Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4s style

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

biko wrote: »
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24126.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24122.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24121.jpg
    90086701.jpg

whats this spot the good looking one - eh i mean kinda decent one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Pythia wrote: »
    Fake tan, eyeliner, mascara, pale lipstick or concealer on lips. Long Abercrombie tops, skinny jeans, Ugg boots. Volumised hair that's been straightened.
    Don't listen to other people, if you want to look like that, go for it. It's a good look!

LOL - its a good look, unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sparkle21

well i do wear mascara and eyeliner almost all the time,but i cant wear skinny jeans,cause my mum would flip if i did,(im curvacious),abercrombie that would be really hard for me to get at, since i have no credit card and my mum wont buy it for me even when i offer her my OWN money.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

empirix wrote: »
    LOL - its a good look, unbelievable!

each to their own, style is style, if it wasnt a good look, it wouldnt be so popular.

Sparkle21 wrote: »
    well i do wear mascara and eyeliner almost all the time,but i cant wear skinny jeans,cause my mum would flip if i did,(im curvacious),abercrombie that would be really hard for me to get at, since i have no credit card and my mum wont buy it for me even when i offer her my OWN money.....
    Why don't you fly to America and get some Abercrombie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

just look up all the posts on stuff people think looks obnoctious. Go to the 'i think im in the higher echelons of society' range of BT - thats where its at i think.

Uggs, dubes, oniels tracksuits. Green and white rugby jearseys with the popped collar... If your a girl, grow your hair long and give it a bad hairdye. Then the trick is to straighten it in a mannor that makes your hair fluffy, then comb it over from the far ear and get that whole 80's quiff going.. try make it look as casual as possible, otherwise its obvious your trying to hard.

cake on the foundation and mascara. From what i gather girls seem to carry the foundation over their lips too, so lipstick isnt an essential, the more it looks like you have no lips the better.

p.s. The association of 'd4' and 'style' is prostitution of the english language.

good luck in your venture, i for one would like to see how this turns out - we are all routing for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Get a 3v card. See here www.3v.ie. It's a credit card but it's kinda like call credit in that you buy it in advance.
    Have a look at the website.

Otherwise, look at the website, then try to buy similar stuff in Irish shops.

Go for the fake tan, practice makes perfect with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Pythia wrote: »
    Go for the fake tan, practice makes perfect with it.

Noooo :p

Sun = perfect tan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Some pieces your wardrobe should contain:
    Skinny jeans
    Pumps
    Ugg boots
    Longish Vest tops
    Dubes
    Polos
    Long sleeve white/grey t's [for layering with short sleeve t's]
    Cantos
    Wooden braclets/necklaces

Any Hollister, A&F, Juicy, Ralph lauren, brand clothing like that!

Hope this helps =]

Edit: Obv this is for a girl tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Question to the girls: Why do you want to look like these guys? cosoompa.jpg

Who would want to fashion themselves around oompa loompas. Bizarre really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The "D4 look"... Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

Dudess wrote: »
    The "D4 look"... Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Pitiful.

how is it pitiful?:confused:

This thread is four months old, but anyway: I think it's pitiful to want to know how to "get" a look - and a particularly bad one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

aliqueenb wrote: »
    how is it pitiful?:confused:

Because where is the logic between wearing a hoodie three sizes too big for you, fat woolly ugg boots and a denim skirt that barely covers your arse? If you're cold wear trousers FFS.

And orange faces aren't attractive. Neither are streaks and brown lumps between your fingers.

If you're going to spend hours doing your hair then why leave it messy when you finish?

Dubes with cotton bottom? Ha. Fashion disaster.

Put all the D4 heads in a line and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between any of them.

That's how it's pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweet Jaysus, why on earth would someone want to look like a bloody Oompa Lumpa ??

big hoodies...cos they are warm and comfortable, but yeah it is getting kind of old now, with all the small crappy shops selling fake a&f and hollister and all...

you're stereotyping!...but for some of my own stereotyping here, i always thought it was more the skobes who were orange like...

messy hair...cos it looks good!...better than dead straight i think no?

"Dubes with cotton bottom? Ha. Fashion disaster"...oh i like that, brown dubes and cantos no?...i wear them with jeans and uniform more though.

"Put all the D4 heads in a line and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between any of them"....probably not lol but sometimes i think atleast they are better than emo kids who are as rich as them yey complain about how much their lives suck all the time...more stereotyping from me here ha

probably not lol but sometimes i think atleast they are better than emo kids who are as rich as them yey complain about how much their lives suck all the time...more stereotyping from me here ha

Why are they better? Both groups conform to a stereotype, each as ridiculous as the other. One and the same really, although at least emo kids are quiet. Nothing worse than 4 or 5 D4 girls in a group cackling away about how they weren't allowed into Kiely's last Friday.

i see the proles are getting flustered by the d4 image again :rolleyes:

viva affluence
    I've a horrible feeling you're actually being serious. If you think people moan about the "D4 look" simply because they're unhappy about not being rich, then seriously wake up. How come I find that "look" laughable and I'm from a well-off family? It's actually more to do with the fact that it's an awful "look".
    As for your use of the term "proles" - what a snob.
    each to their own, style is style, if it wasnt a good look, it wouldnt be so popular.
    Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe was extremely popular - that doesn't, for one millisecond, mean it was good.

