Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download film

Options
  • 11-04-2024 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi i am wondering how i can download some old films and put them on a usb stick. Is this possible.thanking you,

John barry

Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

Answers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Download from where?

Also, what storage capacity is the stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi thanks for reply, there are 2 films i want to down load and keep,

The quiet man

Darby o gill and the little people

I dont know where i can get them from and i an looking for help on the stick as well. I am totally a nee comer to this and would appreciate any guidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭niallb

As an alternative, CeX have both in stock on DVD if you've a player or a computer with a drive.

Total cost including delivery would be about €12 for the two. Easier to back them up to USB from disc anyway, but you'd have the DVDs to put on your shelf too if that was enough.

Again thanks alot, i might buy the dvd, could i definately transfer then to usb or would they be protected

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You'd need to use a tool to dump your DVD to a computer removing its DRM, and then a tool like Handbrake to create an MP4 or MKV that you can put on USB.

You'll need to look elsewhere for the dumping tools as I assume their discussion is not allowed here - however, if you type "videohelp DVD decrypter" into a search engine, you should find a site that can help you.

• Advertisement

I just got the movies today and copy and pastd it from dvd to usb stick, but the film wont play on tv. Its only parsially loading and all interference. Any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/iDxccTC17cpAKsrD/ some dvd,s free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Locking this as I think the query has been answered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement