Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi C7U2 Circular Saw ?

Options
  • 19-04-2024 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Blade Guard's developed a little play. Obviously, in a tool like this? That won't do! Not even a little.

I've undone the allen screw and took out the blade. Problem seems to be behind the, screwed on, round plate that reveals.

I've already messed up one of those screws, not having the right driver to hand 😬 Manual shows there's not much behind there. Nothing that means anything, to me.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi ya! Photo would help, but would it be that the blade bearing has worn, or how is the blade-guard held into place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Blade Bearing! Wow! Yeah: If I can sort this out, in a minute, I'll get ye the exploded diagram, of the place we're talking. Pretty sure a BB is Exactly what it looks like is in there 👍️

Yep. That makes sense, eh? That'd cause it too. Scary!

I do believe ye've solved it in one! Thanks! 🤸‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yeah, item 5 there is the likely culprit! I'd guess it's a standard fit, should "just" push out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

5's the one! Thanks 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭jack of all

Try and see if Dean Doherty on youtube has any repair videos on this saw. His videos are top notch and very helpful to anyone that wants to take on their own repairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement