Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability allowance

Options
  • 15-04-2024 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m looking for information please I am on disability allowance for a long time now and I’d like to try a job working from home and I’m worried about if the job and will I be able to do it . What’s people advice should I ask social welfare ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,413 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Contact your local Pobal workability person. They'll point you in the right direction, make the appointment today https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/2f719-minister-humphreys-announces-funding-to-improve-employment-opportunities-for-disabled-people/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi, is it a full time or part time job? No one can really answer the question of if you’ll be able to do it better than you can yourself. You can work and retain all or part of your disability allowance depending on how much you earn. It’s not really clear from your post what you are asking about though. Are you asking how it would affect your payment or if you would be physically or mentally able for it? I work 24 hours a week. I get reduced DA payment and my employer gets a grant for employing me through the wage subsidy scheme. I found my job through a job coach with the employability service.

Advertisement