Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting 22nd April

Options
  • 19-04-2024 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am in 2 minds here. I was laid off a few weeks ago. I had an interview early this week for a new Infosys project working in Microsoft in Leopardstown in South Dublin. The money is excellent working out not including bonus of €45k. I just worry that everything is going so fast. There have been a number of emails sent to fill out forms and there has been little time to prepare. I have told the recruiter that I was a little start of the start date and the amount of forms to be filled out considering the start date. She was no problem, we will get it sorted but start date will remain the same.

I am in 2 minds here. It is an opportunity and as it is a new project well we will see how it goes on Monday. However, another part of me is saying hold out, it is too soon to start out again. There are other interviews but I don't know how they will go or if I will get another opportunity like this. What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Having MS on your CV is never a bad thing so I would jump at it.

A longer gap of n you CV between jobs is a negative

ps there are a few typos in the post which you might edit

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Alexus25

Do up a cost- benefit analysis (Google If you're not sure how to do this)

If you need time off for a career break/mental health reasons then factor this into the analysis

Good luck 🌟

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Ignore how fast things are going with it & instead look at the role itself. Is it one you're interested in? Do you think you could learn something from it? Is the compensation fair for the travel (commute as well as other) that you'll be doing. Do you think you can do the role?

If so, why not go for it? Unless you feel you need a break from work & had planned to use some of your redundancy to fund a bit of a gap. Otherwise, I'd go for it.

As for other roles that you might be interviewing for - there's no guarantee you'd get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭chrisfroome

Why?? I am not exactly doing a job application. As long as people understand what the conversation is about, that is all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Squatman

id agree with the other poster. the way you have worded it, makes it possible to intrepret it a few ways, for example is your bonus 45k, or your total package, including bonus 45k. starkly different propositons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement