Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't talk to girls I fancy!

Options
  • 11-01-2008 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some advice on this one. I'm a fairly reserved guy at the best of times but I've managed to build up quite a few genuine male and female friends. Lord knows how but that's beside the point.
    I'm (told) I'm good looking, well educated, athletic, 6"2 etc but I really find it hard to get talking to girls; or to be more accurate I find it almost impossible to talk to girls I fancy. I've no problems talking to ladies I'm not attracted to, quite the opposite in fact and this often results in undesirable results. However when it comes to girls I find attractive or would like to ask out I can hardly think of anything to say half the time. The rest of the time I just end up going into paranoid mode and come across as, well, a little weird and lacking in confidence.
    Any advice would be helpful apart from the "think of them naked variety" or "treat them as a normal person" - that's just the thing; it's a deeply buried psychological thing at this stage and it's adding to my already depressed state.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

try reading THE GAME by Neil Strauss it's an interesting book and is relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

A lot of people are in the same situation as yourself, remember that! Same for guys and girls. You need to build up your confidence first and believe in yourself. Don't put yourself down, no one is above you or below you. The best thing to do when making conversation with someone is to listen to what they're saying and ask them questions on it. Don't think that you have to come out with a big story about yourself and it should all come naturally.

If you convince yourself you have a deep buried psychological block with women you fancy then you'll never get anywhere. Forget that crap and go be yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

coolbeans wrote: »
    I'm a fairly reserved guy at the best of times .
    So am I!

but I've managed to build up quite a few genuine male and female friends. Lord knows how but that's beside the point.
    That IS the point actually.

If you have that many genuine friends, this means you are a good guy.

I have around 12 people I would call very close, genuine friends. Girls and fellas.

I'm (told) I'm good looking, well educated, athletic, 6"2 etc but I really find it hard to get talking to girls;
    You sound like you'd a decent catch for anyone tbh.

or to be more accurate I find it almost impossible to talk to girls I fancy.
    Yeah, weird isn't it.

Here's why.

You fancy the girl, so you start thinking "omg, what if I say the wrong thing, she'll think I'm a prat and I definitely won't have a chance, so instead, I'll just shut up"

I've no problems talking to ladies I'm not attracted to, quite the opposite in fact and this often results in undesirable results.

lol, here's why.

You don't fancy the girl, so none of that "what if I come accross as a twat" stuff matters. Why would it.

Now, these "undesireable results" you are talking about. This shows that, in fact, you are desireable to women.
    Any advice would be helpful apart from the "think of them naked variety" or "treat them as a normal person"
    Erm, why wouldn't you tream them like a normal person? Do you only fancy freaks and monsters or soemthing?

Here's some advice.

You know that when you just chat normally to the girls you don't fancy, you get results.

The next step is easy.

Do the same with the girls you do fancy.

All you have to do is get in the frame of mind where you tell yourself you can talk to any girl the same way, of course you can.
    - that's just the thing; it's a deeply buried psychological thing at this stage and it's adding to my already depressed state.
    Thanks in advance.
    Depression? Deeply buried pshychological thing?

Has this been diagnosed by a professional, or are you building a slight mental block you have into something more dramatic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 quinnray

In the exact same situation as you.
    Has got me into tricky situations with my friends/colleagues partners..

I find booze helps a little as long as there hasn't been too much build up,
    to meeting the person in question.
    Beer Kills the inhibitions...Obviously this isn't a solution..
    For me the perfect situation is on the booze, quite merry/good humour,
    and the person shows up unannounced..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

A good thing to remember is that it's difficult for girls too. Fellas are seriously outnumbered by girls in most cities. It's not the norm for girls to chat guys up. Those two things work in your favour.

You should never tolerate girls being rude to you when you try and chat them up. As long as you are not sleazy or out of your mind drunk you are doing nothing wrong. All they have to say is that they are not interested. If they are rude then don't take it too seriously and move on. It's their problem, not yours. By making a big deal of it you are playing into their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

First off, dont even bother reading the rest, unless you're totally commited to changing your ways. If you want to piss and moan and say i cant do this, then fine - you will never do it

I read "The Game". Its a good read, but thats all. Saying the things he said to girls will not get you a girl. Definitely read it though.

What you say doesnt really matter at all. The message you get across to a person is broken down into something like 50% Body language, 40% Tone of voice, 10% spoken words.

