Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem searching for infants on DC Trust website

Options
  • 17-04-2024 8:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Earlier today I was searching for the death of an infant who I believe was buried in Glasnevin in 1903 but I had no record to confirm this.

My hunch was that I did previously have the record but that it got lost after the Glasnevin website disaster.

Just to be sure, I went through all of the records I've purchased since then and, though I still haven't found the record I was looking for, what I noticed was that when I clicked on purchased records for burials of children under 1 year old I was taken to the home page.

Furthermore, taking John Hoare as an example - he died in 1894 aged 4 months - searching for this burial which I have from a previous purchase returns nothing.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Fraoch333

I contacted Glasnevin Cemetery a few years ago as I couldn't find records online for infants who were buried there.

I was told that burials in the Angels Plots are not online, and a separate search would be carried out for me. The plot information was send to me via email.

I hope you get access to your records again.

Advertisement