Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    The layout of the unit really didnt help much - it was too wacky :)

The layout?how?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭goochy

How is the new Lyons jaguar and land rover showrooms beside ex Wickes site coming along ? nearly finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

goochy wrote: »
    How is the new Lyons jaguar and land rover showrooms beside ex Wickes site coming along ? nearly finished ?

They kind of missed that Summer opening date a fair bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭goochy

They only started in summer , any way finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

goochy wrote: »
    They only started in summer , any way finished ?

Structure/shell is up. That's about it. The sign did say "Completion Summer 2016" or something similar. I know they started late so easily missed that window. I don't recall seeing work going on there recently though and I pass there every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a terrible looking structure from the outside so far imo. Looks more like one of the units in the retail park next door than a premium car showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bigpink wrote: »
    The layout?how?

Ramp up - small space inside the door, if you were working up the back - you wouldnt have been able to see anyone down the front. Would need a right proper build out I reckon before anyone goes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hope this isn't too off-topic.....what was the Clarion called before it became the Clarion? Or was it always the Clarion?
    Obscure question I know....came up randomly in conversation (in a pub obviously) where nobody was definitely sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hope this isn't too off-topic.....what was the Clarion called before it became the Clarion? Or was it always the Clarion?
    Obscure question I know....came up randomly in conversation (in a pub obviously) where nobody was definitely sure

It was always the Clarion.

It's recently been renamed The Clayton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers - that's what i thought fwiw....another lad was convinced it had been called something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Didn't know Lyons were building a new showroom out there. It will be good to see that space being used - quite the eyesore it has become in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The Polish supermarket by Arthurs Quay Park seems to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

wigsa100 wrote: »
    Didn't know Lyons were building a new showroom out there. It will be good to see that space being used - quite the eyesore it has become in recent years.
    The new showroom is on Lyon's existing site not on the Wickes site.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Parchment wrote: »

Shame! I wonder if Polonez in Roxboro killed it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Parchment wrote: »

Is it definitely gone? i thought it has just closed for Christmas? Always seems to be doing a roaring trade whenever I pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

panda100 wrote: »
    Is it definitely gone? i thought it has just closed for Christmas? Always seems to be doing a roaring trade whenever I pass.

Xmas would be their busiest time. It seems to have closed from what i can see. A few of the Polish shop chains have larger units in the industrial estates/retail parks outside the city. They are always busy so maybe their business wasnt worth keeping in the city centre.

h3000 wrote: »
    The new showroom is on Lyon's existing site not on the Wickes site.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that. The eyesore is there to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

ODIN Strength & Conditioning gym on Unit 3, Parks Yard, St Patrick's RoadsLimerick,
    Anyone know why that closed i saw on the f/book page closed last Fri doesnt say why though. only tnx to people who supported him

ODIN Strength & Conditioning gym on Unit 3, Parks Yard, St Patrick's RoadsLimerick,
    Anyone know why that closed i saw on the f/book page closed last Fri doesnt say why though. only tnx to people who supported him

The fitness industry is very cut throat, particularly in a small city like Limerick. You really need to offer something exceptional to compete with what is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Lease was up apparently and landlord wanted to double the rent. Very good gym, real shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Connelly men closing in the crescent
    Lease expired

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

All 3 stores?

The facebook post doesn't go into details
    Only mentions the main store

dunworth1 wrote: »
    The facebook post doesn't go into details
    Only mentions the main store

Ah, was in the other two stores this week and no mention of closing but did spot that one was shut in advance of a sale. Hopefully they'll be able to keep a presence there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Don't think that is their main store there. Isn't it one of the smaller units?

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Don't think that is their main store there. Isn't it one of the smaller units?

You're right, it's the unit beside where the butchers were (before they moved around the corner).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd nearly say all three will close. What I reckoned end of lease sale meant was "our lease(s) are up and the rent is sky rocketing so we are another local business leaving the crescent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

I seriously doubt that

Exeggcute wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that

why? the rent is extortionate i wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to make a big scene as a tactic to get the rent reduced

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Did they make gym stuff too?

Advertisement