Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

welsh fans

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

just thought some of you might like to see this,its a thread from a welsh rugby forum

http://www.scumv.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=9a8214aba50d0398d746a99d9497b119

look at the thread Stephen Jones : Ireland by 10 pts but Wales Champions!

you should also check out some of the other rubbish on the site.

They refer to O'driscoll as O'stampy

the also say

"Hate to say it, Very Happy , but the Irish have become almost as bad as the English over the last few years, so a good thumping over there is just what they need."

"Absolutely. I dislike them more than the English. Who do the English have currently who can compete with the likes of ODriscoll, OGara and O'Im-a-whiny-little-bald-**** in the arrogant twatty stakes?"

this has just confirmed my suspicions,I now oficially hate wales more than England.I hope we murder them.The things they are saying is almost laughable,overrated team me thinks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Great read, very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ha ha, they win 3 games in a row and suddenly it's '05 again - which was in itself a completely extraordinary (I won't say fluke) one-off. It's a shame we're not at our best to give them a real good hiding, but they won't win either of their next 2 games.

Who cares? They're not even a real country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Average age of 12 on that lot. No worse than you'd find on an average bulletin board tbh. That said it does remind me how cocky the Welsh can get , even after a couple of fairly average performances. Like England in soccer the Welsh are convinced that they are the real keepers of the "flame of rugby".:p

So it's understandable. Like ourselves they try to delude themselves that they are yet again destined for greatness after a couple of average performances and some extreme good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I think its safe to say the Welsh are not George Hook fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

The Welsh are completely delusional.

Since the 70s they have seen their natural place as being above ours in the pecking order. No amount of thrashings seems to alter their self belief - what have we lost in Cardiff - once since 83 ffs.

The stuff you hear from Wales every year before their games against us would be equivalent to us expecting handy wins in Paris every 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

yeraulone wrote: »
    I think its safe to say the Welsh are not George Hook fans!

i was wondering,how are they able too watch george hook,they said something about setanta but isnt hook an rte only pundit.I have all the setanta channels and have never seen him on it.also hook is very critical of the Irish team every time i watch him,maybe there is a hook impersonator,they are watching:)

glad too see other people recognise how bent these welsh fans are,really annoyed me at first,because I didnt realy mindd the welsh.I despise them now,probably even more so than the English,unbelievable as it sounds
    is_that_so wrote: »
    So it's understandable. Like ourselves they try to delude themselves that they are yet again destined for greatness after a couple of average performances and some extreme good luck.

come on now,they are in a different league to us,when it comes to hyping there team up.with delusions of greatness beconing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

In fairness, and I am one who remembers the 1970s when they were truly insufferable, any time I have met Welsh fans on the beer whether in Dublin and Cardiff, they have been great craic.

Most knowledgeable rugby fans and by far the best singers.

Looking forward to locking vocal chords with thousands of them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

In fairness, and I am one who remembers the 1970s when they were truly insufferable,

QFT.

Some of my older mates (:D) still support anyone against Wales because of their arrogance during the 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Who cares? They're not even a real country.

LOL! Owned!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

I agree with this. The amount of times I heard we had the 2 best centres and the two best 2nd rows in the world. We hype ourselves up way too much.

In recent years I believe the Welsh have actually had a very good team, but just couldn't get the results (with the exception of 05 of course). To say we will hammer the Welsh (I hope we do) just shows complete rugby ignorance. I've heard it from a few self-named rugby experts recently.

Peter B wrote: »
    I agree with this. The amount of times I heard we had the 2 best centres and the two best 2nd rows in the world. We hype ourselves up way too much.

In recent years I believe the Welsh have actually had a very good team, but just couldn't get the results (with the exception of 05 of course). To say we will hammer the Welsh (I hope we do) just shows complete rugby ignorance. I've heard it from a few self-named rugby experts recently.

many journalists have also said we have the best centre pairing in the world,it doesnt come from no where.I agree to an extent but we are not as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

I take no notice of it, it's not nearly as bad a some of the inter provincial rubbish written here or on other fora - the likes of O'Driscoll is a stamper, O'Gara is choker, Flannery is scum, etc

BTW, if it hurts you so much why would bother visiting the site, it is after all a Welsh site?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is it really a surprise to anyone that the Welsh don't like us anymore? (It Only applies to matters of rugby in fairness). It is mainly because we have been better than them for around the past decade or more.