Dudess wrote: »
    Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe was extremely popular - that doesn't, for one millisecond, mean it was good.

Ah now hold on there a second

KTRIC wrote: »
    Sweet Jaysus, why on earth would someone want to look like a bloody Oompa Lumpa ??

obviously they don't want to look like oopma lumpas:D

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why are they better? Both groups conform to a stereotype, each as ridiculous as the other. One and the same really, although at least emo kids are quiet. Nothing worse than 4 or 5 D4 girls in a group cackling away about how they weren't allowed into Kiely's last Friday.

hmmmm i know but atleast d4's wear more than black lol...hmmm maybe its just cos i had a bad experience in dublin with them heehee...was walking by central bank in dublin in ralphy when emo/goth/alternative girl said to her friends ugh i wore that kinda stuff last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

You can get a 3v prepaid credit card.
    But yeah, abercrombie isn't that hard to pick up. Esp if you holiday in U.S. the stores are everywhere.

hmmmm i know but atleast d4's wear more than black lol...hmmm maybe its just cos i had a bad experience in dublin with them heehee...was walking by central bank in dublin in ralphy when emo/goth/alternative girl said to her friends ugh i wore that kinda stuff last year

That's your bad experience? I hope you walked straight down to Store Street garda station and reported (or do you not do northside?)

So what if they made a comment about you? You're on saying sh1t about them. An eye for an eye is it?

It's the same with sooo many people. People are just trying to fit into a group. It's not just teenagers either, you can see people grow up with it too. They latch on to a certain group when they are growing up the same fear that got them into that group is the same fear that keeps them in it. You'll find every party will always have the same type of music, nobody will dare step outside and branch off into their own tastes in fear of the others not approving.

Apart from the fake tan and the ugg boots, I think the style being talked about here can look good. Although I suppose without the fake tan and the ugg boots you just don't qualify :rolleyes:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That's your bad experience? I hope you walked straight down to Store Street garda station and reported (or do you not do northside?)

haha for your information i don't even live in dublin lol, haha its bogger land laois for me ha

So what if they made a comment about you? You're on saying sh1t about them. An eye for an eye is it?

i was just saying everybody picks on d4s just cos of basically those ross o carrol kelly books, i think i should write a book bout emo kids lol....'was soooooooo sad today, wrote a poem about how sad i was, showed it to my friends they said it was amazing, cried myself to sleep, would have preferred if they hated it, would have given me something real to cry about'

thats about the type and level of stereotyping that was done in ross o carrol kelly books about d4s yet everyone takes them soo literally it sad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cormie wrote: »
    It's the same with sooo many people. People are just trying to fit into a group. It's not just teenagers either, you can see people grow up with it too. They latch on to a certain group when they are growing up the same fear that got them into that group is the same fear that keeps them in it. You'll find every party will always have the same type of music, nobody will dare step outside and branch off into their own tastes in fear of the others not approving.

Apart from the fake tan and the ugg boots, I think the style being talked about here can look good. Although I suppose without the fake tan and the ugg boots you just don't qualify :rolleyes:

I thought for the majority of teenagers today it seems to be the opposite I know this thread isn't backing me up but they all seem to be crying out to be different and by doing that they end up just looking like morons.

I could never understand much of it myself dressing a certain way because you like a certain type of music or dressing a certain way because you live in a certain part of the country/city it's all a bit retarded.

happy meduim will come in a few years were the majority will wear different clothes but they won't have to look like micheal cases while doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

probably not lol but sometimes i think atleast they are better than emo kids who are as rich as them yey complain about how much their lives suck all the time...more stereotyping from me here ha

Jayziz :rolleyes:

Still, by trying to be different, you're just the same as all the others who are trying to be different, no matter which route to difference you take :D

I agree with the dressing a certain way thing too, it can be so obvious to tell exactly the type of music people like by the way they dress. In a lot of cases they advertise it on their t-shirts too.

Curious as to what type of music people would think I'm into by the look of me actually!

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Jesus.

what?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cormie wrote: »
    Still, by trying to be different, you're just the same as all the others who are trying to be different, no matter which route to difference you take :D

I agree with the dressing a certain way thing too, it can be so obvious to tell exactly the type of music people like by the way they dress. In a lot of cases they advertise it on their t-shirts too.

Curious as to what type of music people would think I'm into by the look of me actually!

Trying to be different is fine and there's tons of ways to go about it, and looking well presented and "cool" then there's just looking like a moron for the sake of being different. not good.

I would guess The cure/Smiths shot in the dark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement