Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder Woman (2017)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

An image leaked of Pine on set of Wonder Woman.
    Looks like Traynor won't be part of the present, and meets Diana in WWII era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

First peak at footage from the movie:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gloobag wrote: »
    First peak at footage from the movie:

Fifty Shades of Grey 2: Even Greyer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nothing to go on yet except a bunch of brief clips, so hard to form any immediate thoughts, but just on those clips I really, really wish Hollywood would get over the use of that filter that makes films look so ... sickly. That green-blue tint which saps all the life and vitality out of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,675 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,374 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The most interesting part of the article, imo:
    Warner Bros. also set dates for two untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018, and Nov. 1, 2019.

Is one of those going to be a new Ben Afleck Batman movie? I'd be surprised if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ya know i was kinda "WTF?" about the whole WW1 thing till i realised its probably the last time someone could ride a horse into battle that didnt look totally retarded .

plus its got very good possible ties to the moral of the story (i.e the worth of mankind). WW1 was called "the war to end all wars" for a reason. no ones ever seen such industrial scale death like it before and if im catching the trailer/ clip embedded up the thread right there looks to be a scene where wonder woman is wandering through mustard gas. theres the guts of some quality material there for a good philosophical exploration of WWs role/ beliefs. the horrors of war and i presume whatever quiet nobility redeems us as being worth saving to her.

im STILL holding major reservations. DC/WB have been very hit and miss for me on the quality front (mostly miss TBH compared to what marvels turned out) but WW was the best thing in bats v supes for me (helped mainly by the fact gadot seemed to be the ONLY character in the film enjoying herself :) ) and i was very surprised at how much i liked the actress in the role. she's looking to be a stroke of genius on the casting front.

im genuinely , if cautiously, optimistic for this now.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/756520524935602176

Poster.

Been reading DC Bombshells and a few of the Wonder Woman comics lately. Great stuff and I'm really gunning on WB to turn the DC Cinematic Universe into something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That can't be real, it has colour in it..

That's a much better costume than BVS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That can't be real, it has colour in it..

That's a much better costume than BVS

The red, blue and yellow looks far better than the brown, grey and brown we got in BvS. And WW was brilliant in BvS.

I'm getting more optimistic about this film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What. A. Trailer.

This is gonna make so much money. Forget Batman and Superman, this time next year Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman could be the ones responsible for getting everyone excited for the WB Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

and it looks .......good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

What's that... color and humor in a DC movie? ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I thought since BvS that this would probably be good. I enjoyed BvS enormously but only because it was so, so, soooo bad, it was absurdly marvellous. Despite that, Wonder Woman's appearance in the final battle was actually straight up great. She was the one part of the movie I enjoyed as it was intended. And I've heard similar from most people I've talked to about it. She has a lot of good will from that movie, so hopefully this has a good script and carries through on it's promise.

I'm intrigued about the WWI setting. The original premise of Diane wanting to fight against the evil Nazis obviously doesn't work. WWI didn't have an obvious right side and wrong side. So I'm curious about how this works. Wonder Woman is one of the most interesting superheroes. Someone who hates fighting and always strives for peace, but is a strong and capable warrior and one of the few who will take a life if she deems it necessary. I've also read reports that Diana is based on the New 52 mythology, which is now being re-written following the Rebirth continuity change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Need to see this film!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow, that actually looks pretty good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The colours were still pretty bleached out for those ww1 battle scenes, but otherwise it's remarkable what a little colour and a splash of humour does to the vitality of a film. Looks halfway decent for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Wouldn't it have been much better if they had got a guy to play Wonder Woman for once? When I was growing up I was so jealous of all the girls in my estate getting to do fast twirls, shouting 'Wonder wommmmaaaaann' and then running off humming the theme tune. Would have been nice to finally have had a guy play the role so that young boys today wouldn't feel as left out as we did in my generation.

Really hope Lynda Carter will be appearing in it, even if just a cameo. Although she had said she might not be interested in a simply cameo.
    It’s not so much that I want a cameo. If I had a part, if there was something that was nice about it, that was a piece that meant something, whether I was the mother or an image from the past or whatever it is, then it would be a little bit different. But just to do a walk-on as a cameo for the fun of it, I probably wouldn’t do it.
    Understandable of course. Incidentally, it is her 65th birthday today and she is still looking amazing.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

When I was growing up I was so jealous of all the girls in my estate getting to do fast twirls, shouting 'Wonder wommmmaaaaann' and then running off humming the theme tune.

I did it anyway. How my parents never spotted this as a sign is beyond me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

THAT TRAILER!! I have ascended. Unbelievably pumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Well, of all this Comicon trailers this was easily the best. Personally I love the period setting, it jibes with my love of that kind of Edgar Rice Burroughs early 20th century pulp fiction and of course the fact that it guarantees the plot won't revolve around some lazy computer based mcguffin. The WW2 aspect of Captian America was easily my favorite part of that first film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The film trailer looked very good and Gadot seems to have improved her acting skills since her fast & furious days but i would be concerned that it will copying the first Captain America film in that an evil entity has taken over part of the German army. There were no outright bad guys in WW1 so it looks a bit strange cheering on a superhuman beating up ordinary soldiers when they are not the evil nazis. Feels faithly reminiscent of the Watchmen scenes of Dr Manhattan fighting the 'evil' North Vietnamese in the Vietnam War.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im Sooooo looking forward to this one.

gadot just seems to be reveling in the role. the colours dont bother me too much as it does hark back to the era. even captain america had a bit of a washed look to it when they got to the front.

ive got the feeling Ares is gonna be the villain in this, but in more of a manipulator role causeing people to organically start the war than a "muh ha ha ha" type villain of the animated version.

what facinates me the most is we know from bats/supes that some where along the line she gave up on humanity and took a step back. how that came about is damn interesting to me. with a bit of luck itll be a few movies before we get to that part.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I really hope this is good. I really want to see more female driven superhero movies. Jessica Jomes was a good start, that's fantastic, unfortunately all we have on the big screen is **** like Catwoman and Elektra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like Gadot and Pine, but why the hell did they have to have it WW1.

Let's have the near unkillable demi-godess/made of clay warrior kill a bunch of conscripted men in a pissing contest between a bunch of cousins.

The original was WW2, were they worried about being compared to another shield wielding Nazi killer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Varik wrote: »

Let's have the near unkillable demi-godess/made of clay warrior kill a bunch of conscripted men in a pissing contest between a bunch of cousins.

The original was WW2, were they worried about being compared to another shield wielding Nazi killer.

They've practically the same origin story once you take away the mythology/super soldier stuff so it's no harm doing that differentiate them a bit more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Varik wrote: »

I'm assuming that here the enemy is war itself and the complexities of being sent to kill or be killed by men who are no better or worse than you are for no good reason as opposed to a straight up story of good soldiers versus evil soldiers. Though this a movie from the same studio that brought us BvS, so I might be being optimistic.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It seems SJW's and feminists are starting to pull a reverse-Ghostbusters situation on this due to Gadot being Jewish and of her looks :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Venom wrote: »
    It seems SJW's and feminists are starting to pull a reverse-Ghostbusters situation on this due to Gadot being Jewish and of her looks :confused:

What does this post mean?

Advertisement