Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to broach subject of hairy legs!

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met a girl about 2 months ago and about 3 weeks ago we began sleeping together - it's great, and she's great. I think I'm headed for falling in love with her.

There's just one thing bothering me and I feel like a shallow f****r mentioning it, but her legs are a bit on the hairy side! When we're lying together in bed at night and they touch mine I involuntarily twitch when I get pricked by a cactus-like leg hair!

She's good looking and looks after her appearance - is it just an oversight? I can't see any way to mention it without offending her...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

Cactorture wrote: »
    I met a girl about 2 months ago and about 3 weeks ago we began sleeping together - it's great, and she's great. I think I'm headed for falling in love with her.

There's just one thing bothering me and I feel like a shallow f****r mentioning it, but her legs are a bit on the hairy side!

Tell her how much you like her soft legs :D !
    no, just joking, get her a wax session now that Valentines day is coming :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Panicked

If it's cactus like it means it's stubble, i.e. she shaves her legs, just not as regular as maybe you'd like. You're either going to ask her to shave them more often, or not at all (so the hair grows to normal length and is no longer prickly).

Personally I don't mind the stubble. I mean it's quite obvious women shave their legs, so there's gonna be stubble. I don't get off on it or anything, but I'd never be bothered with it. Does she reel in disgust if she discovers stubble on your face?

Panicked wrote: »
    You're either going to ask her to shave them more often, or not at all (so the hair grows to normal length and is no longer prickly).
    Does she reel in disgust if she discovers stubble on your face?

:)) (so the hair grows to normal length and is no longer prickly)

I was wondering ..what about oral sex if there's a forest growing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Gotta laugh at this one: "I don't get off on it or anything" - thanks for clearing that up!!! Like we'd have thought otherwise! ! As for the whole hairy legs thing, perhaps it's just on one or two occasions that she meant to shave again but didn't? Some girls have really fast hair growth on their legs and it can be such a pain shaving in every shower!!! But sure you'll get used to it! You can't say anything really because women get all over worked about minor details like such!! You could get her a voucher though or something, just not directly for waxing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do you mean does she have a hairyish m*nge? If so, yes, but that doesn't bother me and I do operate down there...

• Advertisement

Well that's a different area entirely, and you're speaking of convenience.

In terms of hair on the legs, it usually won't grow very long or get in the way. In the grand scheme of things it's meant to be there, and while out of fashion, is not inherently unattractive.

Gotta laugh at this one: "I don't get off on it or anything" - thanks for clearing that up!!! Like we'd have thought otherwise! !
    Some people have odd and amusing perversions. You'd be surprised how many (immature) others find humour in pointing these out.

Panicked wrote: »

Some people have odd and amusing perversions. You'd be surprised how many (immature) others find humour in pointing these out.

...............Is that a dig at me?!!! Just never thought that anyone would "get off" on female stubble! That's all! Forgive my young and innocent ways!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

Just talk to her!...
    If it's gonna be an issue don't let it fester, make a joke about it, "beard-rash on your arse" or something, get her laughing about it and then ask her about it.
    It sounds like you're falling for her and hopefully she's falling for you too so i'd suggest dealing with it directly, if you can't talk about insignificant things like this, what are you gonna do when you've important things to talk about?!!

...............Is that a dig at me?!!! Just never thought that anyone would "get off" on female stubble! That's all! Forgive my young and innocent ways!!
    Heheh, no not a dig at you. But if it exists, it's likely someone gets off on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Cactorture wrote: »
    There's just one thing bothering me and I feel like a shallow f****r mentioning it, but her legs are a bit on the hairy side! When we're lying together in bed at night and they touch mine I involuntarily twitch when I get pricked by a cactus-like leg hair!

You said it OP - you really don't have enough to worry about in your life!!

As issues go it's insignificant, and if you bring it up with her, remember that people in glass house shouldn't throw stones! So my friend, you'd better be sure your nails are manicured and you're clean-shaven, bathed, fragrant, and otherwise pristine.

Not sure what age you are, or what your expectations of the female population involve, but seriously, you need to get over yourself. Women these days are put under so much pressure to achieve 'perfection' that practices such as vaginoplasty and anal bleaching are becoming popular. And you my friend fuel these fears with inconsequential fears of leg hair stubble (sorry, end of rant).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Above all you must be diplomatic in a situation like this.

