water is ice cold so, rather than being a pussy and standing outside heating it up for a while, passive has had to "man up" and deal with it... Unfortunately when one is very sleepy/otherwise in a weakened state, a sudden stream of angry cold water on your chest/back can lead to sudden bursts of ********c***b******b******sonofa*****argh****dammit****cuntcunt****! :o

Not only swearing at inanimate objects, but repressing them into the bargain. That's cold, man :D

I spent yesterday doing some DIY... a shelf, a wall, a light-fitting, a screw-hook, a hacksaw and a paintbrush felt my wrath. "Prick****er" was my favoured term of endearment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I can't remember really. Anger management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

My laptop, I smacked my foot off it when I got out of bed this morning. It was on the floor.... :o

• Advertisement

The inanimate object which causes the worst reactions of anger and name calling has to be the sinister little pain giver that calls itself a Plug. There is no greater pain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pighead wrote: »
    The inanimate object which causes the worst reactions of anger and name calling has to be the sinister little pain giver that calls itself a Plug. There is no greater pain.

This is why you should leave every plug left in in your house. Sod the enviromentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mario Kart Wii, just after getting hit by the 3rd blue shell in a row. I used the full range of my extensive cursing vocabulary...

...and then had to apologise to my son who was sitting there with his mouth wide open in shock :(

I really shouldn't play computer games when he's in the room.

Toasters are cunts as well. If ever you pass Pigheads kitchen and you look in and see him yelling at seemingly nobody you can be damn sure he's giving the thick dopey toaster a dressing down after its burnt yet another innocent piece of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i never swear at any thing.
    wheresssssssssssss me fukcing!
    oh ****,christ god damn it! for fukcs sake my fags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

My router when it switched itself off mid download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

chair legs are the worst when you catch your baby toe on one. the frustration of knowing it's not possible to cause the chair as much pain as you have been inflicted with, coupled by the knowledge that it's your fault and multiplied by the realisation that you have been swearing non-stop at a piece of wood for the past few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

The toaster that burnt my toast this morning.
    The knife that sliced my finger as I tried to butter said charcoal toast (probably not the best idea to use a steak knife for buttering)
    The coffee cup that didn't do its job right by keeping the coffee in the cup, aiming instead for all over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

the tv, it has this lovely habit of turning itself back off when you turn it on
    My lazy bastard of a TV does that too. A good punch will put manners on it. The computer is another one, I can't restart it, if it's turned off it won't turn back on for half an hour. I always blame inanimate object when ever anything goes wrong, stub my toe, doors fault. Over cook me food, ovens fault.

I find it a great way of releasing tension. The only inanimate object I don't give out to is my beloved car. Everyone else on the road gets an earful but me and the car are in it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

The Bollox wrote: »
    chair legs are the worst when you catch your baby toe on one. the frustration of knowing it's not possible to cause the chair as much pain as you have been inflicted with, coupled by the knowledge that it's your fault and multiplied by the realisation that you have been swearing non-stop at a piece of wood for the past few minutes

Have to agree with that, hurts like mad and everyone else just laughs at you hopping round and cursing like a lunatic. :(

Advertisement