Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jimmy from fair city

Options
  • 12-04-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Why does Jimmy look in to the middle distance all the time while talking to another character? I think it was to portray guilt to start with but now he constantly looks like he is staring at a spot on the wall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

rope wrote: »
    Why does Jimmy look in to the middle distance all the time while talking to another character? I think it was to portray guilt to start with but now he constantly looks like he is staring at a spot on the wall.

I think.....and I could be wrong.....it might have something to do with the lack of acting ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

janeybabe wrote: »
    I think.....and I could be wrong.....it might have something to do with the lack of acting ability.

lol :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Crap actor.

A f**king joke.

Looks like Gary Kelly.

Is the second actor to play that part - which instantly gives him zero credibility.

In real life, David Mitchell comes across as a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Looks like Gary Kelly

Although Gary Kelly would be the better actor:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

rope wrote: »

Reading cue cards... ehhh ... ehh ... ehhhh ... ehhh ... ehhhh ...

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Reading cue cards... ehhh ... ehh ... ehhhh ... ehhh ... ehhhh ...

That could make sense alright! Although why can't he do it like Jack and Vera and put the lines on cigarette packets, etc?

I still maintain that he can't act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 kerryview

middle distance? can he see that far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rope

poor oul jimbo, sure it must be tough fightin off the wimim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Who in the name of God would go for him? He can't act for peanuts. And as for his mother Rita!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Lizzykins wrote: »
    Who in the name of God would go for him? He can't act for peanuts. And as for his mother Rita!!!!!

Rita is one of the worst actors in the soap but Leo is the top dog when it comes to inability to act in Fair City

• Advertisement

they should rename it to Product Placement City!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Lizzykins wrote: »

What?? Modern day Brando if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

My question is why would Jimmy's ex try to top herself because she got dumped by Jimmy?

He's Jimmy for f**ks sake!

lol well he did dump her for that skank Ally - thats gotta hurt! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Agreed re; Bad actors!

Is there one decent actor in all of em????

- ya man BOB, he's ok, got great voice quality......does loads of VO's on radio ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Is the second actor to play that part - which instantly gives him zero credibility.

In real life, David Mitchell comes across as a scumbag.

I never knew that. Who was the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Respect to Jimmy for not paying heed to society and continuing on his denim crusade. I don't think I've ever seen him on screen without jeans or a denim jacket.

toiletduck wrote: »
    Respect to Jimmy for not paying heed to society and continuing on his denim crusade. I don't think I've ever seen him on screen without jeans or a denim jacket.

Ah, so that's why he woke up looking so bewildered and, let's face it, stupid the other day in Paul's. The bad acting combined with the non-wearing of denim caused a black hole....in his head.

I'm awaiting a plotline involving Jimmy in a 'Tobias from Arrested Development' denim underwear scenario.

lol - they 'announced' on the radio this morning that he's leaving! I wonder if he read this thread? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

:D:D:D:D
    Just heard on the radio (Spin south west) that Jimmy's leaving fair city after 16yrs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

tk123 wrote: »
    lol - they 'announced' on the radio this morning that he's leaving! I wonder if he read this thread? :D

SNAP!! Great minds eh?!!:p
    Same time and all!!:D

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D
    Just heard on the radio (Spin south west) that Jimmy's leaving fair city after 16yrs!!

A national day of mourning is on the cards.

where we all look around randomly to act confused? :D

Sure all we have left now is Rita, who doesn't talk because of the stroke, Suzanne, who's boring, and Bella One Ball. The Doyle family will never be the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

What happened to Bela????!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

didnt he have cancer a few years back? prostate i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

tk123 wrote: »
    That's why he was staring off into the middle distance. He was looking for the bus stop.

Maybe he'll take another few with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

He's going to be killed off. He wakes up one morning and sees Ali with no make-up on and dies of a heart attack.

• Advertisement

More like Ali kills him with her skanger death stare. "Silence! I kill you!" *skanger death stare* Bye bye Jimmy.

I may have confused Ali with Ahmed the Dead Terrorist though.

Advertisement