Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

o1s1n wrote: »
    HAHAHA ah god, which one of you hilarious bastards is A1 Skip hire??? :D:D:D

a1-skip-hire.jpg
    Tempted to set up an account called Thortons!

b2the.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Seller 'Andrew1968'

:eek:

I think Andrew76 may have a nemesis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So,
    What do you do when you own the following?
    An AliExpress special Pandoras Box/Arcade Stick? €200
    A flat panel telly? €250
    Some MDF? €50
    And lots of black duck tape? €10

You make something out of it that's arcade shaped and try to flog it for nearly two grand! (€1800)

http://www.adverts.ie/20747918

They even show a close up of the black tape, very proud of the tape this seller is, very proud indeed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So,
    What do you do when you own the following?
    An AliExpress special Pandoras Box/Arcade Stick? €200
    A flat panel telly? €250
    Some MDF? €50
    And lots of black duck tape? €10

You make something out of it that's arcade shaped and try to flog it for nearly two grand! (€1800)

http://www.adverts.ie/20747918

They even show a close up of the black tape, very proud of the tape this seller is, very proud indeed...

I seen that ad a few days ago, i was very curious about the tape haha, i asked for more pics of the back and side, looks absolutely awful. Oh and its plywood as he described it, not the luxury of MDF there haha

plywood for life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It has sky sports apparently ;)

eddhorse wrote: »
    It has sky sports apparently ;)

Also all worldwide TV movies vood (whatever vood is)

A bargain at 1800....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

vood you buy it? vood I fúck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Also all worldwide TV movies vood (whatever vood is)

A bargain at 1800....:rolleyes:

Vood is a synthetic wood substitute developed in Ballybrack in 1999, virtual wood = "vood"

It has all the negatives of wood such as being inflammable, but with the added factors of less strength and less durability.

A challenge to the patent was brought before the European Court almost immediately by Gorilla Tape, who claimed that "vood" was actually just Gorilla Tape folded over itself many times.

A third litigant entered the legal battle, a giant ape who counter-claimed against Gorilla Tape on the grounds that no gorillas were used in the production of, or benefitted from, Gorilla Tape.

Gorilla Tape counter-counter-claimed that apes are in fact not gorillas.

The court threw the case out, with the only remaining piece of vood allowed to remain in Ballybrack. What ever happened to that unused prototype vood remained a much discussed legend, until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Check out this baby for 900 yo-yos: https://www.adverts.ie/20843597

"This is the real deal and not some cheap import, probably the best portable retro console on the market!"

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭phily2002

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Check out this baby for 900 yo-yos: https://www.adverts.ie/20843597

"This is the real deal and not some cheap import, probably the best portable retro console on the market!"

900 quid, what planet is he on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

"No, sorry it is expensive.. only because it was made by a Japanese company in England and all components are of top quality."

Anyone know a Japanese company in England? :S

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can order them from AliExpress, shipped from Spain, for less than €190 with free shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know a Japanese company in England? :S

Superdry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'd say he means he got the joysticks and buttons from ArcadeWorld?

Also this :
    #Aliexpress € 93,66 51%OFF | IYO Pandora Box 9H 3288 Arcade Console USB Joystick Arcade Buttons With Light 2 Players Control Retro 3D Arcade Game Box
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dU9tIDk

H17c7724dabe14aa0bcd57889b5ec39d9Y.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much it, but it uses a Raspberry Pi instead of a Pandora's Box.

Oh, and I'm being threatened now.
    It loses some effect when he says it in an Ardee accent...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty much it, but it uses a Raspberry Pi instead of a Pandora's Box.

Oh, and I'm being threatened now.
    It loses some effect when he says it in an Ardee accent...

Man he's not helping himself at all with his comments back 😂

If he sells that at all now he deserves the ****ing money 😂

I even told him how to block my comments...
    I mean, seriously, even I am feeling sorry for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

"adjustable scaliness" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Someone asked me about that very same set-up before. The company selling them at the time was called tinyarcademachines.com. Funnily enough the description from the site and the seller seem very similar when you compare both.

https://www.tinyarcademachines.com/slimcade-hdmi.html

Someone asked me about that very same set-up before. The company selling them at the time was called tinyarcademachines.com. Funnily enough the description from the site and the seller seem very similar when you compare both.

https://www.tinyarcademachines.com/slimcade-hdmi.html

Looking through that sites FAQs I'd say it's just the same as the Aliexpress devices, even the shipping is listed at £126 to the UK!
    Coming direct from China, I would have to say, which explains why so much of it looks straight from the aforementioned seller.

ohh hang on, hes dropped the price a whole 50 euro. its certainly worth it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Had to comment.

"By the way I will threaten any man that threatens to destroy my legitimate sale"

What a ****ing bell end

dont-make-me-kmmfk6.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Whenever I see an ad starting with the line below or something similar I always wonder does the seller even want to let it go.

Not looking to negotiate on the price on this, if it doesn’t sell it can be added to my own collection, lovely little item.

No I didn't I just had a deal with the wife that if I listed it and it didn't sell by my bithday I could keep it, hence why it's not for sale now and I'm a year older.

mondeo wrote: »
    You wanna be stupid to pay anywhere near 600 for a CD32... Chancer.

again it's not for sale now but the price was for the cd32, the TF upgrade on it and the keyboard which are quite rare to get. Individually you'd pay around 500 pounds for all the items, so 600 Euro wasn't that much of a push. Plus as per my above post, I wasn't hugely keen on selling it. I did get an offer for 580 from one of my regular buyers which I would have sold for would it have gone.

600 was a price that wasn't cheap but could in theory sell for, it was a situation that happens rarely I want to keep something rather than sell, but due to the mountain of stuff the mrs doesn't generally let me add to my collection nowadays unless for some strange reason something doesn't sell :).

I've sold to a few regulars on here ()at prices I've seen listed in the bargain thread) and my prices are usually half way decent unless I know someone would be stupid enough to pay over the odds for something.

I understand the purpose fo this thread, the reason I read it myself, to laugh at the unfortunates, but there is a difference between something way over priced and something you wouldn't personally pay that amount for. There is a big difference between the two.

I'm quoting ebay or amibay prices for the above btw.

• Advertisement

No I didn't I just had a deal with the wife that if I listed it and it didn't sell by my bithday I could keep it, hence why it's not for sale now and I'm a year older.

I was right, exactly what I thought. I take it she didn't get you any new consoles for your birthday so?

Advertisement