Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year round hanging basket

Options
  • 16-04-2024 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I want to prepare some hanging baskets with plants that will look decent all year round, so with nice foliage, and that can stay alive through the cold months. In the spring/summer, I can add some colour to it with annuals. I can of course bring the baskets indoors during extreme snaps, but ideally it should be as much outdoors as possible

On my current list: ‘Homestead Purple’ Verbena, heuchera, VINCA MINOR (LESSER PERIWINKLE)

Any advice and recommendations welcome. Do you have such a basket? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had some going for a while, but they do need on-going attention, they can get scruffy after a season. I had small phormiums, goldcrest cyprus and varigated ivy all of which did ok. Also some small cyclamen which did not survive and pansies as an annual which were a bit mixed, some did ok, others not so much. I would think heuchera might be a bit vigorous for a basket. The phormiums were pretty much indistructable, they have since been planted in the garden.

Advertisement