Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple travel insurance but husband lives in Uk, not been covered

Options
  • 15-04-2024 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I buy annual insurance here, and My husband buys in the UK as he lives there. I book all flights holidays etc, however, last week I broke my ankle and we are supposed to be going away on holidays tomorrow, my insurance wont pay me for him, as they say he is not on my insurance although i paid for the holiday, and his insurance wont pay him as he didnt pay for the holiday , any idea of ways around this, I looked at couple insurance online but there is no where to tick, that i live here and he lives there, but fed up now, as only getting my part back, any tips be appreciated. My travel insurance is up in 2 weeks so looking for alternatives. T.I.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The insurance company has a point. You are flying from Ireland and would be covered as an irish resident on an irish policy, he seems to be flying from the UK from outside the EU, living as a different household, he may as well be your sister or cousin, or friend, so why should he be covered ? Id also ask, how many people who you are not living with do you think should be covered on your personal insurance policy which I presume is for 1 person, maybe stretching to cohabitants which is not the case here.

Personally if I were in the position, unless its a sporting or scuba diving holiday I'd just go ahead. I broke my ankle a few years ago and with the big boot and pair of crutches I was grand, and yes, I did go on a trip abroad and it wasnt much of an issue, maybe aside from steps but if you dont board the plane first you can take your time and youre not holding up anyone.

For walking, if you use the crutches right you will be quicker than normal walking so its not a hinderance, and when I see people farting about on crutches (saw someone last week at my local station who would have been quicker on their hands and knees) it seems to be more of an effort to gain sympathy than a copped on way of making progress. I would excuse anyone thats old and feeble in fairness, but if youve a husband working and living in the uk youre obviously not of pensionable age so you should be able to cope.

As for your husbands insurance not paying, has he insurance on his credit card or something where clearly in the terms it says you must book it on that card. Its whats putting me off getting a gold credit card (as a travel insurance) as myself and the mrs book things in parallel and it would never work for us either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DeeBill

Was really just asking about Travel Insurance that would cover both

regards

Advertisement