You're problem is not what you say as such, its more what you do and when you do it.
    And thats why you have no problem scoring with girls you dont fancy. You're laid back, Mr cool with them, and they love it. You're a bumbling idiot when a hot bird comes along.
    Welcome to the club dude. Every guy is the same.

Now one thing to remember, girls are different to guys in what they look for in the opposite sex. Guys go purely on looks. Sorry gal's but for the most part its true. Girls go for personality, coolness, social status. They go for the Alpha Male, the leader of the pack. So 6'2, athletic means nothing if you havent got the status to go with it.

Girls want what they cant have (thats a very simple way of putting it). Thats why the girls you dont like, want you.

Now im not saying you have to go out and be centre of attention. Thats not it at all. But you have to be cool, you have to have High Value socially.

You get high value, by being a cool guy that everyone knows and likes. Even if you dont know them, say a few words to everyone you pass in a pub. Then later you can salute and laugh about something with them. Girls see this, whether they want to admit it or not. All of a sudden, the hot girl is interested in you. Lead the men, and the women follow

Then you have a conversation. Display more value to her thorugh some stories about yourself. Dont just make sh1t up though. Actually have an interesting life too. Take up cool hobbies

Have a read of this man
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213606

Seem interested in her, IF and ONLY IF she deserves to be interested in. Girls are hardwired to spot a bull$hitter a mile off. If you go in and tell her she's cool without her earning it, then you gone man. And women are like a 20 level computer game with no save option. If you fvck up once , you gotta go back to the start all over again.

And one last thing,

Good luck dude!

ballooba wrote: »
    A good thing to remember is that it's difficult for girls too. Fellas are seriously outnumbered by girls in most cities. It's not the norm for girls to chat guys up. Those two things work in your favour.

You should never tolerate girls being rude to you when you try and chat them up. As long as you are not sleazy or out of your mind drunk you are doing nothing wrong. All they have to say is that they are not interested. If they are rude then don't take it too seriously and move on. It's their problem, not yours. By making a big deal of it you are playing into their hands.

Cool man, id love to live in your city!

My opinion is if a girl is rude, its always my fault. Its because i didnt do something right previously. Its because i interrupted a deep conversation with her friend. Its because i burst in to talk to her. Whatever, its always my fault, and i always learn from my mistakes. I dont make the same one twice.

Another thing is girls have sh1t tests. They can be anything from being rude, to saying they have a boyfriend when they dont, to blanking you. These tests are there to get rid of boring, loser guys who annoy them. You've got to pass these tests. Every single one.
    Remember that most hot girls get 100s of guys coming up to them every weekend since they were 17.
    They have nothing personal against you, these are knee jerk reactions.

One last thing, dont be afraid to walk away from a girl, after a polite "Nice to meet you", if things arent going your way. You have to master your own Body language as well as that of others. If you can read hers and its telling you to "FVCK OFF", then get outta there with as much of your pride intact as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 81,995 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

slemons wrote: »
    You get high value, by being a cool guy that everyone knows and likes. Even if you dont know them, say a few words to everyone you pass in a pub. Then later you can salute and laugh about something with them. Girls see this, whether they want to admit it or not. All of a sudden, the hot girl is interested in you. Lead the men, and the women follow

So true.

Oh there you are!

Stranger: Do I know you?

No! But thats where you are: youre there!

:)

some lads i know from tae kwon do play the game; you can see them travelling down the club talking to everyone 'This is the guy! This is the guy!' Its fun to watch :p

EDIT: having said that The Game seems... I dunno: shallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Cool man, id love to live in your city!
    If you live in Dublin you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

t's a deeply buried psychological thing at this stage and it's adding to my already depressed state.

I probably should have mentioned that I have been diagnosed with a fairly serious form of depression that I'm only recently getting some help with. That said I really appreciate all of the advice and I won't let that stand in the way of following through on some of your suggestions. Honestly though sometimes I think they can smell the fear from me which I know would be deeply off-putting to any girls...:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

slemons wrote:
    Girls want what they cant have (thats a very simple way of putting it). Thats why the girls you dont like, want you.
    Pretty much. Mainly because it's a sellers market. Women, especially attractive women(though even unattractive women) are used to being the prize, turning the tables throws them.

The rest of your post has a lot of merit. Of course it has to be a generalisation and is more true with younger women. What will attract a woman in her late teens is not the same as what will attract her in her late twenties and again in her late thirties. To put in similar terms to yours, the older they get the more beta they want to settle down with.

