Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discrimination

Options
  • 14-03-2008 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

this isnt your usual paki thread this is about discrimination in the highest and its been going on for decades!

was online getting an insurance quote and it was 2200 euro a little disgruntled i went through the whole process againonly telling them i was female, 1100 cheaper!
    this is an outrage thats been plagueing the world for decades in fairness how does havin boobs and a snatch make your more insurable?
    well it doesnt
    argh rabble rabble rabble

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sexism is ok, as long as it against men tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Sexism is ok, as long as it against msn tbh.

racism is also good, as long as it is against whites :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

utick wrote: »
    racism is also good, as long as it is against whites :(

Yeah damn all those other races who are being racist against us whites, i hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

they crash less.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dont accept that ****. Get a better quote elsewhere. thats what I did. Feckin wimmin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wait a minute lads!!!

He's white, male and I bet he's one o' them heterosexuals too!!

Therefore, it's his fault and it's entirely okay to blame him and discriminate against him because he was born that way... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

weeder wrote: »
    this isnt your usual paki thread this is about discrimination in the highest and its been going on for decades!

was online getting an insurance quote and it was 2200 euro a little disgruntled i went through the whole process againonly telling them i was female, 1100 cheaper!
    this is an outrage thats been plagueing the world for decades in fairness how does havin boobs and a snatch make your more insurable?
    well it doesnt
    argh rabble rabble rabble

It does not. Women are more likely to be involved in a crash because of thier slow nature.........i.e on motorways women are far more likely to drive too slow and this is a big issue with those merging and the reason is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

they crash less.

The reason wimmin get cheaper insurance is:
    They drive less.
    <cue random posting of examples of women that drive a lot/more than their male counterparts etc>.
    Regardless, on average women drive considerably less than men do - on average

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The reason wimmin get cheaper insurance is:
    They drive less.
    <cue random posting of examples of women that drive a lot/more than their male counterparts etc>.
    Regardless, on average women drive considerably less than men do - on average

it's also due to blowjobs in the car.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And they have teeny cars that they drive slowly to accommodate all the make-up putting on and phoning people. And they have cute girl accidents. Like when they cant get into a parking place without dinging someone for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

"women" may be safer drivers than "men". But it;s bull**** to lumo us in with the 50% of the population who are the same sex as us, and make any judgment based on that.

It's also "permissible discrimination" because you can dsciminate against "men". But what if the stats show that black men were less safe overall. Could they charge more to insure them? Or Asian men?

I mean, if they're going to discriminate based on our sex, why stop there. Why not go the whole hog and profile us properly?

It's total crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

they crash less.

They don't crash less than me. I've never crashed.

And to say women in general crash less than men may be true but that doesn't give insurance companies the right to discriminate against all men.

Also why do I get screwed on car insurance, but everybody pays the same health insurance by law? Even the obese smokers pay the same as me.

do u guys have any idea of how they work out the premium? they don't just pick numbers out of the air fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

do u guys have any idea of how they work out the premium? they don't just pick numbers out of the air fwiw

the suffragetts once finished blowing up eary 20th centruary london turned their had to insurance underwriting

need i say more

tallaght01 wrote: »
    "women" may be safer drivers than "men". But it;s bull**** to lumo us in with the 50% of the population who are the same sex as us, and make any judgment based on that.

you're not, you're just lumped in with other young men your age, who happen to suck at driving. boo urns.
    I mean, if they're going to discriminate based on our sex, why stop there. Why not go the whole hog and profile us properly?

lol they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Wimmins crash more then men, its just that when a women crashes, its usually a shopping trolley in a car park or a bollard cone.
    When men crash they do it properly and completely destroy the car ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

This is true, there are some factors people don't always think about.
    obviously age of you/ your sex, year of the car,make, what litre the engine is, where you live / park your car, what your occupation is, how far you drive on average, your NCB, when you got your license - all come into it.
    Granted on average there are 'deals' for women - which isn't always fair because there can be godawful drivers in both sexes but there probably are statistics which back some of it up. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I can't remember a the last time I saw a usual paki thread.

Oh and wimmins have boobehs. Therefore they wins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

if u have a name like adrian or sam you should get urself insured under the lay-deez thingy. they'll never know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Here's the deal;
    Women put on make-up while driving, almost crash into cars driven by men, the men then swerve to avoid the women and hit a wall or something.
    Result: Men get screwed over on car insurance because they don't want to crash into careless women drivers.
    Scientific fact.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

this isnt your usual paki thread

Dont mean to sound pedantic, but that its considered a racial slur against people from pakistan. ;)
    (I learnt that lesson the hard way!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

faceman wrote: »
    Dont mean to sound pedantic, but that its considered a racial slur against people from pakistan. ;)
    (I learnt that lesson the hard way!!!)

It's only offensive if you are from India ;)

Or Paki Bonner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I find the word "Dubs" deeply offensive to describe people from Dublin.I much prefer the term "jackeens".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Women are not better drivers. They get lower insurance cost because on average women drive a lot less per year then men. Simple.

you're not, you're just lumped in with other young men your age, who happen to suck at driving. boo urns.

lol they do.

A) I'm lumped in with my sex. My age is another factor. There are older men paying more than younger women.

B) So is there a policy of charging different insurance rates based on race?

A) I'm lumped in with my sex. My age is another factor. There are older men paying more than younger women.

B) So is there a policy of charging different insurance rates based on race?

probably, i dunno.

probably, i dunno.

lol, so when I made the point about going the whole hog and profiling us fully, and you said that they do...what you meant is they probably do?

I don't know the answer myself. But the point I'm making is that it's easy to discriminate against males on the basis that we're "worse drivers", but would they have the balls to discriminate against blacks, or asians if say they were found to be worse drivers.

I doubt they'd have the cajones, but maybe fear of the PC brigade hasn't penetrated the inner sanctum of the insurance world.

lol, so when I made the point about going the whole hog and profiling us fully, and you said that they do...what you meant is they probably do?

no, they do. But i doubt they do racial profiling, i can't remember seeing that question on the form.

I don't know the answer myself. But the point I'm making is that it's easy to discriminate against males on the basis that we're "worse drivers", but would they have the balls to discriminate against blacks, or asians if say they were found to be worse drivers.

they're not discriminating ffs. they're appropriating risk.

• Advertisement

no, they do. But i doubt they do racial profiling, i can't remember seeing that question on the form.

Yea, you're not getting my point.

I'm aware that they ask about other safe factors, such as job etc.

But I wanna know if they have the balls to fully profile people. To complete the full risk assessment task that they claim is so important.

Advertisement