Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Gotya wrote: »
    Thanks, I googled searched, but could only find results from 6-7 years ago and any phone numbers, I got, I'm getting no answer on.

I’ve sent you a PM. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Joe Leahy and Ritchie Molloy are Peace Commissioners - not Commissioners for Oaths

Go to a Solicitor, any Solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Joe Leahy and Ritchie Molloy are Peace Commissioners - not Commissioners for Oaths

Go to a Solicitor, any Solicitor

Don't know about Ritchie but Joe is a Peace Commissioner AND a Commissioner for Oaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Quick question. I’m a dub but my folks come from Clonmel on my mothers side. I was there for Halloween a few years ago and I noticed the kids actually sing or perform on Halloween. Is that still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As far as I am aware John Fitzgerald of Dougan Fitzgerald is a Commissioner For Oaths, there is a plaque on his business premises in Abbey Street to this effect.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Quick question. I’m a dub but my folks come from Clonmel on my mothers side. I was there for Halloween a few years ago and I noticed the kids actually sing or perform on Halloween. Is that still the case?

No, not around me anyway, has died out in the last 3/4 years, it’s all ‘trick or treat’ now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

There does not seem to be any trick part now either. It used to be they would sing a song or do some little act for their treat. and it is all sweets now no apples or nuts.

at home some children used to play snap apple, catching a hanging apple in their mouth and have to retrieve a silver coin from a basin of water with their mouth

i read in paper there are homeless romanians sleeping at the main guard. this it says are in addition to 6 or 7 homeless from the area.

also the teachers in irishtown school want parking permits while the park by the church lies 75% empty. i even heard of people who now go out of town to buy books of stamps as they cannot park to go to post office in irishtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

[QUOTE=Alina High Teacup;105376278]i read in paper there are homeless romanians sleeping at the main guard. this it says are in addition to 6 or 7 homeless from the area.

also the teachers in irishtown school want parking permits while the park by the church lies 75% empty. i even heard of people who now go out of town to buy books of stamps as they cannot park to go to post office in irishtown.[/QUOTE]

Not true, but a paper never refused ink !!

Well Cllr English said romainians sleep at main guard and there are six/seven other homeless. Apparently was on radio last week that homeless can get into in to boarded up houses

• Advertisement

Well Cllr English said romainians sleep at main guard and there are six/seven other homeless. Apparently was on radio last week that homeless can get into in to boarded up houses

Seamus Healey’s sidekick. Has to be true so.

the paper printed it so there must be some truth in it not that it's much of a paper really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

also the teachers in irishtown school want parking permits while the park by the church lies 75% empty. i even heard of people who now go out of town to buy books of stamps as they cannot park to go to post office in irishtown.

Why do the teachers think they are entitled to parking permits but every other worker has to pay for their parking? This sense of entitlement infuriates me.

I don't believe that people are spending money on petrol to travel for stamps when they could spend that money on parking. Plus, there is still parking there for running in and getting stamps, pension, etc, it was the all day worker that they are trying to dissuade from parking in Irishtown I think.

Why do the teachers think they are entitled to parking permits but every other worker has to pay for their parking? This sense of entitlement infuriates me. /quote]. Agree . sense of entitlement reminds me of the farmers. As far as i remember some of the councillors back them but some don't. I cannot see how they would get permits when other worker wouldn't, or how that would be fair. I think their argument is there is no parking inside the schhol grounds.
    The stamp story is true, not just one stamp they bought a few books, no free parking near post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The stamp story is true, not just one stamp they bought a few books, no free parking near post office.

In future, be cheaper for them to buy the stamps online!

buying stamps online is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

If you work in the town centre you can avail of a discounted parking permit for the car parks if you have a letter from your employer. I think it is E30 a month or E1.50 a day for a 5 day week.

Is that not enough for the teachers: to be treated like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Not sure if this was mentioned before but can see this causing havoc . Free parking from 10am to all council owned car parks each saturday in december .

http://clonmelonline.com/2017/11/free-parking-in-clonmel-christmas-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned before but can see this causing havoc . Free parking from 10am to all council owned car parks each saturday in december .

http://clonmelonline.com/2017/11/free-parking-in-clonmel-christmas-2017/

They do this every year and it's a good idea. The from 10 am bit is to (try to) stop workers from parking there all day. It's crazy that people who depend on customers for their livelihood take up parking for said customers all day. I'll never understand it myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Will this include the one at the post office for poor lads to to get their stamps :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

They do this every year and it's a good idea. The from 10 am bit is to (try to) stop workers from parking there all day. It's crazy that people who depend on customers for their livelihood take up parking for said customers all day. I'll never understand it myself...

All the workers have to do is pay for the first hour 9-10 and then the free parking bit kicks in. That's what most of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    All the workers have to do is pay for the first hour 9-10 and then the free parking bit kicks in. That's what most of them do.

Of course they do :D

What they have done in Nenagh is make it two hours' free every Saturday. That sorts out the messing!

Will this include the one at the post office for poor lads to to get their stamps :-)
    if it is annually they can get a years worth of stamps :-)

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    If you work in the town centre you can avail of a discounted parking permit for the car parks if you have a letter from your employer. I think it is E30 a month or E1.50 a day for a 5 day week.

Is that not enough for the teachers: to be treated like everyone else.
    and the teachers want a completey free permit i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Does anyone know how much of the river towpath is open at this stage?

Thinking of cycling it from Clonmel down as close to Carrick as I can get (on a mountain bike) while I'm down home at Christmas.

Disgraceful waste of public money. I have to say that the calendars fit on the fridge grand....once all the vital information is cut off. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealed-two-tds-used-dil-facilities-to-print-more-than-100000-calendars-for-constituents-36422598.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

This is sickening:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/councillor-reduced-to-tears-in-field-of-dead-horses-and-a-starving-foal-36423557.html

When are the Council going to get off their collective holes and start taking horses away that are left in fields and in the side of the road. Do they really fear the ethnic minority that own them that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

F34 wrote: »
    This is sickening:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/councillor-reduced-to-tears-in-field-of-dead-horses-and-a-starving-foal-36423557.html

When are the Council going to get off their collective holes and start taking horses away that are left in fields and in the side of the road. Do they really fear the ethnic minority that own them that much?

Looking at the posts on Facebook apparently this has been going on for months and has been reported to the council several times but nothing was done. Now that it is in the papers the Cllrs are falling over themselves to be seen to care. That SF wan must have put on the best act with tears and all to get a full article all to herself. Who knows. Maybe she really does care. Or maybe now that her harrowing experience is in the public record she'll charge the council for PTSD counseling "expenses". I know which one I think is most likely.

And I bet you Pavee point won't be available for any radio interviews on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

F34 wrote: »
    This is sickening:

If these horses are kept in private fields( a lot of time with the blessing of the owner) then the Council have no role to play, in fact it would be illegal for the Council to trespass on private land.
    If horses are kept on the side of the road then the Council can seize them, and have done so on numerous occasions. The owner then needs to pay a hefty price to get them back, but all the horses in the current incident were on private land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Vizzy wrote: »
    If these horses are kept in private fields( a lot of time with the blessing of the owner) then the Council have no role to play, in fact it would be illegal for the Council to trespass on private land.
    If horses are kept on the side of the road then the Council can seize them, and have done so on numerous occasions. The owner then needs to pay a hefty price to get them back, but all the horses in the current incident were on private land.

But if it was brought to their attention as it apparently it may have been, don't they have, at least a moral obligation to bring it to the attention of the relevant authorities as all of us do.

Surely it's not acceptable to have knowledge of this unfortunate situation and not act on it.

Advertisement