Very true about what you referred to as shít tests. They pull that stuff in relationships too. One of the biggest ones is random irrational behaviour. She's subconciously checking out how you react to emotional outbursts. When you build up enough failures they start to lose interest and that's where you find out you're dumped.:D
    coolbeans wrote:
    it's a deeply buried psychological thing at this stage and it's adding to my already depressed state.

I probably should have mentioned that I have been diagnosed with a fairly serious form of depression that I'm only recently getting some help with
    That would be a lot of it. The sooner you get help for that and yourself in general, the more luck you will have. I know that women who are obviously depressive put me off, I would suspect the same, if not more so, for women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Girls have made their mind up about you a good 5 seconds before you open your mouth.

Check out www.Charismaarts.com they are a little more normal than a lot of the others out their when it comes to social interaction help.

Someone once told me. You're already not fcuking her'

It's true you've nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I read "The Game". Its a good read, but thats all. Saying the things he said to girls will not get you a girl. Definitely read it though.

Beg to differ there, I read "the game" over x-mass and went out the night I finished it and tried out all the lines in it and pulled a cracker. Simple really

Beg to differ there, I read "the game" over x-mass and went out the night I finished it and tried out all the lines in it and pulled a cracker. Simple really

Apologies man, I meant to say :
    Just saying the things he said to girls will not get you a girl.

Im guessing you already had a lot of this stuff down, you're cool, good body language etc and having these "canned lines", just gave you the little bit of extra confidence to get you over the line with a cracker that you might not have approached before.
    Either way, hats off to you man!

Ive tried the lines and routines myself, and they work upto a point, but it left me feeling dirty inside the more i used them. Plus any little chink in my armour and the girls spot a fake immediately

Now, im no casanova at all, but my opinion is that it really doesnt matter much what you say.
    Its about initially being non-threatening, then showing your value discretely, be interested in her if she deserves it, and finally going in for the kill.

These are things i knew myself deep down, from years of expierence, but to see it laid out in a book opened my eyes.

The act of becoming "aware" of these things, enables you to just listen to what you already know to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

Apologies man, I meant to say :
    Just saying the things he said to girls will not get you a girl.

Im guessing you already had a lot of this stuff down, you're cool, good body language etc and having these "canned lines", just gave you the little bit of extra confidence to get you over the line with a cracker that you might not have approached before.
    Either way, hats off to you man!

Ive tried the lines and routines myself, and they work upto a point, but it left me feeling dirty inside the more i used them. Plus any little chink in my armour and the girls spot a fake immediately

Now, im no casanova at all, but my opinion is that it really doesnt matter much what you say.
    Its about initially being non-threatening, then showing your value discretely, be interested in her if she deserves it, and finally going in for the kill.

These are things i knew myself deep down, from years of expierence, but to see it laid out in a book opened my eyes.

The act of becoming "aware" of these things, enables you to just listen to what you already know to be true

As a lady myself.... I agree with the above!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think this is the crux of the matter. Now this is of course a generalisation, but I think that most men, especially younger men or those who just got lucky at a young age, have no real clue about how women in general act or signal interest or disinterest. They also don't know what women are looking for or want.

Women themselves are unhelpfully vague about it too. Especially younger women. I would go so far as to say, that women friends are by far the worst people to ask for advice on attracting other women. Good for clothes shopping though and style tips though.:D

The media tells men that if they act a certain way they will attract women. The "just be yourself" and be a "nice" guy and it'll be all good. Those two phrases are utterly useless and although said in the nicest spirit possible, usually by women, will rarely help. If just being themselves worked we wouldn't have the situation where week after week blokes come on here with the same old story; "I'm a nice guy, why can't I get a girlfriend", "why do the bastards always get the women" "I was a nice guy, why did my girlfriend leave me" etc. In the last month alone I think I've read three in this vein.

All I can tell you is what I have found. Now trust me I'm no lothario, not by a long shot. I'm just as likely to walk into a brothel with a million quid in my pocket and come out sucking my thumb.:D There are a few things I've noticed though. I'll probably get roasted for this. :s:D and it's a long one(leave it.....)

Desperation. Women don't like it. Full stop. End of. If they smell that, you're dead in the water.

Trying to prove yourself. Especially to one particular woman who doesn't return it, or doesn't return it equally. This includes girlfriends. Sooner or later you'll be dumped for someone who is more together and expects respect for his feelings and opinions.

