Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4s style

Options
  • 08-10-2007 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

im trying to change my look, im trying to go a bit d4ish and then also my own style,what d4 clothes can i wear all the time and wher can i get them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why not just go fully with your own style? For your own sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

why would you want to look d4 if you dont even know what they look like? plus its impossible to be d4 and have a personal style its like saying you want a slice of bread while having it in liquid form.
    go to topshop buy plain jumpers, go to BT2 and buy plain/boring (yet expensive) clothes and add "natural" highlights

Are you a boy or a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

please do not feed the troll!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sparkle21

Are you a boy or a girl?
    im a girl,i do know what they look like,exept i dont want to go TOOOOOO d4 extreme only a lil bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wearing sunglasses on top of your head on a cloudy day is a good start.:)

Sparkle21 wrote:
    im a girl,i do know what they look like,exept i dont want to go TOOOOOO d4 extreme only a lil bit!
    OK.Dubes are the basis of the d4 outfit.So buy a pair of (pink ones!:D )
    Buy Abercrombie,Ralph Lauren,Armani,American Eagle,basically any youth orientated brand that comes from Australia or the US.
    Have the hair all tossed around the place,that just goit of bed messy look even you know they spent hours getting it that way.
    Oh and of course you have to have the large hangover glasses.

Just noticed that you live in Blackrock.I don't think you will have any problem figuring out the look.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Have the hair all tossed around the place,that just goit of bed messy look even you know they spent hours getting it that way.

Kinda have to laugh at that - I really don't get why they obviously spend a lot of time doing their hair like that when it just looks a mess !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,759 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Don't forget the obligatory Lucozade-esque tan to act as a backlight for the Hilfiger polo shirt with up-turned collar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

giggles wrote:
    Kinda have to laugh at that - I really don't get why they obviously spend a lot of time doing their hair like that when it just looks a mess !
    to make it look like they didnt try?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fake tan, eyeliner, mascara, pale lipstick or concealer on lips. Long Abercrombie tops, skinny jeans, Ugg boots. Volumised hair that's been straightened.
    Don't listen to other people, if you want to look like that, go for it. It's a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Pythia wrote:
    Don't listen to other people, if you want to look like that, go for it. It's a good look!

>_<

Apart from the fake tan, uggs and must have branded top, yeah, it can look ok, only on some girls though, some girls just look sad sporting the look though. But you should aim to choose a style that is just you and not just copying others who are copying others. There's plenty of choices for girls with regards clothes, choose something that suits you and you're comfortable with. What's going to happen when the "D4 look" changes? Will you be stuck in the current look or desperately trying to keep up with the look? If you have your own look you can just stick to that and change it when YOU want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Guys, she asked for info on a particular look and how to get it, not your opinions on it. It's just like the Uggs and Dubes threads. Lay off.

one question, what are dubes? keep seeing them mentioned??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Dubarry sailing shoes, to be worn while on a boat.

Over priced trash.

Pythia wrote:
    Guys, she asked for info on a particular look and how to get it, not your opinions on it. It's just like the Uggs and Dubes threads. Lay off.

It's all part of the look though, I'm sure she'd like to hear opinions on the look too, and it's pretty inevitable she'll get opinions on boards :p

3197%2520.jpg
    Playgirl, that's what dubes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Now i know why the "D4's" look like they try too hard....

cormie wrote:
    3197%2520.jpg
    Playgirl, that's what dubes are.
    i liked it better when i didnt know :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why do those girls have hair that looks like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards? It looks AWFUL.

They obviously spend ages putting on all that makeup and doing their hair, and then they go out in O'Neills tracksuit bottoms with Dubes or Uggs, and a horrible oul v-neck top.

Gross look imo. And everyone looks at these people and thinks 'd*ckhead.'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24126.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24122.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24121.jpg
    90086701.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

D4 it's not a look, it's an attitude. :cool:

Why on earth would you WANT to go for a D4 "look" it isn't even D4 it's D4 taken off cali/bay area idiots they see.

Wear what looks/feels good on you and suits your figure etc.

You want to wear clothes that makes you stand out as the second most hated people in the country only second to "shiney tracksuit/nike air max wearing hand bag robbing car stealing scumbag skangers"

WHY?!?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i see the proles are getting flustered by the d4 image again :rolleyes:

viva affluence

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

viva affluence

People who take Ross O'Carroll Kelly books literally need to die a horrible death. Get out of the gene pool plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

why would you want to look d4 if you dont even know what they look like?

Hallowe'en is approaching.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

eth0_ wrote:
    People who take Ross O'Carroll Kelly books literally need to die a horrible death. Get out of the gene pool plz.

Yeah but you try explaining the concept of irony to them? It's like reading Nietzsche to a dog.

biko wrote:
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24126.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24122.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24121.jpg
    90086701.jpg
    That isn't the d4 look!:p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That isn't the d4 look!:p
    It's the OC look, which is the same thing.

A guy in work, a former Michael's boy, recorded audio of his 3 year old daughter exclaiming "Affluence! Affluence!" over and over again. Good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

call into ucd (esp the arts block) and have a gander around
    should pick up some tips there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement