Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Every time Irvin opens his mouth, I picture him trying to open his younger team-mate's neck with a scissors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Condensed version of the KC/P game was up by 6:25 this morning which was good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

FYI, I kept hounding the help desk in relation to the Raiders/Texans debacle and I think they got so fed up of me that today they gave me a £7 refund.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Fortunately I'd watched the first one and a half games live but there was a major spoiler splashed over the main page of the app when I logged in to watch the second half of the AFC Championship match this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

Anyone know if the commercials and half time show will be on game pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Half time show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yep, it's the exact same as shown on FOX in America except you don't get local ads. gamepass show some crappy montage, usually JJ Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You can probably watch all the ads on youtube already. For bizarre reasons best known to American marketing people, Super Bowl ads are no longer just ads, they're events, and they get premiered in advance of the Super bowl these days, somewhat undermining the sense of the "event". I don't know why any of this is the case. Anyway, most of them are viewable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I hope the pre-match stuff is on the Gamepass stream. They normally cut in a minute or so before kickoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Lads, how much was a season pass last year & for how many games?

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    Lads, how much was a season pass last year & for how many games?

€179.99 for the whole season and all games and NFL network stream and total access and a lot of the back catalogue. Also the playoffs and Super Bowl wasn't blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    €179.99 for the whole season and all games and NFL network stream and total access and a lot of the back catalogue. Also the playoffs and Super Bowl wasn't blacked out.

Great, thanks, Itssoeasy, that's all 256 games plus the super bowl & then anything extra. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

OU812 wrote: »
    Great, thanks, Itssoeasy, that's all 256 games plus the super bowl & then anything extra. Awesome.

Not all 256 games were available live. Sky has exclusive rights to 2 games every Sunday (a 6pm game and a 9.25pm game) during the regular season. These games were blacked out in gamepass - not available live, nor for replay until 24 hours after the end of the game, I think.

Sky only has exclusive rights to those games in Ireland and UK though ... so if you're on holiday somewhere outside of that region you needn't worry about the blackout ;)

It seems that the gamepass app and the website on NFL.com have been taken down. Nothing is working in any way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems that the gamepass app and the website on NFL.com have been taken down. Nothing is working in any way.

Maybe they're updating it for the new season ahead.

I just tried to open the app and got the message "a new app is coming soon. Please see NFL.com/gamepass for further details".

Says new app available 1/8 on that site. Also gives option for free trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It was announced a couple weeks back, they're revamping the layout of the site.

Didn't realize there would be this much down time though :mad:

€155.99 is this year's price it seems.

It was announced a couple weeks back, they're revamping the layout of the site.

Didn't realize there would be this much down time though :mad:
    Yeah I knew they were revamping the site but shouldn't mean the whole gamepass service should be down until August.

Yeah I knew they were revamping the site but shouldn't mean the whole gamepass service should be down until August.

Still available on desktop apparently (haven't checked but that's what it says on their site).

• Advertisement

When does the sub year run from? I can't remember when I paid last year but if it is gone for another month, are we getting charged for a full year but only getting 11 months?

When does the sub year run from? I can't remember when I paid last year but if it is gone for another month, are we getting charged for a full year but only getting 11 months?

We should have access thru July 31. It's up on the desktop but only last season is up to watch. I will say the desktop site looks much slicker and user friendly.

I believe it's a different company running it this year so who knows what we get.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I believe it's a different company running it this year so who knows what we get.

is that not just the marketing of it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

is that not just the marketing of it?

Yea I thought it was the same company running, surely the NFL doesn't outsource one of their main content options.

A company called Neulion have ran the back-end since Gamepass started. They do MLB Network, WWE Network and others. I believe they've now been 'divorced' by NFL (based on another firm advertising for support roles for Game Pass recently and the fact that if you Google 'Neulion NFL Game Pass' you get linked to 2016 T&Cs referencing Neulion which if click into have had every mention of Neulion now removed).

I don't think the complete overhaul of their apps and interface is a coincidence.

It'll be interesting to see what this year's offering looks like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Price is coming up as €155 for renewal for season plus. Is that the same as we paid last year or less?

Price is coming up as €155 for renewal for season plus. Is that the same as we paid last year or less?

It was something like $180 last year but if you had renewed from the year before they kept it at the previous year's price which was $130 or something.

Where are you guys seeing that price? Was there an email?

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Where are you guys seeing that price? Was there an email?

It's in the FAQs.

Advertisement