Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name to use in Probate - Birth Cert or Commonly used name

Options
  • 17-04-2024 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

My siblings (executors) are in the process of making a personal application for Probate. I have assisted my wife in a personal application in the past, and there were no difficulties, so I am helping out with this application as well. The only concern I have relates to the fact that, although the forename given on the deceased's birth cert is "Nora", the name she used throughout her life was "Noreen".

The Death Certificate will be issued under the name Nora to match the birth certificate. Both the will and all assets are under the name "Noreen". We have a couple of legal documents which refer to her in the text as "Nora", but which she signed Noreen.

Is there anything in particular we need to prepare in advance of submission of the SA.2 form and the meeting in the probate office to satisfy them that Nora and Noreen are the same person?

Comments

Advertisement