Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get cheap used home appliances?

Options
  • 16-04-2024 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

My fridge just died on me.

Back in the UK, most towns had cheapo shops around where u could get old but working household appliances for cheap. I think this particular fridge cost me no more than £30.

OK so that's going back about 16 years, and yes - like a mad bastard I brought it with me!

Thing is… I've never seen such shops in Ireland… at least not that I know of, but then I'm out in the sticks in East Clare, so there's that.

Quick look around Donedeal shows me I'd be lucky to get something under €100 and even then would have to travel to pick it up.

Any suggestions, where can I pick up a cheap under-counter fridge… like <€50 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭blackbox

Try adverts.ie. you might even find stuff for free.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Far too much risk for shops to sell them on, consumer rights are so strong here when there's a business selling; I knew of two in Dublin but checking Streetview they're both long gone.

So Adverts, Donedeal, and local Facebook groups are the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 audiobabble

'tis the way of the world these days! Sellers would have to require an iron-clad disclaimer agreement just to sell on old fridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,941 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think Mastercare Killester used to do this, selling refurbished second hands they had serviced.

But not mentioned online for them now.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tamara25

pre loved appliances Tuam road, Galway city

• Advertisement
Advertisement