Being over emotional. Especially too early. Kiss of death that one. Over reacting emotionally, with tears or anger or jealousy will also slowly but surely distance women. Many women will say about themselves that they're a bit flaky, they don't want a partner the same. It's all about balance.

The seemingly opposite of this, not listening. Big one. Too many guys talk and talk and talk about themselves. Usually about how bloody brilliant they are and how big their social, career and money mickey is. She won't believe it. Give her a chance to talk. You just might learn something. It shocks many women when you do actually listen and you risk not being able to shut her up:D. Now listening is not about letting her talk while you sit back waiting for a break in her train of thought so you can jump in with something witty.

Following on from that and this is very important in relationships. Actions speak louder than words. Read and re read that. People will be more impressed if you talk about doing 2 things and actually do 3 things, than they will be if you talk about 10 and actually do 6. Strange but true, especially with women. Consistency is king.

Being their "friend" first. Not good. Very rarely works. You've set yourself up for failure. You must be her friend to have a good relationship, but that must build after you are in a sexual/BF/GF relationship.

Do not be a shoulder to cry on, unless other parts of your anatomy are involved. Of course if she's actually your mate and you're not interested in her sexually then that's cool.

Following on from that, let her know what you're looking for from her. She's not a mind reader and if you're acting like a friend that's the t shirt you'll be stuck wearing and the chances of you removing it and doin the beast with two backs with her anytime soon are slim to none.

Not being fun. Everyone like to have a laugh. If you're a black cloud all of the time, you're not getting action, unless she's equally depressive and wants to cure you. That novelty will pass.

Women like and want sex just as much and sometimes more than you do. Big shock to some men. She's not boning you out of charity. Learn about how to put the wind up her skirt and get and keep her going. If you help a woman to orgasm every time shes with you and listen and you make her laugh and you let her fúck up yet she knows you're there for her, when she needs that, then she'll not want to try it on with some unknown quantity elsewhere.

Be interesting. Have a life basically. Have a life that you would want to be a part of. Do not put her in the position of being your only outlet. It's not a nice place to be and sooner or later she will get bored and seek a change.

To that end, join a gym, expand your intellectual horizons, change your style. If you're shy, it is in your power to change or at least reduce it. It's not a mental condition in most cases. It's social anxiety and anxieties are most easily cured by exposing yourself to the source of the anxiety. So get out there and practice it until you become what you want to be. Do things that you may be scared of. Get out of your comfort zone. If that worked for you by now you wouldn't be crying into your pint on a Saturday night.

As a bloke you have one big advantage over women. Looks are not as important. They have a part to play certainly, but it's more a part of the package than it is for women, who are way more judged on how they look. Be thankful for that.

You will fail at this sometimes. Indeed you will fúck up to almost laughable proportions. If you don't you're probably not working at it enough. Accept failure as part of growth.

A relationship won't "cure" you(women are as, if not more guilty of this in fairness, so this really goes for both). Be happy with your own life, on your own. If you're not, what hope have you got making someone else happy. The caveat of course is don't look for a woman you can cure. there are enough emotional wrecks in both genders, try to avoid. You won't cure them and if by some miracle you do, she'll up and leave you with her new found balance. She won't want to be reminded of how much of a looper she was once.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. Big one this. That woman you're crazy about from afar? I guarantee that her current boyfriend or ones before him have been bored senseless by her. Try to talk to other women. There are a few billion of them out there. Even the biggest gimp has the odds in his favour. Shít I've a face like a bag of arses and a body that would have Bob Geldof organising gigs and I've gotten lucky. Nuf said.

You have to make the move and do it fairly early on. Be flirtatious. Make it clear you're interested. If you're dribbling on her shoulder while addressing all your conversation at her breasts, you're probably being too flirtatious though....

Women can be found all over the place. Not just at last orders in Slapper Face Jacks. You could meet the woman of your dreams anywhere.

First and foremost treat yourself with respect and expect the same from others. Women respond to this for obvious reasons. If you respect yourself, then you're going to respect her and others. Also if you respect yourself, it shows that you place a value on yourself and are confident in who you are and what you have to offer. This ups your currency with people in general and women in particular. This is why bastards appear to get more women. They give the impression of confidence and value. This is why a lot of women go through the bad boy phase. They don't want to go out with a prick, but they're more appealing at least initially than "nice guys".

