Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John O'Donavan from Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

2smiggy wrote: »
    what is his 'disability' ? The social welfare should be having a good hard look at his case. He seems to be well able to get around to all these protests anyway

disability won't always stop someone from getting where they need to go. of course it will be more difficult depending on the disability involved. i wouldn't use going to protests as a measure of disability tbh.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

disability won't always stop someone from getting where they need to go. of course it will be more difficult depending on the disability involved. i wouldn't use going to protests as a measure of disability tbh.

he seems to love talking, and able to get himself around the city with ease. perhaps a call centre job would suit John, 'disability' permitting of course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

I remember he 'fell' into a hole or something while out protesting about water charges ...a further waste more of states(taxpayers) time and money getting an ambulance...sure theres loads more where that came from..but at least his pitiful sense of self importance got a boost..thats all that seems to matter.

2smiggy wrote: »
    he seems to love talking, and able to get himself around the city with ease. perhaps a call centre job would suit John, 'disability' permitting of course ?

you are assuming an employer would employ him. he deserves a chance as much as the next person but we do have to be realistic in terms of the attitude of some if not many employers.
    southstar wrote: »
    I remember he 'fell' into a hole or something while out protesting about water charges ...a further waste more of states(taxpayers) time and money getting an ambulance...sure theres loads more where that came from..but at least his pitiful sense of self importance got a boost..thats all that seems to matter.

i wouldn't be a fan of the man myself and i disagree with him on a number of issues (bar water charges which i completely agree with him on) but one is entitled to protest something they disagree with and if an ambulance was required to take him to hospital then it should be provided. if it wasn't required but provided then that should be investigated.

you are assuming an employer would employ him. he deserves a chance as much as the next person but we do have to be realistic in terms of the attitude of some if not many employers.

i wouldn't be a fan of the man myself and i disagree with him on a number of issues (bar water charges which i completely agree with him on) but one is entitled to protest something they disagree with and if an ambulance was required to take him to hospital then it should be provided. if it wasn't required but provided then that should be investigated.

I'm fairly certain that the ambulance wasn't needed.Its the self righteous indignation thing with this guy that annoys me.Like he has some moral superiority, that his attention seeking nonsence is so feckin worthy.. ..when it seems to me that he's happy to live off the rest of us mugs.

• Advertisement

southstar wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that the ambulance wasn't needed.Its the self righteous indignation thing with this guy that annoys me.Like he has some moral superiority, that his attention seeking nonsence is so feckin worthy.. ..when it seems to me that he's happy to live off the rest of us mugs.

if you have evidence that an ambulance was provided in circumstances in which it shouldn't have been then you need to report it to the relevant authorities so they can investigate the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

if you have evidence that an ambulance was provided in circumstances in which it shouldn't have been then you need to report it to the relevant authorities so they can investigate the issue.
    He claims the Irish water workers knocked him to the ground then played the injured man on the ground and was taken away by ambulance only to be discharged from hospital shortly after. I think we can safely say that there was f all wrong with him other than attention seeking.

Don't be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We finally have a face to put to the name - John O'Donovan from Cork was interviewed on tonight's edition of Liveline Calls Back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

He was Just on with PJ on 96fm trying to be controversial and backing up George Hook.

Also looking for a Pat on the back for not raping and murdering a drunk woman who he picked up one night and dropped home because she put her hand on his cøck.

Christ you couldn't write this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

He was Just on with PJ on 96fm trying to be controversial and backing up George Hook.

Also looking for a Pat on the back for not raping and murdering a drunk woman who he picked up one night and dropped home because she put her hand on his cøck.

Christ you couldn't write this stuff.

Which just goes to show what standard of a scumbag you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

JOD is just one of the many who are supporting Hooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

He's on with PJ again saying the protestors should block the gates to Apple in Hollyhill so they get nothing done.

They must be hard up for callers to have this moron on so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

He's on with PJ again saying the protestors should block the gates to Apple in Hollyhill so they get nothing done.

They must be hard up for callers to have this moron on so often.

Does he not like the new iPhone ?

On 4fm now with Boylan

liam7831 wrote: »
    On 4fm now with Boylan

What's he on about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pilly wrote: »
    What's he on about now?
    the usual ignorant, moronic, lowest-common-denominator nonsense.

oh wait, maybe you meant O'Donavan?

the usual ignorant, moronic, lowest-common-denominator nonsense.

oh wait, maybe you meant O'Donavan?

Yep, I never listen to Boylan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Does this lad just ring in any talk show he can get on. He is on Newstalk now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Seriously he really needs to find another hobby all that ranting on the radio cant be good for his blood pressure or those,who have to listen to him whinge about something or the other constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Does this lad just ring in any talk show he can get on. He is on Newstalk now.

Of course not, they ring him.
    The guy has to be playing it for lolz now at this stage.

He was on 96FM recently when PJ was off and his stand in proclaimed "Ah John you must get mad at everything". He doesn't , just what they tell him too. He fills their shows nicely both by him calling and the reactions to his call.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

Talk shows keep ringing him, when they're stuck or need a **** stirrer. Fact.
    He will go on anyone and talk about anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

See this weirdo protesting in Cork City centre from time to time. Always has his face semi obscured with sunglasses, cap etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Any word from John lately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Just been on Newstalk talking about men and wearing baby slings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

zell12 wrote: »
    Just been on Newstalk talking about men and wearing baby slings

Is that a turn on for John?

On newstalk now, he is a Peter Casey fan

That bum has benefitted from state handouts for years... funny now he's cheerleading for people whose mantra is essentially pay your own way.. But hey this is s clown/tinpot fascist who will take any chance to boost his notions of self importance... I think his new buddies call it virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

liam7831 wrote: »
    On newstalk now, he is a Peter Casey fan

He said on Red Fm that he isnt voting in the Presidential Election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

on Red Fm now, talking about psychics !!

Advertisement