Experts have pinpointed that exact moment this began to Noel Mannions try in Cardiff in 1989. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

id take no notice of it, we'll concentrate on our side and they can do what they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Peter B wrote: »

Have to disagree with this - some in the media may hype Ireland, but there isnt anything like the same level of hype, delusion etc you get in Wales.

There has to be a reason for our consistent success against Wales over the last 25 years - including quite a few resounding hammerings, 31-5, 54-10 ffs. It must have something to do with this Welsh superiority complex when playing us - it has been worth a 10 point start to us some years.

I think we have every chance of hammering them this Saturday - they are being complacent, think they have the 6Ns won on points difference already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

That said it does remind me how cocky the Welsh can get , even after a couple of fairly average performances. Like England in soccer the Welsh are convinced that they are the real keepers of the "flame of rugby".:p

I have always found the Welsh people I meet to be very similar to the English, I wouldn't see them as a celtic nation. There's a good few similarities between us and the Scots. But the Welsh? Nah, they can be very loud, scummy and cocky. More similar to the English than they would like to think.

(nothing against the english, they're grand in small groups of say, 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ah lads let's not stoop to their level. At least limit any comments to the players than to the population of Wales in general.

JæKæ wrote: »
    I have always found the Welsh people I meet to be very similar to the English, I wouldn't see them as a celtic nation. There's a good few similarities between us and the Scots. But the Welsh? Nah, they can be very loud, scummy and cocky. More similar to the English than they would like to think.

great post:) keep them coming lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

i know i said lets just concentrate on ourselves a few posts up but its actually an interesting parrallell-Wales are to Rugby, as England are to Soccer.

as in, never admit to having a bad team-only "off form" or have a "lousy manager"(who must be rid of ASAP)!!! they get 1 or 2 big results and theyre suddenly world beaters.....

I actually like them but it's annoying though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

JæKæ wrote: »
    LOL! :D QFT JæKæ!

Keep'em coming lads! Loving this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Amz wrote: »
    Ah lads let's not stoop to their level. At least limit any comments to the players than to the population of Wales in general.
    So back to Gavin Henson and his fake tan then. He's a fine kicker of the ball and a good tackler too. Similar to BOD in some respects.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Similar to BOD in some respects.

dont be so insulting,have some respect:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/remembers where he is. Backs slowly out of the welsh bashing thread. :p

Sherifu wrote: »
    /remembers where he is. Backs slowly out of the welsh bashing thread. :p

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DaiThePlummer

dc69 wrote: »
    just thought some of you might like to see this,its a thread from a welsh rugby forum

http://www.scumv.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=9a8214aba50d0398d746a99d9497b119

Lads, that website is predominantly visited and run by South and East Wels idiots (eg. mostly Ospreys fans ). Proper Welsh people like us out in West Wales always give yout he respect you deserve and don't think Henson or anyone else in the Welsh team has a god given right to perform.

Please don't put us all in this basket.

Enjoy the game on Saturday and Cheers.

Sounds like a Welsh equivalent of Munster.

:p
    Thats called a joke, for any overzealous moderator hovering over the "ban" button

Lads, that website is predominantly visited and run by South and East Wels idiots (eg. mostly Ospreys fans ). Proper Welsh people like us out in West Wales always give yout he respect you deserve and don't think Henson or anyone else in the Welsh team has a god given right to perform.

Please don't put us all in this basket.

Enjoy the game on Saturday and Cheers.

they dont seem to like peolple from west wales either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

A month ago the whole country was roaring Wales on against England!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

dc69 wrote: »
    they dont seem to like peolple from west wales either?

You mean the Turks? ;) (Or people from Llannelli to non Ospreys fans.) I must admit I don't get the whole Turkey - Llanneli connection myself, it must be a sort of Welsh equivelent of the whole rabbits / tennis connection from Fr Ted. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement