Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KIA UK warranty in Ireland

Options
  • 18-04-2024 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I previously had a UK import Kia Ceed and the warranty did work in Ireland. However, Brexit happened since then.

Is the Kia warranty for post-Brexit cars applicable in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Miscreant

It certainly was valid for my UK import Hyundai at the time. No reason to think Kia would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Hannaho

I imported my Hyunda car to the UK 18 months ago - Hyundai UK would not honour the remaining 18 months warranty. The hyundai dealer I bought te car from in Ireland said that once the plateswere changed to UK, they would not honour the Irish warranty. When I went to sell the car it was deemed by several dealers to be only worth half of what they would give if it was not an import. They said that they can only really sell imports at auctions. My insurance was also higher as it was deemed an import and only a few companies would give e a quote because of this.Then, as I hadn't lived oin the UK for three years I couldn't get finance for another car. The experience of those with high end cars might be different.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Unusual - Hyundai Ireland can be a pain to deal with for UK imports warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Perhaps it was because my car was a pre-Brexit registered import? As in, it had been UK registered in 2019 and imported here in 2021.

Not sure otherwise, but it was back 4 times for warranty work and there was never any comment from the dealership that it was an import. It was pretty easy to tell as the clocks were in MPH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MichaelR

I do suspect the difference is when the car was originally registered; it might be that the pre-Brexit warranty was EU-wide and they didn't change the warranty on existing cars.

I can't find out for sure so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭goochy

Think importers just don't have any time for imports in general though its good for business really as its extra service / psrfs business

Advertisement