Again I will say actions speak louder than words. If a woman tells you she's got a boyfriend, she's not into a relationship at the moment, or she is evasive about seeing you again and she demonstrates this by making things difficult or putting barriers in the way. Take the hint. Be polite and move on. If you're a well balanced confident guy with a pretty decent life who doesn't need a relationship, you won't be the type to keep beating a dead horse. If you do it shows that you're not that confident. If she's interested then you'll know about it. She'll show you, by being obviously interested. If she's not interested then fine. That's her choice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Apologies for the length of the above. I await the flames and corrections.... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

wow, thats a good post. its should be stickied or put on the biki or something.

That's one hell of a post. I agree with almost all of it too. Not sure about the friends bit though. I've known lots of people who've had successful relationships that initially started out as purely platonic.
    All the same though you've made a hell of a lot of good points and I appreciate the time and effort it took you to make them. :)

That's one hell of a post.
    Cheers for the thumbs up. I agree with almost all of it too.
    Not sure about the friends bit though. I've known lots of people who've had successful relationships that initially started out as purely platonic.
    It happens, but it's rare, especially in people under 30 or older who may be more measured emotionally in what they want. IMHO, I would say in most of the cases where it works, the woman in the equation was attracted to the guy and hung around long enough for him to make a move.

The situations where there was no attraction on the woman's part and then one day she woke up and went "Wow! I want to have his babies" is defo a minority and an exception that proves the rule.

I would reckon that women make the decision about whether they find a guy attractive very very quickly and put him in the yes or no category accordingly. Unless you disappear and come back a whole new man it's hard to hop from one category to the other.

I would also say examples of that are used by guys to justify hanging out with a woman hoping to get lucky someday. That's also a bit creepy and manipulative on the man's side as he's got hidden motives. Which of course women who have had to deal with that since puberty can spot a mile off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

I can hardly think of anything to say half the time. The rest of the time I just end up going into paranoid mode and come across as, well, a little weird and lacking in confidence.

There you go. You are trying to think too hard of witty things to say. Every guy believes that women want a 'Wilde' man. But the crux is not to try this when you are out on a night but to build up skill in everyday situations.

Women need to have there mind f*cked 1st. So talk about something you know well and is genuinely interesting. The next time you are stuck in a coffee queue strike up a conversation based on content, whatever you are reading in the newspaper which she is reading over/under your shoulder. You'll project confidence and girl won't think that you are talking to her as a mark but as a person that happens to be there. If you can get a girl to laugh when her armour is off (lunch time on a wet Wednesday) then she'll wave you over went she sees you in the pub.

With enough practice you'll turn your "topic" confidence into a general confidence with women you used to find intimidatingly attractive. And along the way you'll figure out all the hidden tells. The key is practice in an environment in which you are comfortable, not a pub 20 minutes before closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Maybe, i'm being very naive here.
    Is this social analysing really helpful? I mean it's all pretty accurate but do you really want to play the game your whole life?
    Mr.Nice guy works fine for me, not that I'm beating them off or anything.
    Sure, there are guys out there, scoring many and hotter women than I do or maybe ever will and fair ****s to them, I don't give a sh1t, even if they are bastards or whatever.
    If I'm out and i see someone I like, I might talk to them.If I get a load of bs from her i.e. these test you refer to, well fine then it's not my problem, i'm really not gonna spend an hour of my life doing some ridiculous show and dance to score some bird.Having said that I've always prefered a friend of a friend scenario, where you can relax and actually enjoy a comfortable conversation.TBH, when I conciously am trying to sell myself, even in a subtle way,I've often found myself getting embarrased, even if i know she doesn't notice, I realise,''What the hell am I doing,this girl is either an idiot or thinks I'm an idiot either way I'm an idiot''.

I really don't need to prove myself to me or anyone else, if I try and get with someone, I'll do it for fun or because their interesting.Don't be a god damn fake like everyone else, just relax and see the bigger picture.

However, if you just want to get your hole go forth and sell it.

"However, if you just want to get your hole go forth and sell it."

Don't really wanna 'get my hole' to be honest. I think I may have left the impression that I've never had a girlfriend but that's not true at all. One night stands don't do it for me either; I wish they did but no. For some reason I end up feeling like it wasn't worth the effort and it just leaves me feeling empty (can't beat a good cliche :(). I dunno. The whole club/pub scene really demoralises me for a number of reasons. I hate the pressure to which I've alluded to already.
    You can't have a conversation because the music, usually crap, is far too loud...I'm not going to even complete this diatribe because I feel so confused. Gay and a cop-out I know but when one goes searching for answers and can't find 'em.................................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the trouble with most people in this siuation is they just sort of, dont know what to say.

think of some conversation pieces. 3 or 4.

once you actually start talking, other stuff will follow, but just try and have a couple of things you think you can say to get stuf rolling. seriously, its not that hard.

anything, the clothes shes wearing (their nice, where did you get them, oh, my sister shops there etc), the weather (oh its hot/cold/usual/changeabe, i hope its better tomorrow, i love the rain, you do too, how about pina coladas? hahaha funny joke etc)
    who are you here with (those are your friends, they seem nice, and the boyfriend, oh your single, really, i wouldnt have thought that, whats wrong with you, are you a psycho, hahaha, only joking, fanc a beer/coffee, rohypnol laced beverage of your choice?)

seriously, its really easy. couple of things to say to et a conversation started, thats all you need.

but most importantly, when they speak, listen. and just follow up with qestions about what they say. and actually be interested instead fo trying to fumble for the next thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

There's always the internet.

pisslips wrote: »
    Is this social analysing really helpful? I mean it's all pretty accurate but do you really want to play the game your whole life?
    Mr.Nice guy works fine for me, not that I'm beating them off or anything.
    Sure, there are guys out there, scoring many and hotter women than I do or maybe ever will and fair ****s to them, I don't give a sh1t, even if they are bastards or whatever.
    If I'm out and i see someone I like, I might talk to them.If I get a load of bs from her i.e. these test you refer to, well fine then it's not my problem, i'm really not gonna spend an hour of my life doing some ridiculous show and dance to score some bird.Having said that I've always prefered a friend of a friend scenario, where you can relax and actually enjoy a comfortable conversation.TBH, when I conciously am trying to sell myself, even in a subtle way,I've often found myself getting embarrased, even if i know she doesn't notice, I realise,''What the hell am I doing,this girl is either an idiot or thinks I'm an idiot either way I'm an idiot''.

I really don't need to prove myself to me or anyone else, if I try and get with someone, I'll do it for fun or because their interesting.Don't be a god damn fake like everyone else, just relax and see the bigger picture.
    Your mising the point in one way and hitting the nail on the head in another.

You've described exactly how to go about getting with women in a social setting. You in your own words have nothing to prove to yourself or others, so you have confidence which will come across. You won't take shít from some random women, so if she likes you fine, if she doesn't equally fine. You probably tick most of the boxes in that long winded post of mine.

You're actually a good example of what women describe as a "nice" guy. What some men think is a nice guy is the polar opposite. It's all about the definitions

The problem is what comes naturally to you is not clicking with these guys. It doesn't come to them naturally and they either haven't learned this over time, or get confused by what they're told they should act like. You being yourself is attractive, them being themselves is clearly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

"However, if you just want to get your hole go forth and sell it."

Don't really wanna 'get my hole' to be honest. I think I may have left the impression that I've never had a girlfriend but that's not true at all. One night stands don't do it for me either; I wish they did but no. For some reason I end up feeling like it wasn't worth the effort and it just leaves me feeling empty (can't beat a good cliche :(). I dunno. The whole club/pub scene really demoralises me for a number of reasons. I hate the pressure to which I've alluded to already.
    You can't have a conversation because the music, usually crap, is far too loud...I'm not going to even complete this diatribe because I feel so confused. Gay and a cop-out I know but when one goes searching for answers and can't find 'em.................................

Hey, the club scene is a load of **** for picking up women unless you go there with one.Pubs are fine but I think it's a bad idea to go up to some girl feeling 'pressured'.Also, it's much easier, by far, to meet a friend of a friend.First of all, she knows that your a sound,trustworthy guy from the off and it's nice to have friend's there to break up the conversation and help you out.You obviously would feel nervous confronted with the task of talking one to one with a complete stranger, who's judging you like prize livestock.It's not natural, it's forced. What is natural and much easier, is meeting a girl who's just outside your social network.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

pisslips wrote: »

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I mean, why try to prove yourself to someone you've only known a few minutes? Enjoy the night out, talk to people you meet, maybe get some numbers (and save the whole 'proving yourself' bit for job interviews!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wilba

Hi everyone,

Is it cool to get some advice from this thread as I find a lot of what is being said here rellevant (I'm sure other people would agree too) and is kinda what I'm going through at the moment.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wilba

Anyone??

Advertisement