Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna Flash!

Options
  • 27-01-2000 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Create a clean boot disk & put the bios image and flash exe onto it.

Read all the readmes too!!

smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

K lads anyone give me a few tips on flashing the bios on a mobo, read something about doing a reboot without any TSR's first, what's all that about.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

I just bypass startup files, then
    start up awdflash or whatever the program
    is called and type in the filename

ok thank's, got that sorted now. SB Live is givin me probs now, I've heard that others had probs with this card I tried messin with the irq's etc but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Do a hardware clear of your CMOS (Should be jumper on the MBD). This is always a good thing to do after a BIOS upgrade (Don't worry, it only affects the NV-Ram , Settings etc., not the actual upgraded code itself).

When you say you played with the IRQs for the live. How did you do it?
    PCI cards are given their IRQ's by the BIOS, so changing it in Windows is a no-no. If you're having trouble with it it might be on a shared slot (ie. the AGP/USB could be using the same IRQ assigned to the slot), this is a physical layout problem. Check your manual for a non-shared slot and put the Live in there (Some cards are fine in shared slots , eg. Voodoo2's since they dont use IRQ's- others arent (SbLIves being a classic example)).
    Usually Slot 2,3 (In a 4Pci Sys) or 3,4 (5 PCI)are not shared.
    After moving the card you should clear the CMOS again, or use the RESET/CLEAR NVRAM DATA option in the BIOS (If you have it), just to be sure.

Fun Fun Fun

Na I changed the IRQ's in the bios, there was one shared slot and i stayed away from that + there's about 6 irq's that are reserved for other stuff. Anyway I messed about with the bios again bout an hour ago and got it runnin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement