Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the structure of Facebook not annoy anyone?

Options
  • 14-04-2024 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭

I shared a post of something I’m offering in different groups to get it the most exposure but I don’t see the post on those groups. Is there anyway to make sure it was definitely shared to those groups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Facebook is a strange place, I use it every so often and encountered the same issue. I think it's down to group moderators or supervisors having the power to check posts themselves before allowing them to be seen. if you don't see a post after a day you could check the group's owner /moderator and ask what is going on.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's not a structure issue, it's almost certainly a moderation issue. Did you check the policies and rules of each group? Are you known in those groups, or did you just land in on the day and expect them to provide an advertising board.

FB has many strange issues. I've been off it for years, but had to get involved again recently for professional reasons. It's bizarre how some basic functions just don't seem to work. The 'turn on notifications' for a post doesn't work. The default filter on comments is a distraction, requiring me to switch back to 'all comments' every time.

The reporting of spam posts is completely different on desktop compared to on mobile. Very poor customer experience.

Post edited by AndrewJRenko on

Advertisement