Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How soon after a Sunday evening game finishes is it up on Gamepass? I''m out until 8ish tonight and don't know whether to wait an hour or so for the Giants' game to be up or just jump into the fourth quarter when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    How soon after a Sunday evening game finishes is it up on Gamepass? I''m out until 8ish tonight and don't know whether to wait an hour or so for the Giants' game to be up or just jump into the fourth quarter when I get home.
    Nearly as soon as a game finishes the DVR version(ads are included) is up there. The condensed version and full archive versions go up a bit after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

For future reference, you can watch any live game from the start even while it is still on.

Only on PC I believe? I tried to use that option yesterday in the third quarter but the NFL website spoiled the game so I just opened the app on the PS4 and watched from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Only on PC I believe? I tried to use that option yesterday in the third quarter but the NFL website spoiled the game so I just opened the app on the PS4 and watched from there.

There's a gamepass app on PS4 now? Are you based in Ireland?

• Advertisement

It's on the US store only so you need a US account on your PS4 but it only takes a few seconds to do that and once the app is downloaded you can use it on your main account. They've got some pretty cool NFL themes on the US store as well which you can download and use on your Irish account too.

The PS4 app is a slight pain for me as you have to log into it twice nowadays to get it to work but it is my preferred way of catching up on a game because you can skip 20 seconds ahead by tapping the R1 button. Kind of gives you your own way of condensing a game but at your own pace.

7:19am and the condensed version of last nights game isn't up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It is still not up. Well it says it is there, but my Game Pass freezes when I click into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    D9Male wrote: »
    It is still not up. Well it says it is there, but my Game Pass freezes when I click into it.

It was there for me when I checked at around 8:00. Try the old log out/log in again trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I used to have the Audio pass which was good

I have Gamepass now, how do you get the live audio from the team feed on a tablet eg Wayne Larivee and Larry McCarron for Packers games??

Thanks

I'm currently going through a survey about the NFL Gamepass. It's pretty decent actually, they seem to be looking for honest feedback.

They claim to be considering the below new features. Sign me up NOW for the one in bold:
    Social Media Sharing – Share that you are watching a game, share big play highlights, start conversations with friends about the game

eSports access via the NFL Game Pass app

Downloadable Games on Android devices - ability to download one or more games to your Android device to watch without an internet connection

Virtual reality – Immerse yourself in NFL games with a 360 degree view

Local Language Selection – Watch games in your local language

Downloadable Games on Windows devices - ability to download one or more games to your Windows device to watch without an internet connection

I'm currently going through a survey about the NFL Gamepass. It's pretty decent actually, they seem to be looking for honest feedback.

They claim to be considering the below new features. Sign me up NOW for the one in bold:
    Social Media Sharing – Share that you are watching a game, share big play highlights, start conversations with friends about the game

eSports access via the NFL Game Pass app

Downloadable Games on Android devices - ability to download one or more games to your Android device to watch without an internet connection

Virtual reality – Immerse yourself in NFL games with a 360 degree view

Local Language Selection – Watch games in your local language

Downloadable Games on Windows devices - ability to download one or more games to your Windows device to watch without an internet connection

I think the first step they should make is fix the current issues. No point in bringing in fancy new stuff if they still can't get the games uploaded promptly after they finish.

Towards the end of the season, they seemed to have gotten back on their game with the SNF and MNF games but the Thursday ones it could be 10-11am before they appeared for download.

Also, if they're looking for feedback, tell them it'd be great if we could watch on more than one device at a time. Limiting it to the same internet address will stop people from sharing accounts if that's what they're worried about.

We can currently watch on multiple devices. I have one game on my PS4 and one (or Redzone) on my iPad every single week.

The thing about having the games up promptly is difficult because they kinda do get them up promptly. Whether it's 6am or 11am (which seems the range) that's pretty decent. Do they ever commit to having them up within a couple of hours? Maybe they do and I haven't seen it.

Sadly there wasn't an 'any other comments' field or I'd have ranted about the crappy PS4 app needing me to log in twice every single time.

We can currently watch on multiple devices. I have one game on my PS4 and one (or Redzone) on my iPad every single week.

The thing about having the games up promptly is difficult because they kinda do get them up promptly. Whether it's 6am or 11am (which seems the range) that's pretty decent. Do they ever commit to having them up within a couple of hours? Maybe they do and I haven't seen it.

Sadly there wasn't an 'any other comments' field or I'd have ranted about the crappy PS4 app needing me to log in twice every single time.

Maybe allows you on PS4 but I can't watch on computer/ipad and phone. It always throws me out of the first one when I log in with the second.

I have to disagree with your idea of an acceptable range. Actually, maybe it's not the range I'm disappointed with. It's just that last season, almost without fail the night game was available for download before 7am when I leave for work so I could watch it on my commute to work. They just let their standards drop this season (cutbacks in staff maybe?) and it's a premium product so I expect standards to at least stay the same if not approve.

In their support they say that the night games will be available "soon" after their conclusion. Of course this is open to debate of what could be considered soon but if a game finishes at 4:15am or whatever, I don't think 11am is soon. But as I said above, the standard of service on night games got poorer this season and that's my issue. Fix that before giving us stuff like virtual reality.

Just a reminder that the playoffs aren't blacked out on gamepass this year. I got a chromcast for Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

A few things would enhance my viewing experience.

- Ability to watch on multiple devices. I would love to watch Red Zone on my big screen and keep an eye on the Vikings game on my tablet or phone. I won't have Sky Sports next season, so this will be more important.
    - As mentioned above, get the games uploaded earlier
    - Ability to download games onto an Android device. This is probably the most important. I was in a house with no WiFi and patchy mobile coverage over Christmas. If I could have nipped up to my sister-in-law's gaff to download the games on WiFi I would have been a much happier bunny.

Blackouts are a ball ache, but I kind of get why they are there, and appreciate the improvement from last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

For the multiple devices thing you can do in-screen or whatever it's called. When it works it's great, Jets on the main screen and redzone on the little one for during the breaks and you can switch the focus between the 2. I do find it can be patchy though.

hots wrote: »
    For the multiple devices thing you can do in-screen or whatever it's called. When it works it's great, Jets on the main screen and redzone on the little one for during the breaks and you can switch the focus between the 2. I do find it can be patchy though.

I've never tried it with Gamepass so maybe it's different but when I've done this with MLB's streaming service I find there is too much empty space on the screen and the two pictures are too small for my liking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    They are all on sky so you could subscribe to sky or skygo for the month to get them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well the price is on the website so up to you if you want to pay it or not. It's 59.99 for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've never tried it with Gamepass so maybe it's different but when I've done this with MLB's streaming service I find there is too much empty space on the screen and the two pictures are too small for my liking.

I found that for side by side but within window does the job for me, like a little thumbnail at the top right of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Gamepass for Texans/Raiders: "You have no access to this content."

Happening for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Gamepass for Texans/Raiders: "You have no access to this content."

Happening for anyone else?

Yes WTF?

Advertisement