Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Eat In with kids Blanchardstown area

Options
  • 15-04-2024 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for visiting family on a Saturday evening. Two kids, one will just eat chips so she's easy, the other will eat most things. Their Dad is a fairly fussy eater too. Was thinking TGIs/Captain America's but I've not heard great things about either lately. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

If going for burgers and chips then Bunsen is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

+1 for Bunsen. They keep the menu simple and do it well.

I was in Captain America's recent and was shocked at how expensive everything was. For example, at their low end, Cheeseburger is 16.75 vs 9.85 in Bunsen and I think that Bunsen burgers are better. CA does have a very extensive menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Depending on the time the Clonsilla inn is popular with families. Good menu options for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Bunsen is more of a fast-food place though, closer to Eddie Rockets than Captain Americas.

Clonsilla Inn is a good shout, but liable to be rammed with soccer fans on a Saturday evening.

Maximillians in Blanch village is lovely, surely the fussy guy will like steak, chicken or pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Love Maxis but it's gone so expensive, especially since they got rid of the early bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Foxhunter in Lucan is another shout. They've elephant and castle there but they have a soft play area for the kids. Isn't cheap though.

Advertisement