Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric cable source

Options
  • 17-04-2024 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know where to buy electric cable, by the meter? I literally need one, maybe two meters of good quality electric cable to hook up a new lamp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Location might be relevant:

SuperMikes in Clonsilla do most different electric cable by the meter, very handy if not the cheapest.

Other than that the only other place I've previously seen it by the meter is the little hardware shop in the Roselawn Shopping Centre (long since closed down with owners retired) so try small local hardware stores near you.

Builder providers such as Goodwins are generally terrible for electrical cable, only have set lengths and typically quite expensive. Otherwise I'd expect electrical wholesalers (there's one near Phibsborough) to sell by the meter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ND Electrical in Nutgrove will also sell cable by the metre. Reasonable prices too last time I had to get some flex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Where are you based?

When you say good quality, are you just looking for 3 core light duty white flex?

For 1m of flex would you not just recycle it from an old device/lamp? If you are near dublin 7 drop me a PM and I will cut you some off a roll.

Advertisement