You could ask her to shave "down there". Tell her you find it a turn on. If she agrees gradually ask her to shave a little further each time until she's shaving down as far as the ankles. Problem solved and nobody got their feelings hurt. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

If she's in your place and going to have a shower... when giving her a towel say there's shampoo etc. in the bathroom and just mention there's some disposable razors there also if she wants to use one. Lot of wimmins shave their legs in the shower so it should seem normal enough.
    PS: buy some razors if you don't have any

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

If my BF mentioned anything of the sort to me I would give him a total clobbering.

Be realistic - Its impossible for womens legs to be completely hair/stubble free 100% of the time. (just like its impossible on your face).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

OOOh I wouldnt if I were you. If I were her I would also clobber you! At least untill ye are going out like a year and are more comfortable and secure in the relationship. Even then I would be very very very very VERY tactful and only if it was really necessary. Does it really bother you that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

If you're looking at her with a view towards a long term relationship then remember that the older they get the hairier they get. I broke up with a girl solely for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭evry1sm8

If you're looking at her with a view towards a long term relationship then remember that the older they get the hairier they get. I broke up with a girl solely for this reason.

WTF????

You sound slightly shallow im sorry to say.
    And that is not true. Older people are just as capable as shaving as younger people are so??? wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

how about discussing your favourite charity, and say you were thinking of doing a sponsored leg/back/chest/groin wax to raise money for said charity, would she be interested in being part of your double act???

i really wish i had such insignificant things to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

speaking as a 21st century chick....i find it a bit odd that she doesn't take care of her "follical issues" herself!i wouldn't dream of getting in bed with the OH if i had hairy legs. Bit of stubble maybe,but certainly not a furry situation!

I'd reiterate what another poster suggested; tell her that you find nothing sexier than stroking silky smooth legs....perhaps she'll get the message!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well by the sounds of it you're clearly in a healthy relationship where you're at easy with each other and can share yourselves completely... :rolleyes:

i say total waxing is great, at least he doesnt have any hair btw his teeth ;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Don't say it! If leg stubble is the extent of your difficulties you are one lucky man.
    Slightly off topic, someone mentioned 'anal bleaching' - WTF is that? and WHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

if you get pricked by the stubble when why not just say so ?
    right there on the spot don't make a big deal of, clearly she already shaves.
    If you get pricked just react like you would normally and go what was that rub the area and
    I am sure she will ask what is it and you say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

all i can say is, if i was seeing a guy and he brought this up and an 'issue' i'd drop him like a hot potato

i'm sorry but im a busy lady and i dont have time to be silky smooth all day every day.

in fact, i'm quite lazy about shaving, i dont have a lot of hair growth, and i find it much better if i just leave it grow rather than getting stubble all the time.

i think it's a good guide to how shallow a guy is, if its such a problem, i know we're not compatible

I know I posted already but just realised the insanity of actually making a thread about hairy legs - if you're really mad about her where did the whole "overlooking imperfections" go to?? It's only a bit of stubble, would hardly say that you're squeaky clean and without stubble 24/7 either! Tis quite shallow to be honest, and if a lad broke up with me because of my hairy legs, I'd thank my lucky stars that I'd gotten rid of such an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

if you're really mad about her where did the whole "overlooking imperfections" go to??

ehh... what imperfections? hair on the legs is perfectly natural and normal, despite what society tries to force upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,075 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just say: "I really like you.....legs apart". :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

I would simply say " theres nothing sexier then smooth soft legs" and then look straight into her eyes!!!!!

And if that doesn't work you'll just have to decide which is more important her or the smooth legs! (its only a bit of hair after all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thaedydal wrote: »
    if you get pricked by the stubble when why not just say so ?
    right there on the spot don't make a big deal of, clearly she already shaves.
    If you get pricked just react like you would normally and go what was that rub the area and
    I am sure she will ask what is it and you say it.
    I agree with Thaed.

Or alternatively, shave her while she sleeps. No harm done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

cheekyass wrote: »
    I would simply say " theres nothing sexier then smooth soft legs" and then look straight into her eyes!!!!!)

and actually, NOT shaving, gives you soft smooth legs.........provided you stroke in the direction of hair growth.

Some earlier poster: no, women do not get hairier as they get older. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

and actually, NOT shaving, gives you soft smooth legs.........provided you stroke in the direction of hair growth.

How does NOT shaving give you smooth legs???? I think the OP's problem with her is that shes got hairy legs.......not which direction he should be stoking them

Advertisement