Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to begin my digital transformation

Options
  • 16-04-2024 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Current central heating system was installed about 20 years and wasn’t exactly cutting edge even then.

I have a two year old boiler which I presume is still fine. Smart meters were installed in the area a couple of years ago.

Typical 2 storey house. I have a thermostat on the landing and in one of the reception rooms downstairs (which has now gone kaput). 1st picture below.
    I also have thermostats on most the individual radiators.

The second photo is of a timer connected to the boiler which controls when it comes on etc.

I’d like to have greater control of the individual radiators and turn them on/off remotely.

Any suggestions on how best to proceed? TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Hive do a system that would achieve what you need. There are lots of others makers that also do this.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Ted222

thanks for your reply.

Would I just need hive to replace the thermostats? Would I need something to replace the boiler’s timer as well?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It's probably best to have it installed. Maybe call into your local electrical or plumbing supplier and ask if they have any recommendations for installers.

Maybe person who replaced your boiler could do it or recommend someone.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement